So I got Mask of the Betrayer for $13 bucks

Bokishi

Yes, because it's awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

But dont do like I did and expect the game to serve you everything on a platter. You have to find all mask pieces to get the proper ending, its a bit 90's hardcore rpg in that way

:shifty:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It's worth playing.

The game prominently features two big stonking turds: the lousy NWN2 engine (performance is better than NWN2, but still pretty shoddy) and the craptacular epic-level D&D ruleset (gameplay isn't challenging at all or particularly fun, and the super-high-level stuff feels really forced and cheesy). However, the rest of the game is strong enough to make me give it a hesitant "thumbs-up," at least for the first two chapters. The characters are very well done, and the storyline is quite interesting for the first 2/3rds, until they made the silly mistake of revealing the answers to all the big questions and thus taking away the player's main motivation to keep playing until the end.

Edited by Enoch

It's worth playing.

The game prominently features two big stonking turds: the lousy NWN2 engine (performance is better than NWN2, but still pretty shoddy) and the craptacular epic-level D&D ruleset (gameplay isn't challenging at all or particularly fun, and the super-high-level stuff feels really forced and cheesy). However, the rest of the game is strong enough to make me give it a hesitant "thumbs-up," at least for the first two chapters. The characters are very well done, and the storyline is quite interesting for the first 2/3rds, until they made the silly mistake of revealing the answers to all the big questions and thus taking away the player's main motivation to keep playing until the end.

I didn't really mind the story pacing, my only real gripe being the high level stuff. But then, I didn't like that that aspect of the BG2 expansion either. Nice story, an interesting "problem" for the player and companions that aren't rammed down your throat (this is what you get and you damn well better care about them because we say so). Plenty of little details that makes the world feel less like an empty cardboard backgroung. Best crpg in a long time on the PC.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

But dont do like I did and expect the game to serve you everything on a platter. You have to find all mask pieces to get the proper ending, its a bit 90's hardcore rpg in that way

:thumbsup:

Heed this man's words.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If you don't install it your computer will self destruct.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It's awesome, awesome

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

If you don't install it your computer will self destruct.

Yes... think about the loss of all THREE of your 8800s... o:)

EDIT: 2,000th posting!

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Is it recommended I beat the regular NWN 2 campaign first, or just go right into this one?

It depends on your preferences I guess. MotB is a better game than the OC. But it is a direct continuation on the main story, so knowing roughly where it ends is a plus.

But you certainly don't need to play the OC from a game balance perspective or anything. So if you're ok with starting a character at level 18, that's certainly an option. If you haven't played the OC at all, I think it's worth going through once at least though.

Honestly, dude... you've bought the software; the cycle is already complete. Of course you shouldn't install it! You should never install any software that you buy. Talk about defeating the purpose of the purchase . . .

If you install what you buy, then you won't be tempted to buy it again the next time you're in the game store and think 'I need a new game, but what haven't I played already?' If you actually install it, it's just one more hook on your memory that might interfere with those redundant purchases. Granted, it's not as big or as pointy a hook as if you actually played the game, but still... if you're ever going to purchase this thing more than once, you really just need to destoy all evidence of this latest purchase and purge your memory. Combat piracy! Don't install or use what you buy, but buy buy buy!

Do not install the game.

Do not play it.

Do not even think about your purchase.

Yooouuu didn't see aaanything . . .

Is it recommended I beat the regular NWN 2 campaign first, or just go right into this one?

MotB is by and large unrelated to the OC, but knowing the various references it makes during the campaign makes the experience sweeter. Besides, the OC has its own interesting quest arcs that make it worth playing.

In my estimation, MotB features some of the best RPG writing since Torment, and that alone makes it worth playing. Plus, by now most of the game's technical blunders have been dealt with.