Your Top Ten Games

Ninja Gaiden BLACK!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

System Shock 2

Deus Ex

Planescape

Baldur's Gate

Fallout

Baldur's Gate 2

Neverwinter Nights 2: MotB

Nevwerwinter Nights: Paladin Trilogy (Mod: Never completed :sad:)

Fallout 2

Undying

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I think I want to add Gothic 3 to my list. I know it stutters, I know it WAS buggy (recent patches has stopped ALL crashing for me and I've actually not seen anything worse than some clipping issues and such!), I know it's spread a bit thin.. but the world! The atmosphere! The myriad of things to do! The cities and temples and monasteries and mines and islands and and and.. it's just so awe inspiringly well done! I am replaying it right now and even though I thought I was very thorough last time, I am again finding new stuff I have never seen before! It really is a world.

So..

Wasteland

Gothic

Gothic 2

Deus Ex

GTA: San Andreas

Fallout 2

Ultima IV

Daggerfall

Gothic 3

One more to go :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Phantasie

M.U.L.E.

:)

A reminder that EA once released a lot of different game genres...

*reminiscenses (sp?) the days of "Seven Cities of Gold", "Hard hat Mack", "Archon" & "Racing Destruction Set"*

I think I could use a remake of "Racing Destruction Set" :sad:

I remember Racing Destruction Set. Wow, I'd remembered the game for years but couldn't think of the name of it (a bit like that game where you bought a giant monster and set it loose)

Seven Cities of Gold I remember playing, but never finishing.

ARCHON was the game though! I remember many epic battles on that game.

Never played Hard Hat Mack though...platformer?

Phantasie was a great game. :sorcerer:

So ten I really liked (and played a whole lot):

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Planescape: Torment

Dragon Force

Phantasie

M.U.L.E.

Arcus Odyssey

Final Fantasy VI/III

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Katamari Damacy

Shining Force II

hell yeah :thumbsup:

though that fight with the Kraken was a huge jump in the difficulty level

Yeah it was. Man I loved Shining Force II so much that I actually got all my characters up to level 99 once... :o

It was actually the first (and only game) I assisted on an online FAQ for (Mostly spell progressions for some of the wizards and I found a weird "issue"? where I got Talos' sword on a random drop; unusable by any party member and I held onto it thinking there was going to be some character who'd use it).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm going to mention series, even though the thread implies a single game. For instance, I just can't think of Baldur's Gate series as seperate games. In no particular order...

Baldur's Gate Series: Not including the console Dark Alliance BG games.

Icewind Dale Series

Planescape Torment

Neverwinter Nights Series

Knights of the Old Republic Series

Resident Evil 4: The rest of the series was decent, but this one took it to a whole new level.

Call of Duty 1/United Offensive: The sequels all sucked.

Doom Series: I still play Doom 1/2/Plutonia from time to time using a source port, and I love Doom 3.

Enemy Territory Series:Wolfenstein & Quake Wars - Love this game. Best class based team games I've ever played. TF 2 can go eat poo.

Quake Series

You can probably tell I'm a FPS & RPG guy. :) The above are on my list as they've kept me coming back for LONG periods. There games I can still pick up and play and love any time I want.

Honorable mention:

Lode Runner

Space Quest Series: Along with Quest for Glory, the only adventure series I've played the whole series of.

King's Quest 2: Space Quest 1, King's Quest 2 & Lode Runner were my first games EVER.

The Quest for Glory series

Psychonauts

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - The beach landing scene blew my mind when it first came out

No One Lives Forever 2

Halo 1: Combat Evolved

Far Cry

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Spent countless hours in Multiplayer before transfering over to Wolfenstein: ET

Unreal 1: First game was amazing, but for some reason or another I completly lost interest in all of the sequels, MP or otherwise.

AvP 2: Anyone else notice how Monolith has a habit of making great games and then giving them expansions that almsot make you forget why you liked the original game?

Anachronox

Deus Ex

Fallout 1 & 2

Starcraft & Brood War

Sacrifice: Best RTS game I've ever played.

Grand Theft Auto 3: The sequels lost something when the main characters started talking.

Robocop vs. The Terminator: Sega Genesis. Excellent.

Batman & Robin: Sega Genesis. Graphics on this were insane at the time.

Donkey Kong 1-3: Awesome SNES platformer

Alien 3: One of the crappiest movies of all time somehow became one of the greatest side scrollers of all time on SNES.

Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles: Perhaps the most epic sidescroller. Screw Mario!

Earthworm Jim 1 & 2

Gunstar Heroes

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Fallout 2

Arcanum

VtM: Bloodlines

Tron 2.0

NOLF

Kotor 1

Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Mafia

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

Baldur's Gate II

Knights of the Old Republic I

The Sims

Age of Empires

Civilization

Caesar

SimTower (yes, this cheesy game is one of my all-time favorites)

Hordes of the Underdark (NWN I OC and Shadows of Undrentide just don't quite make the cut)

That's it for me for now. I've played tons of games but these are the ones that I've enjoyed repeatedly. There are other games I really like (such as NWN 2 and MotB) but I've gotten the most mileage out of these games.

For Knights of the Old Republic I fanfic goodness, please visit Sweetie's Works of Fiction

If we were talking about how much time we've spent enjoying a game, I'd have to throw in The Sims or The Sims 2, but I don't know if it's enjoyment as much as a sick obsession with wanting to live a different life.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Isn't that what gaming is all about?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yeah, but I'm not talking about dreaming of living in a different world were there is magic or the force and everyone runs around with swords or lightsabers, and running around as a counter terrorist shooting terrorists, I'm talking about me wanting to play in a completely different regular life taking place in a regular world. There is a distinction.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I don't know how your regular life goes, but in my regular life, I've never managed to maintain 6 different sexual relationships, including a marriage, concurrently without all the utterly dedicated lovers ever finding out about it, even if I'm having sex upstairs with one of them, while the wife is downstairs playing chess with another lover of mine.

The role playing options in the Sims 2 are awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I don't know how your regular life goes, but in my regular life, I've never managed to maintain 6 different sexual relationships, including a marriage, concurrently without all the utterly dedicated lovers ever finding out about it, even if I'm having sex upstairs with one of them, while the wife is downstairs playing chess with another lover of mine.

The role playing options in the Sims 2 are awesome.

Thanks for the new signature! :shifty:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I don't get to live in a mansion with expensive pieces of artwork but my Sims sure do! I get so obsessively addicted to that game because there are so many sides to it. There's the dollhouse effect, the endless lifestory possibilities, the ability to craft (thanks to Free Time) as I never could in real life...

For Knights of the Old Republic I fanfic goodness, please visit Sweetie's Works of Fiction

That's how they hook you. :thumbsup: Just when you finally get bored with the game, they bring out another expansion pack so that you'll spend hours building your Sim's business or buying them a vacation home or sending them off to college and on and on and on. I'm pathetically excited about the kitchen and bath stuff pack that's coming out and will likely end up playing hours of the Sims once again so that I can redo their kitchens and baths. :p

And that's why that game gets a place in my top ten!

Not quite as advanced as The Sims 2, but my little brother had one of these in 1985: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Computer_People

Talk about addictive. I think the session count went into the hundreds... :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I see a lot of the old games being mentioned here. How often do you play those?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I see a lot of the old games being mentioned here. How often do you play those?

Often enough, courtesy of Vice and WinUAE :thumbsup:

Sadly, the original old boxes, manuals and floppies are starting to show their age now :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein