Shaak TI

Only Jedi contractors.

And they wouldn't do it because deforestation is the mark of the dark side :thumbsup:

yeah that why coruscant was full of natural life...

on the jedi homeworld there wasn't an itty bitty piece of plant.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Cameron Suey, a producer dude, got interviewed by videogamer.com.

VideoGamer.com: We're a multiplatform website and some of our PC-owning readers have complained about this.

CS: And that's something that every time I read that, we do hear that complaint, it hurts. Our goal was we wanted to get this game to as many people as possible. I definitely wish it had been possible. However the PC being the gaming platform that it is, someone with a $4,000 high-end system would definitely be able to play the Euphoria, the DMM and really technical elements of the game. But someone with a low-end PC would have a watered down experience, they would have to turn all the settings down and it wouldn't be the same game.

1. That's complete bullcrap. Xbox 360 is 2.5 years old, there is no way its PC equivalent would cost so much.

2. Graphics is the only thing this game is worth playing for. Yeah, that's how I chose to interpret the comment about getting watered down experience if you turn down the video settings.

That said we're definitely not out of the PC market. It's just with our choice for this game, with the known quantity for the consoles, and every console is the same with the same processing power, it made sense for us to develop for those consoles.

Translation: our programmers suck and would fail miserably if we asked them to optimize the engine for a vast number of possible PC configurations.

Man, nitpicking is fun!

Edited by H
20795.jpg

Crappy consoles, they delay gaming evolution.

Since a console generation lasts from 4 to 5 years, we seen new games once they are releashed and then they remain at the same levels (at least graphically).

I think that developers tend to move away from PC gamers. since games for PC are easier to copy and harder to develop.

Gaming evolution should not be defined by graphical standards. If that's how one tries to measure progress, then we're stagnant already.

Working with a known platform that you already have experience with gives developers more capability for design of gameplay mechanics than a stronger graphics card.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Evolution on games is highly depended on graphics whether we like it or not.

I'm not saying that a game should obly be judged on graphics though.

It is just that new 3D environments with realistic animation give more options to the developers and enhance playing experience.

Next step would be to have virtual environment in games.

Consoles are limiting the developing since they do not get upgraded but once every five or so years.

• 3 weeks later...
It's gonna be SO bad*ss!

It will be fun... for the time it lasts. It will never reach the revolutionary value of the kotor's, however Im loving the effects and game engine, so I guess im waiting for its arrival aswell. Id rather see a KOTOR 3 everyday on the upcoming game list though.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

It's gonna be SO bad*ss!

It will be fun... for the time it lasts. It will never reach the revolutionary value of the kotor's, however Im loving the effects and game engine, so I guess im waiting for its arrival aswell. Id rather see a KOTOR 3 everyday on the upcoming game list though.

TFU will surely be more revolutionary by its game/engine mechanics alone though

There's nothing revolutionary about Kotors apart from Kotor 2's plot is quite revolutionary in SW setting

Uhh, but that's it

Engine was nothing but modified version of NWN engine

It didn't feature physics etc.

Plot in K1 was your random collection of SW lore

Gameplay was dumped down version of over 20 years old system

There was NOTHING revolutionary about Kotor

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It's gonna be SO bad*ss!

TFU will surely be more revolutionary by its game/engine mechanics alone though

There's nothing revolutionary about Kotors apart from Kotor 2's plot is quite revolutionary in SW setting

Uhh, but that's it

Engine was nothing but modified version of NWN engine

It didn't feature physics etc.

Plot in K1 was your random collection of SW lore

Gameplay was dumped down version of over 20 years old system

There was NOTHING revolutionary about Kotor

People still learn new things and talk about TSL. Will we be doing the same with TFU several years after its release?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Very unlikely

I love TSL as much as the next guy but minus the fact Kotor was first Star Wars RPG there was nothing revolutionary in them

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

You just contradicted yourself... you said it was Star War's FIRST rpg which is revolutionary in itself. If you don't take it in that form than that doesn't matter you already said you enjoyed it. TFU will last as long as its 19-24 hours of gameplay Lucas Arts said it will, kotor in my case lasted over 100 hours..

62nzp7r.jpg

Something revolutionary has to be radically new. Not just new. Nor does getting a lot of hours out of something qualify it as revolutionary.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Uhh, no that isn't revolutionary at all

Aliens RPG will be first RPG set in Aliens setting. That doesn't make it revolutionary. If it'll be revolutionary it'll be because of its other merits

Kotors would've been revolutionary SW RPG's if the game system itself had had SW aspects deeply incorporated in it in som meaningful way. Kotors simply used ancient stripped down D20 mechanics with SW makeover and SW plots

That's all there is to it

Edited by Xard

Not so fast Xard, how can you compare Aliens to Star Wars...? I know this is where opinions kick in but in a overall vote Star Wars will beat any other series. Yes I see where your coming from, but just because its stripped down D20 mechanics, it is and always will be Star War's first RPG. I may not being using revolutionary in the correct way, but it still is revolutionary in itself because it was the first. Maybe not in a overall gaming way, but by anything to do with Star War's Yes!

62nzp7r.jpg

I brought Aliens in as example why using some certain setting won't make game revolutionary

Revolutionary

1. Of or pertaining to a revolution in government; tending to, or promoting, revolution; as, revolutionary war; revolutionary measures; revolutionary agitators.

2. (advertising) pertaining to something that portends of great change; overthrowing a standing mindset

3. (sciences) pertaining to something that revolves

As you can see being first something doesn't alone mean somehing is revolutionary

Hey, Bane had a female apprentice, and no one was more bad*ss than him.

But yeah, I do believe all the supporting characters are geared toward a male apprentice. Plus the apprentice's voice actor looks EXACTLY like his character. This game's still going to be tyte, though.

BANE! :sorcerer: Umm... anyway, yeah, TFU should be sick, but I'm not sure. But you can't be a female. at least that means there shouldn't be a Carth-like whiny character. :brows:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

You know whats a fact? Bane is slow and strong, so Revan could chop his arms off!!

Erm... not quite. Orbalisks block lightsabers, and I don't recall Bane being slow anyway. ;)

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

You know whats a fact? Bane is slow and strong, so Revan could chop his arms off!!

Erm... not quite. Orbalisks block lightsabers, and I don't recall Bane being slow anyway. ;)

But remember, Revan has 1000 ways to kill a Jedi or Sith :sweat:

... kinda like Palpatine, for that matter.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.