GI exclusive screenshots

Man, I love those 4-goggled freaks

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It does look excellent, doesn't it! The level of detail on the face in the second picture looks great to me (though I don't know how it compares with other recent games).

I don't think much of the decor in what I assume is a safe house? Lacks warmth. Maybe a nice rug would do. And what's he doing with his left hand in the museum picture?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Too much focus on combat in these pictures (for PR purposes, obviously). But the fourth picture looks good. I assume it's a picture of one of the apartments the main character can acquire?

I would love to see more of the world though. And vehicles, if there are any!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think they are pretty unremarkable. Sure they are generically "pretty", but what game isn't in this day and age. Did they steal the cryvision goggles from Farcry? That's the first thing I thought of there.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Is that the exact same apartment that Alex Denton had to break into in DX:IW? Sure looks like it. Lead Developers are going to have to start bring in some interior designers to help them remove the blah from their interiors.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Is that the exact same apartment that Alex Denton had to break into in DX:IW? Sure looks like it. Lead Developers are going to have to start bring in some interior designers to help them remove the blah from their interiors.

You're referencing stuff like the glass staircase? No it isn't the exact same but I would agree that they need to talk to interior designers and learn how to make interesting apartments.

Also these screenshots have my official aproval of awesomness.

Crates!

Indeed, it's good to see that Obsidian isn't a barrel sympathizer

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Looks like they could be in-game, and looks pretty good. I'm happy that they aren't out to break the graphics barrier anyway, easier on folks who can't afford powerhouse PCs.

And what's he doing with his left hand in the museum picture?

Getting ready to skull punch some mofo's.

I know its my imagination running away with me but that museum bears a strongish resemblace to The Art Institute of Chicago, 2nd floor. I also think Ive seen the IRL version of the sculpture in the far back of the two children suckling off the cow.

Edited by Gfted1

The screenshots himself look good to me, although nothing brilliant. However that's kind of what I expected as, first, it is being developed for consoles, and second, full dynamic lighting should not show the extent of its awesomeness through static images.

Also, one important thing these screenies remind of is whether the game will be set in real locations. Will it? I want to chase a target in front of Fontana di Trevi amidst the tourist crowd, for example.

P.S. McSneakers wears his watch like an idiot. Fix it!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Looks like they could be in-game, and looks pretty good. I'm happy that they aren't out to break the graphics barrier anyway, easier on folks who can't afford powerhouse PCs.

I agree. I am certainly hoping that is not their goal. ALl these next gen shooter, sction, rpgs all look "good", but so what. Its all very vanilla these days. Even though I didn;t like the art style in Bioshock, I give the devs of that game credit for being a little risky with their art approach. And it wasn't even that risky, just a little different. Next gen games seem to be severly lacking in zing these days. And when it seems like new games are just copping the licks of a little older games from five years ago, I find it more and more difficult to get exhilarated about them. Did I spell that right? Probably not.

Arg! Thats exactly what I thought about NwN 2, but NwN 2 might as well have broken the graphics barrier as it sure ran like it was an uber graphical monster on par with Crysis.

Never again will I look at a screenshot and say, 'Hey, the graphics don't look THAT amazing so it will probably run good on my PC!'. :thumbsup:

In picture #3 it looks like he's using the force with his left hand. 'You will NOT come look around this corner'.

Also, in the background of #3 it looks like the Romulus & Remus statue. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romulus_and_Remus

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

To find out what the monkeys are Eurogamer thinks of the new shots:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=130125

"Generic" seems to be the keyword. I don't quite get it myself.. Is the world we live in "generic"? Does a game have to have dragons and orcs for it not to be generic? The word I would choose to describe what I think Obsidian is going for is "realistic", but I guess that's not Xtreme enough for the Halo generation.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And what's he doing with his left hand in the museum picture?

Getting ready to skull punch some mofo's.

I know its my imagination running away with me but that museum bears a strongish resemblace to The Art Institute of Chicago, 2nd floor. I also think Ive seen the IRL version of the sculpture in the far back of the two children suckling off the cow.

hehe i totally read that wrong

on a serious note though, the museum pic looks pretty good (though what the hell is he doing with his left hand?)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

So I hope this means we get to choose what clothes he wears.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

So I hope this means we get to choose what clothes he wears.

You can change everything except the haircut and the sneakers :*

The pictures look Ok. I mean, what can you do short of cheating and add an Eiffel tower to the Canal Grande in Venezia?

As long as there are no elves and gnomes, I'll be happy :*

Some video clips of the in-game action and scenery would be nice.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's def better than generic.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.