Farorite Character?

Farorite Character?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite main character from KotOR 2?

• Kreia
    • Atton Rand
    • Bao-Dur
    • Mandalore
    • Visas Marr
    • GO-TO
    • T3-M4
    • HK-47
  2. 2. Who is your favorite optional character?

• Handmaiden
    • Disciple
    • Hanharr
    • Mira

(By optional i mean the characters you can chose by gender/alignment, not if you want them or not o:)) My favorite is Canderous(Mandalore) just before HK-47 who i would put just before Bao-Dur :( and my fav. optional character would be handmaiden. :)

Edited by shadowplay107

A certain annoying, pathetic, furry, purple dinosaur should be:

1. Held up as a loving role model for children

My two favourite characters from the game would be T3 and Hanharr. Most of the rest (with the exception of Kreia) feels a bit "Klichee". Especially if looking at both games together. How often do you get a rust bucket for team member that is a manipulative, secret hiding, string puller? Not to mention with more personality than most of the other NPC's o:)

And Hanharr has to be my favourite Wookie in the SW universe. The first and only one I've seen that wasn't an angst filled, whining, walking carpet afraid of his own shadows. This one is actually a scary Wookie :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My two favourite characters from the game would be T3 and Hanharr. Most of the rest (with the exception of Kreia) feels a bit "Klichee". Especially if looking at both games together. How often do you get a rust bucket for team member that is a manipulative, secret hiding, string puller? Not to mention with more personality than most of the other NPC's :)

And Hanharr has to be my favourite Wookie in the SW universe. The first and only one I've seen that wasn't an angst filled, whining, walking carpet afraid of his own shadows. This one is actually a scary Wookie :(

yea i agree, i usually hate wookies but he is cool because he is a real beast o:)

What Gorth said. Hanharr gets my vote simply because he is the only character built around the concept of life debts who doesn't suck. As for T3... Well, it's amazing how much personality you can put in a droid who can't even speak coherently.

20795.jpg

Well, I chose Bao-Dur and Mira. I've never actually gotten Hanharr before because I love Mira *SO* much, I can't stand not to have her even if I'm attempting a dark side game... not that I've ever finished one of those, mind you...

I absolutely adore Atton as a romantic interest, but as a character Bao has him beat to pieces. There's just so much more depth there.

I really don't think the characters in K2 are all that cliche, at least not compared to the original. Yeah, they're sort of archetypes, but you really can't create good stories without realistic characters and I really think the Obsidian team did a good job making all of the characters pretty real... even if not fleshed out as much as I would have liked. Disciple is probably the least "real" but I think they could have done a whole lot better with him if they'd just gotten rid of the stupid ren faire accent. I think Obsidian probably needs some female writers for romantic interests... because they soooo missed the mark with Mical. I know what they were going for, and I hate it that it didn't work... but it didn't. Not at all.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Atton is my Fav main character, hands down. His dialog is brilliant, and I LOVE wit in a man. I also tend to favor whichever NPC that I happen to be romancing, although this romance never culminates into anything :) .

As far as optional characters, it's pretty close between Mira and Hanharr, but I'm going to have to go with Mira since her voice is so sexy. :* I'm ashamed to admit that I've never made it off Peragus as a male exile, so I've never gotten the Handmaiden. And I think everybody already knows how I feel about Mical . I'll probably go ahead and try out the mod that makes the Handmaiden available to fem exile soon...

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Kreia and Handmaiden of the choices offered. My favorite character is a contest between Kreia and Visas with T3 a clear third.

I like Visas, but mostly it's because she is so mysterious, and frankly, once you've talked to her thoroughly, and usually in one long conversation, she has nothing to say afterwards. Since I don't want to be accused of liking women to be silent, I'll have to rank Kreia higher just for that reason alone :)

Besides, Kreia is just about the best written character in any computer game ever. She has some of the best one-liners, even compared to movies and tv shows, and she is complex and insidious too. Yes, she's also a manipulative, evil old hag as well, but she sure isn't your usually cheesy villain lilke Malak. Kreia has a cause, and in her own demented way, she is the heroine of her own philosophies, since she is willing to sacrifice herself to her ideals.

