Farorite Character?

Farorite Character?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite main character from KotOR 2?

• Kreia
    • Atton Rand
    • Bao-Dur
    • Mandalore
    • Visas Marr
    • GO-TO
    • T3-M4
    • HK-47
  2. 2. Who is your favorite optional character?

• Handmaiden
    • Disciple
    • Hanharr
    • Mira

I didn't mind Mira. How she responded to advances was terrific. But I never had room in my party for her. She would have been a 4th, easily. Her character was definitely more interesting than Visas, who was actually my 3rd. However, back when I actually played through the game I never knew how to make your companions Jedi other than Handmaiden and always got the impression from the game that blaster characters are useless. They end up fighting in melee 9/10th the time, anyway. Might as well make it someone who does particularly good damage there.

Edit: Not 4th. Maybe 5th. 4th is totally HK-47.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I didn't mind Mira. How she responded to advances was terrific. But I never had room in my party for her. She would have been a 4th, easily. Her character was definitely more interesting than Visas, who was actually my 3rd. However, back when I actually played through the game I never knew how to make your companions Jedi other than Handmaiden and always got the impression from the game that blaster characters are useless. They end up fighting in melee 9/10th the time, anyway. Might as well make it someone who does particularly good damage there.

Edit: Not 4th. Maybe 5th. 4th is totally HK-47.

i truly injoyed mira, she's has personality and attitude, and spunk...I hate spunk(no one will get that joke)

i wish you could talk more to hear but, i liked here conversion best

Yeah, nobody here has ever seen Mary Tyler Moore. I certainly haven't. Never even heard of it. What's that?

I was more of a **** Van Dyke fan. Oh look, he tripped over the ottoman again!

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

One of the best things about Mira, honestly, is that you can turn her into a Jedi as soon as you get her. I always go to Nar Shaddaa first, and before I leave, Atton, Mira and Bao are all Jedi. Then zip over to Dantooine and pick up Disciple who can also be turned in the matter of a few conversations, and voila, you have a full crew. True, there's not room in your party for all of them, but I guess I'm always swapping them out constantly. My 3 favs for my party being Atton, Bao or Mira. I'll keep Kreia with me at first just for another healer, but I ditch her as soon as Atton turns... and of course, I've not leveled him since I got him so he becomes a pretty decent little Jedi right off the bat.

Oh, and I have seen Mary Tyler Moore... it's been 25 years (at least), but I've seen it!

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

This sums it up, especially the highlighted part.

She was an egocentric bitch, so I stopped listening to her.

Mira's attitude is even worse at times, though. She's supposed to play this tough young woman character, but shows way too much cleavage to take serious in that regard. At least Handmaiden does it because she likes the exile. In Handmaiden's case, I could at least care about her issues. Mira just bit my head off for no particular reason, at which point I stopped caring what her problem was. Perky kid? Try overconfident and self-important... Her constant bragging about me being "her bounty" was not "fun", just annoying...

For no particular reason?? You killed her family! You destroyed her clan!

Nonsense. The exile and her family fought on opposing sides in the Mandalorian Wars, but to go from there to saying the exile personally killed her family is a pretty big stretch. Besides, if a family/clan doesn't want to fight in a war, then simply don't fight in one, particularly one which your side started and pushed. Otherwise it's like saying I should seek blood vengeance because you killed my brother when he forced his way into your home and tried to kill you and your family at gunpoint.

Yet in spite of being raised by Mandalorians she is a non-violent person who would rather find people than kill them. She couldn't even let the wookiee who was trying to kill her die.

Which makes her non-aggressive, but calling a self-proclaimed bounty hunter specialized in the use of mines non-violent seems odd to me.

Furthermore, she's the only one who implies that there's something going on between you and your romantic interest. She's always picking on Atton when he starts getting jealous and she is just plain fun.

So she's not blind... :blink:

She sure didn't have much tact, though. And she's not the only one. Kreia comments on relationships too, and in their own way, her comments are far more amusing than Mira's, which are usually just tactless or embarrassing or both.

But maybe all that works better if you're female and you're not trying to hit on her.

Not really. I have no problem that she turned the male exile down. After all, the female exile can't romance Bao-Dur either. It was the constant "ooh, you're my bounty" comments that made me wanted to force a lightsaber down her throat repeatedly... and I play LS. At least the game could have let me tell her to stop doing that, but oh no - "because Mira's so perky and got so much spunk - hahaha!" :x

Ok, you make a lot of good points. Non-violent is especially not the word to use considering her implied excessive use of stun cuffs and bothan stunners. So, she doesn't like to use lethal force. I'm not exactly sure what the most precise word would be for that, but ah well.

I'll let you not like her I guess, but The Architect called her boring. She may grate on your nerves, I guess (though I still don't get it), but she isn't boring.

Also, you might want to really think about the phrasing of the following quote, especially the parts in bold:

It was the constant "ooh, you're my bounty" comments that made me wanted to force a lightsaber down her throat repeatedly... and I play LS. At least the game could have let me tell her to stop doing that, but oh no - "because Mira's so perky and got so much spunk -

You know... if you read that quote the right way, it really just sounds like sexual tension. Perhaps you should rethink your feelings towards her and come to terms with something?

:blink:

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

This sums it up, especially the highlighted part.

She was an egocentric bitch, so I stopped listening to her.

Mira's attitude is even worse at times, though. She's supposed to play this tough young woman character, but shows way too much cleavage to take serious in that regard. At least Handmaiden does it because she likes the exile. In Handmaiden's case, I could at least care about her issues. Mira just bit my head off for no particular reason, at which point I stopped caring what her problem was. Perky kid? Try overconfident and self-important... Her constant bragging about me being "her bounty" was not "fun", just annoying...

For no particular reason?? You killed her family! You destroyed her clan!

Nonsense. The exile and her family fought on opposing sides in the Mandalorian Wars, but to go from there to saying the exile personally killed her family is a pretty big stretch. Besides, if a family/clan doesn't want to fight in a war, then simply don't fight in one, particularly one which your side started and pushed. Otherwise it's like saying I should seek blood vengeance because you killed my brother when he forced his way into your home and tried to kill you and your family at gunpoint.

Yet in spite of being raised by Mandalorians she is a non-violent person who would rather find people than kill them. She couldn't even let the wookiee who was trying to kill her die.

Which makes her non-aggressive, but calling a self-proclaimed bounty hunter specialized in the use of mines non-violent seems odd to me.

Furthermore, she's the only one who implies that there's something going on between you and your romantic interest. She's always picking on Atton when he starts getting jealous and she is just plain fun.

So she's not blind... :wowey:

She sure didn't have much tact, though. And she's not the only one. Kreia comments on relationships too, and in their own way, her comments are far more amusing than Mira's, which are usually just tactless or embarrassing or both.

But maybe all that works better if you're female and you're not trying to hit on her.

Not really. I have no problem that she turned the male exile down. After all, the female exile can't romance Bao-Dur either. It was the constant "ooh, you're my bounty" comments that made me wanted to force a lightsaber down her throat repeatedly... and I play LS. At least the game could have let me tell her to stop doing that, but oh no - "because Mira's so perky and got so much spunk - hahaha!" :(

actually they said her family died at malachor so exileXbaodur ARE responsible for there deaths, maybe her misery just comes because she stays in that cargo hold, it seems to have a cuse upon it whereby anyone who resides there will have a tragic story

Ok, you make a lot of good points. Non-violent is especially not the word to use considering her implied excessive use of stun cuffs and bothan stunners. So, she doesn't like to use lethal force. I'm not exactly sure what the most precise word would be for that, but ah well.

I'll let you not like her I guess, but The Architect called her boring. She may grate on your nerves, I guess (though I still don't get it), but she isn't boring.

Also, you might want to really think about the phrasing of the following quote, especially the parts in bold:

It was the constant "ooh, you're my bounty" comments that made me wanted to force a lightsaber down her throat repeatedly... and I play LS. At least the game could have let me tell her to stop doing that, but oh no - "because Mira's so perky and got so much spunk -

You know... if you read that quote the right way, it really just sounds like sexual tension. Perhaps you should rethink your feelings towards her and come to terms with something?

:)

i for one, did read it the wrong way :thumbsup:

A certain annoying, pathetic, furry, purple dinosaur should be:

1. Held up as a loving role model for children

My favorite character is Bao-Dur. Period. I can't really explain why... hmm must be the horns. :thumbsup: Of the optional characters, while I like Disciple (and Handmaiden to some extent) I like Mira better.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

KotOR 1 & 2 favorite MALE characters thread http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=48968

Heh.

Was that aimed at me? :lol:

If so did you notice that I said I voted for Bao-Dur and Mira. And she's very much female. :thumbsup:

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

My favorite character is Bao-Dur. Period. I can't really explain why... hmm must be the horns. :) Of the optional characters, while I like Disciple (and Handmaiden to some extent) I like Mira better.

hmm, your not a'jayla on bioware forums are you?

hmm, your not a'jayla on bioware forums are you?

Maybe. :verymad:

And it's A'ja'la. :yucky:

i feel sorry for go-to no one likes him, i think people underestimate his uses.

Well, I sort of like him as a character. I mean, he's a manipulative villain who sacrifices others as a matter of course, but then you could say that of Kreia and HK-47 as well. I like his creepy HAL-2000 impersonation and the voice-acting is excellent. He just as has the same problem that T3 did in the first game - he's useless as a partymember. But I like his story and the way you can use him in a few places.

1st: Kreia. Extremely deep, with great lines and a great voice actress. There's really not a whole lot that you can say. Even if you hate her, you can't just ignore her. The best characters are the ones who will leave an impact no matter if you ultimately like them or hate them, and that's how Kreia is. She made KotOR II what it is, and even with the cut content, I consider KotOR II better than I simply because of her and her relationship with the Exile. The game could have had only her as a supporting character and it would have been just as good.

TBH, though, I don't feel the other main characters were really all that great. T3 was amazing for his supporting role, as was HK, but as with KotOR I and even with their original counterparts in the films, they serve purely as supporting characters, great at what they do, but being fairly limited in what they can provide. After the droids, Canderous was perhaps the only truly worthwhile character, IMO, but even then his role was diminished compared to K1. Atton I personally hated, I felt he had bad lines and a dry voice actor, and as a replacement for Carth (who comparatively had good lines and an amazing voice actor), I just couldn't feel for him as the 'main male'. It always felt like he was trying too hard to be stereotypical scoundrel. Plus he just looked dumb, IMO. His best elements were his backstory and the plot point that he was a rare non-Jedi who could face Jedi (even Kreia) and actually resist the Force--that was something I liked about him. I wouldn't necessarily say he's a 'bad' character... I just never really liked him, personally, and felt too much of the plot focused on him despite him not really being center screen material. And again, as he was essentially replacing Carth as the lead male NPC, he just really, really couldn't fill the shoes (Carth was by far my favourite character from K1)

Beyond the above, there was Visas, Bao, and GO-TO. GO-TO suffers from dwindling in role when he joins the party... he was a great NPC and I love the debate the Exile has with him on his yacht. But once you get him as a character, he loses most of his philosophical role (especially when compared to Kreia) and just starts saying the same stuff over and over. Bao... was a good concept, but poorly executed. He's good when he speaks and gets involved but he rarely does. Maybe it's just the way I play the game, but he seems to have very, very little to say, compared to all the other characters. I wanted to get more out of him, but he rarely had any dialogue from what I saw. Visas just... was boring to me. She felt, essentially, like she had no role aside from being an emotionless servant (which is something even Kreia reminds you of). For the most part I just wished I could have killed her when she boarded the ship instead of keeping her alive, and rarely even acknowledged her presence after the initial conversation trees. A character who is so submissive that she says 'My life is yours.' when you talk to her doesn't really strike me as a very meaningful character.

Optional Char Poll: If I could have voted for two, I would have picked both Mira and Hanharr. But since I have to make a choice, I'd say Mira simply because she's more 'human' than Hanharr and thus more viable in more situations. Hanharr is great to talk to from a philosophical standpoint but as soon as you finish getting his story out of him, he isn't really useful anymore. He's very much a background character despite how deep he is, at least for me. Mira on the other hand, while perhaps not as deep, is the most 'real' character in the game, IMO. I considered her even more down to earth than Atton. In a game with as much philosophy and darkness as KotOR II, you need that anchor and I felt Mira provides it. She's also K2's only down-to-earth morally good character (like Carth and Mission were in K1)--IE, she's as good as you can be in the real world, unlike Mical's philosophical-but-naive form of good. I really wish there was a way to get both Mira and Hanharr because I think both are great characters, it's a shame you have to choose between them.

Mical is also good, however. He wasn't as developed because he was a late addition, but what's there is good. He's like GO-TO and Atris in that he provides a political backdrop to debate the overall impact of the Force and the Republic with-- in fact, he's probably the closest thing to having a 'good' Atris character. I love debating with him about the Jedi and the Republic, and perhaps the thing I dislike the most is the fact that I lose influence with him all the time because my character usually doesn't agree with his beliefs.

Having never played a male character, I don't really have much to say about the Handmaiden. She seems like a good character when you get to talk to her at Telos, but I don't know much of her beyond that.

Overall, I felt that the supporting cast of K2 was much, much weaker than the supporting cast of K1. Kreia carried the game on her shoulders, but the rest of the characters were rather drab for the most part and the game would have lost very little even if they would have been cut, unlike K1 in which most of the characters were equally important and meaningful for the game and the plot.

You know, I'm actually surprised that Kreia had the most votes, because when I posted this question on Bioware, everyone seemed to hate Kreia because she acts like she's intelligent when she really isn't, weird, but I have to admit that on K2: Bao-Dur, Handmaiden, Kreia, Mira, and HK-47 are my very favorites, and I have to say that the party member I hate the most is Hanharr, even though I've never had Hanharr with me, I heard he was a big Walking Fuzz Ball, I thought Zaalbar made a much better Wookiee than Hanharr is, because of Zaalbar being a great ranged fighter and Hanharr, just a useless Wookiee, not a good fighter at all, terrible melee, terrible ranged, stinks unarmed, compared to Mira: amazingly good melee fighter (you know Vibroblades, Long Swords), okay ranged fighter (even though I never have her with blasters), good unarmed. But really, my melee fighters in the party are: Atton (dual Vibroblades), Kreia (Vibrosword, or Long Sword, sometimes lightsaber), Handmaiden (dual Shyarns, one Vibrosword), Mandalore (one Vibroblade), Mira (one Zabrak Vibroblade), and Visas (dual or one sword of any kind), ranged (The droids, you know, HK-47, T3-M4, GO-TO) and Bao-Dur. But in K1: melee fighters would be:

Bastila (one sword of any kind, sometimes dual swords), Mission (one Prototype Vibroblade), Carth (dual Vibroblades), Juhani (one Vibrosword), and Jolee (double-bladed lightsaber). But overall, my favorite characters would be: HK-47, Bao-Dur, Visas, Mira, Bastila, Carth, Juhani, Mission, and Handmaiden.

deicideLogo5.jpg