Unarmed combat

Today let's discuss a hard topic

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

No boby be interested in unarmed combat? :lol:

In my opinion it's a valuable stuff for a 3D spy RPG........

Yes!Great!

THis is 007's job!

I will pray Obsidian have a large enough team on AP.

While I share Krezack's enthusiasm for CQB we differ in our desire for weapons for that type of fighting. Since our boy is a spy, I do not see him appropriating spiked gauntlets or katars; a push dagger definitely as that is something easily concealed on a person, same with a knuckle duster - never heard of it being used by any but the weakest of street hoods, but it would give a decided edge to our boy.

I'd like to see him use several different techniques based on what works best; for instance, Krav Maga is the latest craze so I expect there to be some sort of representation in the game, but since it IS a game, I'd like to see some of the more exciting styles like TKD or kung fu as well. Submission fighting is a given since he'll have been trained to neutralize a threat by any means, lethal or otherwise.

Wish they'd tell us more about the game.

No sig necessary.

I want to be able to grapple the enemy.

Grapple him right to the ground.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

While I share Krezack's enthusiasm for CQB we differ in our desire for weapons for that type of fighting. Since our boy is a spy, I do not see him appropriating spiked gauntlets or katars; a push dagger definitely as that is something easily concealed on a person, same with a knuckle duster - never heard of it being used by any but the weakest of street hoods, but it would give a decided edge to our boy.

Yeah well I don't see a spy running around with a rocket launcher or sub-machine gun, either, but I bet THOSE will be in the game!

Yeah well I don't see a spy running around with a rocket launcher or sub-machine gun, either, but I bet THOSE will be in the game!

Heh, you don't see spies at all, not if they're any good. I agree, RL has no place in any type of espionage situation unless there was a mission which called for a massive deception - create general confusion and chaos to effect the cause of something else entirely; but as an inventory weapon, I would think it out of place. SMG? I can see that being a necessary tool, especially if it were say, a MP5 with a silencer. Depends on the mission. I'm thinking loadout's going to be minimal, forcing you to have to adapt to certain situations and makeshift weapons on the fly...

No sig necessary.

I mean just grappling the biggest burliest henchman right to his knees.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Uhm.. this is a thread about unarmed combat, pixies. Not about revealing your personal sexual fantasies.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Uhm.. this is a thread about unarmed combat, pixies. Not about revealing your personal sexual fantasies.

If it's a sexual fantasy to be Sean Connery-era James Bond and grapple all of my enemies into submission, then I plead guilty as charged.

Guest The Architect

I like the grappling enemies into submission idea because it gives the player an opportunity to go about their missions in a "good" way rather than just the gory, violent way.

But would that translate into thrilling gameplay? Maybe for a little while, or maybe it could be an achievement (kill x amount of vics with monofilament wire) but for that to be all there is? It would not be fun for the long haul, IMHO.

In Hitman: Blood Money, killing dudes with a garrote was very satisfying but also potentially dangerous. It took longer to perform than other killing techniques (meaning it was more likely that you would be caught while doing it), but it left no blood and made no sound. Also, the garrote was effectively undetectable (IIRC), so you could take it into places where weapons weren't normally allowed. You could also smack guys in Blood Money and take their weapons, but overall the game wasn't oriented around melee.

If it's a sexual fantasy to be Sean Connery-era James Bond and grapple all of my enemies into submission, then I plead guilty as charged.

Yeah, theres nothing unusual about wanting to pin a big strong man to the floor, to feel your hot breath against the back of his neck.....

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

But would that translate into thrilling gameplay? Maybe for a little while, or maybe it could be an achievement (kill x amount of vics with monofilament wire) but for that to be all there is? It would not be fun for the long haul, IMHO.
Here's hoping that the game won't encourage you to be a mass murderer. The less people I can kill to accomplish a game goal, the better for me. Stealth is a spy's #1 weapon.

Kill counts, as well as any bonuses associated with them, need to be implemented very carefully, if at all. Otherwise they detract from immersion and serve only to imprint a feel of "arcade-ness" that doesn't fit in an RPG. They also tend to skew game balance towards unrealism.

I certainly am not watching this game for its potential to deliver several delectable ways to murder goons with your bare hands or a sharp object. But that's just me...

In Hitman: Blood Money, killing dudes with a garrote was very satisfying but also potentially dangerous. It took longer to perform than other killing techniques (meaning it was more likely that you would be caught while doing it), but it left no blood and made no sound. Also, the garrote was effectively undetectable (IIRC), so you could take it into places where weapons weren't normally allowed. You could also smack guys in Blood Money and take their weapons, but overall the game wasn't oriented around melee.

Yep, the fiber wire was undetectable. And given the AI model of the game, using it was pretty much the most reliable way to get a rating of SA.

Funny, that. A game that featured a boatload of weapons (as well as limited customization options), and at the same time discouraged making use of them.

The concealable weapons were fine, but it never made any sense to have customizable non-concealable weapons. You'd start the game with a shotgun and someone would see you and then the mission would become significantly harder. The SMG and Silverballers were always good, though.

But then, I never cared about getting SA scores.

Hi,Sawyer~Please give us some new information about AP. We are thirst for it. :grin:

Here's hoping that the game won't encourage you to be a mass murderer. The less people I can kill to accomplish a game goal, the better for me. Stealth is a spy's #1 weapon.

Kill counts, as well as any bonuses associated with them, need to be implemented very carefully, if at all. Otherwise they detract from immersion and serve only to imprint a feel of "arcade-ness" that doesn't fit in an RPG. They also tend to skew game balance towards unrealism.

Very much agree. I made a thread about this before somewhere, but I think you said it better than I ever did.