Graphics card

Walsingham

It's that time again. I have carved out

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

For that budget, you could get a 8800GT. However, if I were you I'd save a few quid and buy a 9600GT.

What, pray tell, is your system?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

i'm pretty happy with my 8800 GTS with 320 MB of mammaries and OC'd by the manufacturer. can't recall if it is an eVGA or some other, however. i don't play games like crysis or anything so i don't ever experience frame issues with this.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I have had quite good experiences with the 8800 GTS 640MB so I don't think there would be major disappointments with that. By now I would porbably buy a GT though.

I'm pretty sure I would end up buying the 8800GT in Pidesco's example unless I would be able to use the money that was saved for something of actual value.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I have had quite good experiences with the 8800 GTS 640MB so I don't think there would be major disappointments with that. By now I would porbably buy a GT though.

I'm pretty sure I would end up buying the 8800GT in Pidesco's example unless I would be able to use the money that was saved for something of actual value.

Like women of ill repute?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Like women of ill repute?

I would have suggested a cheap game but your suggestion works too. ;(

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My old 7900GTX explodiert! I'm currently using a drawing of a graphics card done on the back of a breakfast cereal packet.

So should I just stump up for a 9600GT?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

9600 is a great value

Very well. I accede to your power-crazed demands.

BTW since I'm saving some money on the GPU I think I should get some more RAM

-Elwood Blues

Right, I ordered the 9600GT you suggested, and upgraded to 2gb of RAM. I also bouyght myself a new mouse.

Now all I have to do is find time to enjoy all this new kit next week.

-Elwood Blues

The bits have arrived. Any final advice? Otherwise I'm going to open this sucker up and hammer in the parts with a flyswat.

-Elwood Blues