T3 is a powerhouse in TSL, but he's also more of a character. In K1 he was just bleeding trash compactor bleebing his way through various access codes and nothing more. In TSL he is the secret mover and shaker of things, who manipulates the circumstances and stages events as Revan would want them to be, at least to the extent that T3 interprets it. It's nice to see a droid that can have a heart of gold and remain the secret power behind the throne at the same time. Oh, and he gets to zap HK-47 :*

Next I would probably choose Bao-Dur, HK-47 (who IS funny, even if the humor is dark), Handmaiden, Atton, Disciple, G0T0 (nasty, but voice-acted so well), Mira, Hanharr and finally Mandalore, who may be hard as nails, but whose utter disregard for life and shameless pride at how he and his people killed the innocent makes me cringe... If only I could have made him see why he and his people are pigs, it might not have been so bad, but the option to do so is not there, which sucks.

Of the optional characters, I like Handmaiden better than the others. I don't hate the Disciple, but next to the Atris-Exile-Handmaiden triangle drama, his plot impact just plain sucks IMHO, and his long rants of morality and ethics can be really annoying too. Mira's attitude is even worse at times, though. She's supposed to play this tough young woman character, but shows way too much cleavage to take serious in that regard. At least Handmaiden does it because she likes the exile. In Handmaiden's case, I could at least care about her issues. Mira just bit my head off for no particular reason, at which point I stopped caring what her problem was. Perky kid? Try overconfident and self-important... Her constant bragging about me being "her bounty" was not "fun", just annoying... Hanharr is better written, but he's a pig with few redeeming features. Yes, I get why he ended up as he did - his background is interesting, but it does not make me want to be anywhere near him. As interesting as his reasons for killing his tribe are, it still leaves him as a crazed murderer.

I love Attons character. I think hes pretty funny...plus I'm a softie for the whole romance thing :* (which I was really hoping would go somewhere). I like Mira, but I chose Mical because I like him too and if it weren't for him you wouldn't be able to see Atton get jealous... I know, I know...lame right? :)

Atton is my Fav main character, hands down. His dialog is brilliant, and I LOVE wit in a man. I also tend to favor whichever NPC that I happen to be romancing, although this romance never culminates into anything :) .

As far as optional characters, it's pretty close between Mira and Hanharr, but I'm going to have to go with Mira since her voice is so sexy. :* I'm ashamed to admit that I've never made it off Peragus as a male exile, so I've never gotten the Handmaiden. And I think everybody already knows how I feel about Mical . I'll probably go ahead and try out the mod that makes the Handmaiden available to fem exile soon...

Haha, where would we be without Atton and Carth? lol

GO-TO is a very unpopular character, as i thought anyway but this poll is proving it. i think he could have been a much better character if he had more abilities, a lot more :ermm:

I actually like G0-T0 quite a bit in theory and have used him as the antagonist in one of the fics I've written. In all honesty, he has a pretty fascinating back story, or at least it could be... as a party member, however, he sucks. He really doesn't add anything at all to the party if you have Mira. And I always have Mira. :D

Guest The Architect
I like Visas, but mostly it's because she is so mysterious, and frankly, once you've talked to her thoroughly, and usually in one long conversation, she has nothing to say afterwards. Since I don't want to be accused of liking women to be silent, I'll have to rank Kreia higher just for that reason alone :shifty:

:shifty:

Visas is my favourite character in TSL for that reason, actually. :shifty:

Nah for me it's easily Kreia with Visas, T3, HK and Atton rounding up my top 5, although I like all the characters except for Mira and the Disciple who just bored me, but I couldn't bring myself not to like Mandalore in K2 because we all know the "cool" factor Canderous has.

Edited by The Architect

but I couldn't bring myself not to like Mandalore in K2 because we all know the "cool" factor Canderous has.

