Mical (Disciple)

I wanted to name this topic "Force Choking Mical, but thought that was too much of a spoiler.

Ok, so Ive got the Prima official game guide for KotOR 2 (which is completely useless, let me tell you). In the back is a section called Party Members' Paths of Destiny, which is supposed to clue you in on some of the influence opportunities and such. The Spoiler warning says: The following party member information reveals all of their secrets and should ONLY be witnessed if you wish to know EVERYTHING about your teammates and some of the plot of this adventure. You have been warned!

So, under Disciple: Companion Quest Information, on the very bottom of this list is:

The Choke's On You

If you are a cruel and merciless leader, you can actually Force Choke the desciple during conversations, using the line:

:thumbsup: [Force Choke] "I do not need your counsel, only your obedience." (Influence loss).

Conversely, the disciple takes a fancy to you, and various romantic conversations can be initiated, much to the chargrin of Atton Rand.

Now, I'm not really interested in romantic conversations with Mical, but I wanted to force choke him just because I find him so creepy. Has anyone been able to do this? I feel like I've tried dozens of times, but it never works for me. Maybe this whole thing is just bogus, since a lot of times game guides are written before the games are finished (which woulda caused major havock as far as this game goes).

post-23197-1208902573_thumb.jpg

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Hmm interesting. That would be cool to see!

Mehh... I know. After playing this game for the umptieth time, it'd be cool if I could see something new that wasn't the result of a mod.

hehe, yeah. I've just started KotOR II for the...oh... I dunno 9th time... something new would be cool. ;)

Cut content.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

How is the disciple creepy? Boring, a sissy, OK. But creepy? Really, explain this to me. :ermm:

OK, so have you ever had someone IRL who you knew was attracted to you, and you liked them as friends, but you weren't attracted to them? And then they were super-nice about it, but they were constantly hinting that they liked you? This is the vibe I get from Mical. I don't know why, but there it is. I also felt this way on behalf of Padme in Episode II, when Anakin keeps throwing "I've never stopped thinking about you"s her way. It's not a conscious thing, it's just... well.. the creeps. Maybe men are incapable of feeling this... after all you don't have to worry about someone you don't like jumping you without the ability to fend them off... That's got to be it. Knowing that someone likes you too much, but not wanting to be a horrible b*tch to them, and tell them to piss off, and at the same time, sub-consciously knowing that they could attack you if they were so inclined. Maybe? :ermm:

legoK2.jpg

Ah, I think I see where you're coming from. But I always had the impression that the disciple is too... soft to be creepy that way. I admit, I haven't played female that much, but his attitude always struck me as more of childish admiration (what with the PC being his teacher and all) than romantic obsession. I found Atton WAY more creepy.

And, let me get this straight. You don't want to hurt his feelings by telling him to GTFO, but a bit of telekinetic throat massaging is a-ok?

Umm... :ninja10:

I found Atton WAY more creepy.

Nah, I liked Atton.

And, let me get this straight. You don't want to hurt his feelings by telling him to GTFO, but a bit of telekinetic throat massaging is a-ok?

Umm... :ninja10:

When I said "Knowing that someone likes you too much, but not wanting to be a horrible b*tch to them, and tell them to piss off, and at the same time, sub-consciously knowing that they could attack you if they were so inclined.", I was trying to explain 'the creeps' in context. I would definately tell Mical to GTFO if I could. I frequently have 0 influence with him, but it makes no difference.

legoK2.jpg

I dunno, I wouldn't mind hot amazon stalking me :sorcerer:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Visas had hottest voice, Handmaiden/Brianna was teh... of forget it :sorcerer:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

No, I tend to agree more with Scorchy...

http://fromearth.net/LetsPlay/KOTOR%202/Up...2021/index.html See, even Scorchy sensed Mical's creepiness, he calls him a "sycophant", and he wasn't even a female Exile.

For some reason people really hate Mical. I suppose it's because he fills the role of the mandatory Star Wars "preachy little goody-goody two shoes" character in TSL, and he is disliked more than most of those characters because he's so young, gullible and yet spouts jedi principles all over the place even as he stares moony-eyed at the female exile, making him seem highly hipocritical.

I don't really dislike him as much as most people seem to, though. He can be annoying, but he's fairly harmless, and though his preaching can be trying, his points are usually quite appropriate, even the come across in a less than fortunate manner, mostly owing to his inexperience.

And obviously he serves as a conscience to the exile, which doesn't go over well with most people. Not that I blame them - none of us like being moralized to, and Mical is close to doing that and stating the obvious at times, too, which probably makes him a candidate for someone the player might want to point out when approaching HK-47... >_<

Mical's not completely unlikable, I just can't help but notice all the innuendo that he LIKES you (fem Exile). I guess it's pretty funny how this irks Atton, but if they ever DID let you get down and choose between the two of them, the choice would be simple...

I know he was supposed to be a cooler char, but he suffered from cutt content (WOW), so... well, I just find him slightly off-puting. And I mostly wanted to force choke him because it would be funny. I'd force choke any of my other party members if I could. >_<

legoK2.jpg

For some reason people really hate Mical. I suppose it's because he fills the role of the mandatory Star Wars "preachy little goody-goody two shoes" character in TSL, and he is disliked more than most of those characters because he's so young, gullible and yet spouts jedi principles all over the place... obviously he serves as a conscience to the exile, which doesn't go over well with most people. Not that I blame them - none of us like being moralized to, and Mical is close to doing that and stating the obvious at times, too, which probably makes him a candidate for someone the player might want to point out when approaching HK-47... :shifty:

As a player who, at the lightest, is either natural or evil -although I have played through every option- I found him intolerable and never used him unless forced to, something the aforementioned tweak permanently fixed. Why cannot we kill off these annoying characters - oh, that's right, no one would want to have them in the party if we had that option. At least Carth ran off, and was killed if you used that restoration, although it happened about a full game too late for my tastes. Well, I guess convincing his son to be a sith was a plus that would have been missed... :devil:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot