Torrent players please

walkerguy

Despite .torrents being a fine line, I would like to get a player. I can deal with an unsure reccomendation, I'll take whatever risks. If theres a free player out there that anyone knows about... And yes, free. I'm cheapo. Oh? Why don't I google it? Becuase someone here would know better than some search engine. >_<

Twitter | @Insevin

Torrents come in random chunks. I think he means something that can play a partially completed audio or video torrent file.

Well, using Azureus I can open up FLV player and it plays all partially downloaded movies. No idea about sound, though.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I have no idea what this guy is talking about.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Clarify what exactly you are wanting, yes, walkerguy. If it's playing partially downloaded torrent A/V, then an FLV player or winamp is the best way to go. If downloading, I have to agree with the utorrent recommendation.

Uh... you don't play torrent files. Just to cover all bases, I'll explain:

1. You search for a torrent file of whatever you want to download. (e.g. an mp3 of Mary had a little lamb.)

2. You download the .torrent file, which is tiny and isn't actually the mp3.

3. You run a torrent program such as Utorrent (linked above) to use the .torrent file to download the acutal mp3.

4. You play the .mp3 in winamp or whatever.

I suspect you are actually talking about step 3. There is no such thing as a torrent player. Yes?

Question answered, and thread done.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: