Xbox 360 Respawned

Gorth

Irrelevant. They'd never be 6 of us on at the same time.

Interesting tidbit re: L4D

http://www.e3coverage.com/E32008/e32008_left4dead.html

At 3:10, he mentions the 360 co-op (of which we already know has splitscreen included). "You and a buddy can play with two bots, or you can go online and play with other people". That sounds like guesting, but I'll try to look for a definitive confirmation.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'd want to be either defense or one of the wings.

How do you draw straws over the internet? ;)

We can do 5 on 5. Goalie would be either too tough or too boring.

Yar! CPU goalie as the scapegoat/hero!

Irrelevant. They'd never be 6 of us on at the same time.

I could see four or five of us being online simultaneously.

Would Nick be down for playing hockey?

It's all moot, anyhoo, Kyle would get poached by some other team, I'd bet.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'd buy the game just to feel like part of the gang again.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I want Pixies on the team if for nothing else to see what he writes on his players profile. Plus, he's a good guy in the locker room, according to Llyranor ;)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I feel obligated to buy a 360 soon. But what game should I get when I do?

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

How's Lost Odyssey?

Oh I thought you meant multiplayer games to play with us, but yeah I've heard good and bad things about Lost Odyssey but it can't be that terrible. Mass Effect or Bioshock are also really good if you haven't played them on PC yet

Yeah, have Bioshock on PC. Mass Effect I will get on PC because it has a better interface.

I have no plans to pay for multiplayer at this moment. I've heard mixed things on Lost Oddyssey as well. Maybe I should check on when Vesperia comes out.

Edited by Tale

Lost Odyssey is great fun if you like turn-based JRPGs. If you don't, it probably won't make you love them. The 'Dreams of a Thousand Years' are the real highlight of the game (short sidestories fleshing out the main character - who's a 1000-yr old guy who can't die). Nick will say it's the best JRPG he's played, and I'm not going out of my way to argue with him, if only for the Dreams.

Here's one example (the first one in the game, which you get very early on), if you want to see how the audiovisual presentation of one is like (of course, spoilers, in case you want to see it in-game first):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPhG8XQKP9w

Vesperia should be great for any fan of Tales of Symphonia/Abyss.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

Turn-based RPG appeals. 7 minutes of text... not so much. Never actually played a Tales game, but I am interested in seeing what people like about them.

I should probably pose this question to my friend over Soul Calibur later today. Though, he also thought Final Fantasy XII was incredible, so I'm not sure I can count on his opinion.

Edited by Tale

7 minutes of text

That 7 minutes destroys everything that bio has ever made.

Becides, they're completely optional and readable at your own pace so if you don't care about reading and ACTUAL character development/backstory then you probably shouldn't be playing jrpgs in the first place.

I mean, if you sat through the Nibalhigm scene then you've got no excuse at all.

Hadescopy.jpg

7 minutes of text

That 7 minutes destroys everything that bio has ever made.

Becides, they're completely optional and readable at your own pace so if you don't care about reading and ACTUAL character development/backstory then you probably shouldn't be playing jrpgs in the first place.

I mean, if you sat through the Nibalhigm scene then you've got no excuse at all.

I'm already interested in Lost Odyssey. However, your argument is so bad that I'm now a little less interested. I'm no Bio fan. And when I was a Bio fan it wasn't for story consideration. We can make a differentiation between narration text and dialogue text. Like we can make a differentiation between dialogue text and MGS cutscenes. And I am capable of enjoying MGS cutscenes (most of the time). I also was able to tolerate the Xenogears second disc. Which was mostly just narration.

Edited by Tale

They're relevent, enjoyable and completely optional. It's not even an argument, why the crap would I care if you're a bio fan or played Xenogears while judging FFXII or whatever the Hades you're going on about.

Hadescopy.jpg

If anything, it's like reading a book after long periods of gaming.

Actually, I would play it for the battles. The creatures look awesome and the bosses are also pretty cool looking.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I am so surprised nobody wants to murder me in retro H2. I don't blame you for your fear, guys. :yucky:

How is the multi on H2 these days? Obviously it used to be thriving but with H3 and especially COD biting off huge shares of the online users, is it still active?

Its active. Easy to get a match. Dunno why Nick_i_am won't come. He probably fails to load Lockout or something. :shifty:

Twitter | @Insevin

My 360 RRoD'd.

:)

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"