Your Top Ten Games

Man, that's a tough call. Like picking your favorite children. So in no particular order:

Psychonauts

Quest for Glory 4

Fallout

Arcanum

Torment

Bloodlines

Grim Fandango

KotOR 2

Monkey Island 2

Civilization 4

EDIT: Looks like I forgot how to count. Added Civ 4 to the list.

Edited by H
20795.jpg

I can see you are a man who enjoys variety in his life.

It was really a tough decision. If this was my top twenty games, then my ten copies of Mass Effect could have made the list.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

In no particular order:

2 Pokemon Red Versions

3 Pokemon Blue Versions

2 Pokemon Yellow Versions

2 Pokemon Gold Versions

1 Pokemon Silver version

what, no Crystal?

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

In order of recollection (which might be vaguely correlated with the impact each of these games had on me):

1. Ninja Gaiden: Black
  2. Half Life
  3. Diablo
  4. KotOR
  5. KotOR-II
  6. Portal
  7. No One Lives Forever 2
  8. CnC Generals Zero Hour
  9. Guild Wars
  10. NFS Porsche Unleashed

Hummm... This is hard...

I guess this would be my list in no particular order:

Baldur's Gate w/ Tales of the Sword Coast

Baldur's Gate 2 w/ Throne of Bhaal

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Neverwinter Nights 2 w/ Mask of the Betrayer

Neverwinter Nights I w/ expansions and community modules

Fallout 2

Portal

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion w/ mods

Half Life 2

Sins of a Solar Empire

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

The Witcher

The Witcher

The Witcher

The Witcher

Fallout

Fallout

Age of Decadence

Age of Decadence

The Witcher

The Witcher

Because I'm serious about gaming.

Id like to play the witcher, but im waiting till its finished. I have not played fallout yet... Is that bad? :)

I need to play Planescape torment and fallout i hear.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I need to play Planescape torment and fallout i hear.

Yes :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Planescape: Torment - Haven't found a game that can dethrone this one yet.

Portal - This was a triumph. I'm making a note here: Huge success.

Halflife 2 - The boat. The car. Headshots with a shotgun. Using sawblades and propane canisters with the gravity gun in Ravenholm. Alyx.

Halflife 2: Episode 2 - The car. The end fight. Hunters. Alyx.

Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Great characters and story. Bring on the TSLRP.

Icewind Dale + Expansions - Takes me back to the PnP gaming of my youth. Severed Hand was amazing.

Fallout/Fallout 2 - Post-apocalyptic goodness that I can't choose between, so tied.

Knights of the Old Republic: First taste of Star Wars as a RPG. Makes the top ten despite Carth Onasi.

Baldur's Gate 2 + Throne of Bhaal - The Underdark. The n00b adventurers. The stronghold sidequests. Sarevok. Umar Hills

No Mask of the Betrayer on my list, as I haven't played it yet. Judging from all the comments I've read about it from people here whose opinions I respect, I know it's a game I'll like. I just can't devote the kind of time that I know I'll want to, to playing it yet.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I'd have difficulty filling out 10.

XCOM

Jagged Alliance 2

System Shock

System Shock 2

Fallout

STALKER

Thief The Dark Project

Those are the standouts for me over the last 10 years or so for me.

There are a lot of other good games like Deus Ex and Master of Orion and Arcanum and Daggerfall just to name a few, but none of those can compare to these seven games.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

1) Final Fantasy Tactics - I want to label it somewhere around 2 or 3, but I've probably spent enough time playing it to put up higher.

2) Xenogears - Disc 2 sucked, but the story presented by it was quite incredible and dramatic.

3&4) Metal Gear Solid 2&3 - I'm including both here because I don't know which is 3 and which is 4. They both have significant faults that make it hard for me to figure out which I like more.

5) Suikoden II - Probably the most emotionally compelling take on a war story I've ever experienced. And the ultra bad ending was one of the first games to make me cry.

6) Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations - Fudge yeah!

7) Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - The original fudge yeah!

:) Final Fantasy VII - Screw you guys. Probably should be higher on my list, but it's been so long since I've played that I'm knocking it down a few points.

9) Xenosaga: Episode III - When I played it, I thought for a time that I was going to like it more than Xenogears. However, the hasty conclusion suffered similar faults as gears and was ultimately less dramatic and interesting.

10) FEAR - My favorite FPS for SHOOTAN. It's possible this will be surpassed with Resistance, but I need to give Resistance some more play before I make that decision.

Honorable mentions to Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, Legend of Dragoon, Counter-Strike, Team Fortress 2, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and Baldur's Gate II. All of which have been favorite games at previous points and are not included somewhere on this list simply because of whim.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Wow, it was hard to narrow down the choices, but here are some of my favs :) :

-Super Mario 64

-Castlevania Symphony of the Night

-Call of Duty 4

-Katamari Damacy

-Sonic the Hedgehog 2

-Nightmare Before Christmas Oogie's Revenge (I could wander around this game for hours just looking at the gorgeous art work! :))

-Pok

Because I feel like it:

Final Fantasy Tactics was a dumbed down Tactics Ogre.

Xenogears had no proper gameplay to speak of.

Suikoden II was an awful game, only considered good because it's usually to compared to the mind bogglingly bad Suikoden I.

Phoenix Wright is an Hentai game without sex scenes, and a similar standard of writing.

Final Fantasy VII had awful writing, a crap plot, crap characters, and crap gameplay, Also, like every other FF game, FF7 was hopelessly dull, repetitive and constantly threw superficial narrative drivel, deeply infused with a healthy dose of horrifying pretentiousness at the player's face.

F.E.A.R. spent the whole time trying to be scary and failing miserably.

Feel free to do something similar with my picks for best games.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'd have difficulty filling out 10.

XCOM

Jagged Alliance 2

System Shock

System Shock 2

Fallout

STALKER

Thief The Dark Project

Those are the standouts for me over the last 10 years or so for me.

There are a lot of other good games like Deus Ex and Master of Orion and Arcanum and Daggerfall just to name a few, but none of those can compare to these seven games.

You didn't have to tell us that, we all see the billboard in your signature

Final Fantasy VII had awful writing, a crap plot...

I just want to remind everyone that this comes from a guy who thinks The Sims 2 is a great RPG.. with a story you "write yourself". o:)

Anyhow, my top ten in no particular order (I wonder how many times I've done such a list..):

Wasteland: Post-apoc, great story, great world, great quests, great writing and great character development system. Has aged badly.

Gothic: One of a kind. Horrible controls, linear halfway in, otherwise perfect (for me).

Gothic 2: Better controls, LOTS of non-linearity but weaker story. Even more perfect (for me).

Deus Ex: Absolutely fantastic. Imagine if the levels hadn't (occasionally) felt like shoeboxes?! It would have been the ultimate game.

GTA: San Andreas: A beautiful, gigantic world where the fun (and violence) never ends. If only it wasn't so 'forgetful' (turn around, burning wreck is gone) it would be the best game ever. Probably.

Fallout 2: I hate the camera angle and the sometimes sleep inducing combat, but the writing, the humour and the world (and all that's in it) are fantastic.

Ultima IV: A game where your choices and the way you play really matters. One of few. Also aged badly.

Daggerfall: So many flaws, I know, but it's also one of (if not THE) most atmospheric games I've ever played. I've never felt so free in a game as I did in Daggerfall.

Uh.. My mind went blank. I'll add two more later if I think of any.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's that time of the month again... o:)

In slightly chronological (if not entirely accurate) order:

Lords of Midnight

That and it's successor "Doomdarks Revenge" are for me the ultimate hybrid of free roaming exploration, role playing & wargame.

Forbidden Forest

The most athmospheric "Survival" type game I can remember. It is still the only game that can give me goose bumps when fighting it out with Demogorgon.

Elite

Give me a Cobra Mk III and the rest of the galaxy (galaxies) can take a hike.

Nato Commander

My first "real time with pause" strategy game from Microprose (released in 1983, I got a year later).

Ultima IV

The C64 version, mind you. Had way superior sound and music compared to the PC version. My second great experience into the world of crpgs (the first being Temple of Apshai by Epyx)

Mechforce

A Battlemech combat sim. An old shareware program by Ralph Reed and the best of it's kind. Combines roleplaying and tactical combat in a great way. The AI is still able to outwit me every now and then :blush10:

X-Com/UFO Enemy unknown

Got that one for my Amiga when it came out. Awesome squad combat game and enemies that felt like a real menace to humanity. Just listening to those sounds and screams in the dark, when civilians gets butchered...

Fallout

The game that made me retire my Amiga 4000 and join the world of PC gamers (I am such a sellout). Kind of ironic after having ridiculed PC gamers for years for being the source of all evil, dumbed down games and designs that caters for the lowest common denominators. Those PC owners should just lay down and die or buy real computers (Amigas) to use for gaming instead :rolleyes:

Planescape: Torment

I lliked the cover art. I had tried BG before, but didn't really like it. PS:T was love at first sight. It made me buy BG2 unseen when it came out and later I went back and revisited BG again (even completed it). No self respecting fantasy crpg should be without a hot girl with a tail (literally) :wub:

What can change the nature of a man?...

Jagged Alliance 2

Picks up the gauntlet from X-Com and in some ways beats it at it's own game. The kind of game that probably never will be again :sad:

I've probably forgotten some. Maybe the next list :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Baldur's Gate. Got me into cRPG's. I won't deny that nostalgia plays a big part here.

BG2

Fallout

Planescape: Torment

NHLPA '93. Ever seen Swingers? That explains all.

KotOR. It's probably inferior to K2 in terms of ambition, but I've started and finished this game more than any other RPG.

Jagged Alliance 2.

Tony LaRussa Baseball

Baseball Stars

Super Smash Bros. Best social game ever.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Hmm, I have a list as well, it's a bit boring and not in order, but since everyone else is doing the same...

Thief:The Dark Project, just sublime. Best art direction ever, best atmosphere, awesome gameplay and levels.

Thief:The Metal Age, Dark Project has a better campaign, but the sequel is more intuitive and has better fanmissions.

Rune, my all time fave action game.

Mafia, favorite game of the period and absolutely gripping narrative and characters

The Longest Journey, favorite adventure game ever

Icewind Dale 2, great tactical battles and a great adaptation of 3rd edition into Infinity Engine.

Final Fantasy 6, definitely the best FF

Legacy of Kain, the series, hard to pick favorites, but at least Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance, great exploration, gripping story.

Gothic 2: Night of the Raven, just an awesome rpg. The story is so-so, but the action and exploration are without peer.

Dawn of War, and of all the expansions: Dark Crusade

Honorable mentions:

Dungeon Keeper, Baldur's Gate 2(oh, so many hours spent), Seiken Densetsu 3, Dreamfall, STALKER, Thief: Deadly Shadows, Halo, Final Fantasy 10, Gothic 1, Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors(H-ARCHER RUSH!), Rome:Total War(mods! mods! mods!) and of course the ever-awesome Deus Ex!

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

...****

**** **** **** (how could I forget?)

Drop RA2 out and put Mafia 4th. PERFECT title if it wasn't for the racing missions and some guns (few pistols) are toys. I think weapon damage should've been increased, maybe that is moddable. Slaughter at the church and escape following it with hp 3/100 and all the cops after you... wow

1. PS:T

2. Fallout 2

3. Fallout 1

4. Mafia

5. SS2

6. NWN2: MotB

7. Deus Ex

8. BG2 SoA/ToB

9. Metal Gear Solid

10. Civ IV

Changed order of MGS and Civ IV just because. Also that list may encounter big changes soon

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)