[question] Blaster bolt deflection mechanics

Hello, everyone,

There some things I don't know about blaster bolt deflection. But before I ask, let's start by what I do know (I more or less state the obious, but, just in case I am mistaken...)

-> There are 3 feats and 2 powers talking about blaster bolt deflection.

-> The feats are Jedi defense, Advanced Jedi defense, and Master jedi defense.

-> The powers are Force deflection, and Force redirection.

-> To deflect blaster bolts, one need either at least jedi defense with a lightsaber, or Force deflection.

-> To backfire blaster bots at the enemy, one need either at least jedi defense with a lightsaber, or Force redirection.

-> When one carry a lightsaber, Advanced jedi defense and Master jedi defense give a bonus to blaster bolt deflection (resp +3 and +6).

-> When one does not carry a lightsaber, Force redirection gives a bonus to blaster bolt deflection (+3).

Now, my questions. Reading the text of the power and feat, I'd answer "yes" to all, but I still have a doubt.

-> Does Force redirection gives any bonus to a lightsaber wielding jedi?

-> Do Advance jedi defense and Master jedi defense give any bonus to unarmed blaster bolt deflection?

-> If the above is true, are these bonuses cumulative? That is, does the combination Master jedi defense plus Force redirection give a total +9 bonus to all blaster bolt deflection rolls (lightsaber or not)?

-> Finally, how can I check this? I have heard about logs, but don't know how to have them. Console, maybe?

Many thanks

Well, I cannot say for sure if that is all correct (though the feat description of redirect does mention it is added to the LS roll aswell).

I CAN point you to the logs screen however, it is hidden inside the Quest tab (under messages). There it is further redirected into 4 tabs, the one you seek for being the combat log.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

SOLVED

Well, I have my answer: Basically, Yes to all:

Bonuses from Force deflection and Advanced/Master jedi defense do stack, for any deflection roll. Besides, the exact same bonuses apply no matter the weapon you hold (provided you can deflect/backfire blaster bolts at all).

The value of a deflection roll is:

1d20 + Base Attack Bonus + Force deflection + Advanced/Master jedi defense (+ Lightsaber form + object bonuses)

For my Consular 16 / Master 9, it was 1d20 + 25 + 3 + 6 (+ 0 + 0)

(The terms in parentheses didn't actually appeard in my log, I am just confident they will if applicable)

Note that we use the base attack bonus, not the total one (32 in my case). So, given a combination of levels and classes, Blaster bolt deflection and attack bonus are utterly independent (this surprised me at first, but it make sense).

Now, getting those results was easy: near the bottom of the Journal screen, there is a button which let me access to the logs. The logs are filtered just like the inventory or the shops item lists. All I wanted was the combat section, which is very explicit. Silly me. And sorry for the noise.

Well, I cannot say for sure if that is all correct (though the feat description of redirect does mention it is added to the LS roll aswell).

I CAN point you to the logs screen however, it is hidden inside the Quest tab (under messages). There it is further redirected into 4 tabs, the one you seek for being the combat log.

Really sorry to have bugged you all. Thanks for replying!

Now, I should edit the title of my question...