Yes, Mandalore is tough. He is nasty in both the good and the bad sense. However, for me the bad heavily outweighs the coolness factor, since it disgusts me how he takes pride in attacking the innocent and helpless of the Republic. That's the infantile boy who torments his baby sister and makes her cry because he doesn't feel he gets enough attention from his mother. That's how I see the Mandalorians. I can appreciate their skill in war, but their attitude is immoral, inexcusable and infantile.

I like Visas, but mostly it's because she is so mysterious, and frankly, once you've talked to her thoroughly, and usually in one long conversation, she has nothing to say afterwards. Since I don't want to be accused of liking women to be silent, I'll have to rank Kreia higher just for that reason alone :shifty:

:lol:

Visas is my favourite character in TSL for that reason, actually. :shifty:

Nah for me it's easily Kreia with Visas, T3, HK and Atton rounding up my top 5, although I like all the characters except for Mira and the Disciple who just bored me, but I couldn't bring myself not to like Mandalore in K2 because we all know the "cool" factor Canderous has.

Mira bores you? :blink: How is that even possible? She's got so much spunk, she's the single most observant person you get in your party and she looks great while doing it. Now, I completely get Di being boring, boring, boring, but Mira? No way. You probably just didnt like being told you were too old... ;)

but I couldn't bring myself not to like Mandalore in K2 because we all know the "cool" factor Canderous has.

Yes, Mandalore is tough. He is nasty in both the good and the bad sense. However, for me the bad heavily outweighs the coolness factor, since it disgusts me how he takes pride in attacking the innocent and helpless of the Republic. That's the infantile boy who torments his baby sister and makes her cry because he doesn't feel he gets enough attention from his mother. That's how I see the Mandalorians. I can appreciate their skill in war, but their attitude is immoral, inexcusable and infantile.

Mandalorians are somewhat referenced as Spartans, pure warriors, that don't fear nothing.... I personally think that they are just all-out tough, that's it, but attacking the innocent and stuff like that, is a bit disturbing.

Guest The Architect
Mira bores you? :shifty: How is that even possible? She's got so much spunk, she's the single most observant person you get in your party and she looks great while doing it. Now, I completely get Di being boring, boring, boring, but Mira? No way. You probably just didnt like being told you were too old... :shifty:

This sums it up, especially the highlighted part.

She was an egocentric bitch, so I stopped listening to her.

Mira's attitude is even worse at times, though. She's supposed to play this tough young woman character, but shows way too much cleavage to take serious in that regard. At least Handmaiden does it because she likes the exile. In Handmaiden's case, I could at least care about her issues. Mira just bit my head off for no particular reason, at which point I stopped caring what her problem was. Perky kid? Try overconfident and self-important... Her constant bragging about me being "her bounty" was not "fun", just annoying...

This sums it up, especially the highlighted part.

She was an egocentric bitch, so I stopped listening to her.

Mira's attitude is even worse at times, though. She's supposed to play this tough young woman character, but shows way too much cleavage to take serious in that regard. At least Handmaiden does it because she likes the exile. In Handmaiden's case, I could at least care about her issues. Mira just bit my head off for no particular reason, at which point I stopped caring what her problem was. Perky kid? Try overconfident and self-important... Her constant bragging about me being "her bounty" was not "fun", just annoying...

For no particular reason?? You killed her family! You destroyed her clan! Yet in spite of being raised by Mandalorians she is a non-violent person who would rather find people than kill them. She couldn't even let the wookiee who was trying to kill her die. Furthermore, she's the only one who implies that there's something going on between you and your romantic interest. She's always picking on Atton when he starts getting jealous and she is just plain fun.

But maybe all that works better if you're female and you're not trying to hit on her.

Ok, *deep breath* sorry... I'll try to stop ranting now. I have to admit that I probably didn't really care all that much about her when I was playing the games (at least the first times) but when I was looking for story ideas she was so full of potential. I had great fun with it!