van buren

Finishing Van Buren is a nice dream... exactly that, a nice dream.

So is raising the Titanic, a nice dream, but only that.

I probably cry more tears for Jefferson though, as I know preciously little about the content and game mechanics of Van Buren, so It's only the dream of whatever my imagination fills in the blanks with in a possible Fallout 3, that's giving me moist eyes. *sniff* :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

From everything that I know, or even think I know, I doubt that the van buren that we have come to think of as something great to play in the next year, won't happen, certainly not with Interplay in the whole senario. - Unless something is changing (which is possible), Interplay probably won't outsouce the game, and they seem to be much happier with only producing consoles for now -- so... as I said, I doubt that the game will happen.

Inertplay is very good at scrapping halffinished projects :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Perhaps this time they will make it the same rating as DAII :)

Objectively there isnt much wrong with FOBOS and as an action game its better than DAII which was just so easy is it was pretty pointless.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

uh, VB wasn't targetted for consoles. if interplay were to resurrect it, however, it might change focus :) from what the devs said (at the time) VB required more than just tying up loose ends. the main design work was completed, but very little had been implemented. i think 9 months of a 10 to 20-man team was the number JE quoted...

yes, however, to the comment about splitting FOBOS into two parts. i think #2 was mostly done almost immediately.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Yep.  Only think that is Fallout coming from **** will be FOBOS 2, unfortunately.

The game got such a bad reaction and sold poorly in responce to that reaction. FO:PoS2 has to the best of my knowledge been completely canned and is now dead. What they are doing however is making a *new* fallout action game (because they are retarded you see, like Bart in that episode of the Simpsons where Lisa puts the electrode on the cupcake) that does not have the PoS name and is entirely new.

Will it have the same level of suck, boring mechanics and utterly dull gameplay? Who knows, but maybe if they put in a special effort this time, it can have real time bouncing boobs.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

it'd be ace to see another fallout after all this time. van buren or not, i'd still be excited to see it. personally i'd love to see more of the fallout world. maybe china, or europe.

hell i'm pretty sure fallout 3 would go pretty close to the top of my 'most anticipated' list. being van buren would just be a bonus.

while it was dissapointing to see tactics instead of another rpg, i still had alot of fun with it, and the story they had was cool too. i can see why people hate on it though.

Well it was not Fallout 3 and it did clash with Fallout lore a bit with that Vault 0 stuff.

Also it was a pure combat game, one of the good things about Fallout is that we could take a non combat option to most quests.

drakron.png