KOTOR II Dialogue Files

I'm a newbie fanfic writer and I've been trying to find a way to download all the dialogue from TSL. I own the Xbox version so I don't have access to the dialogue files that come with the PC version. Its getting quite frustrating having to replay the game and write everything down by hand just to make sure I have it all! Does anyone know of a way to help me? I've downloaded a a TSL_TLK unzippable folder but I can't open the file in the folder as nothing on my comp will recognize it because its a .tlk file! Help!!

You can use Fred Tetra's KotOR Tool to open the dialog.tlk, but it's a bit... raw. I think you're better off getting the PC version and using that tool to browse through the modules and view the conversation trees that are of particular interest to you. Besides, you'll be able to play TSLRP when it comes out!

You can use Fred Tetra's KotOR Tool to open the dialog.tlk, but it's a bit... raw. I think you're better off getting the PC version and using that tool to browse through the modules and view the conversation trees that are of particular interest to you. Besides, you'll be able to play TSLRP when it comes out!

I wish I could but alas, all I have is my dinky little laptop and its not capable of handling that game...but thank you for the suggestion!

Also, if renamed *.wav to *.mp3 WINAMP will open them up.

Just be sure to do that with a copy and not the original file :thumbsup:

And .TLK files *can* be opened with just wordpad, just don't expect it to be very userfriendly.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Er, yes. That's assuming the Xbox version has the audio files readily available, which most likely, it doesn't.

Right. That was for if the person would buy the PC version. Which, seeing the latest post, probably won't happen anytime soon.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Assuming you under a windows system

Use TalkEd to read tlk files, you'll find it here.

And here's where you can find the tlk files themselves.

You'll probably need winrar to decompress them.

Ok thank you! Wow! That actually worked! I can now open the TLK files just fine but now my problem is trying to find the actual dialogue I'm looking for! I'm looking for stuff from Atton right now, but there are like 136320 intervals to go through so it might take me some time! Anyway, thank you everyone for helping me! =D

I can now open the TLK files just fine but now my problem is trying to find the actual dialogue I'm looking for! I'm looking for stuff from Atton right now
So search a line, one dialog usually has contiguous string references, that means that if you're looking for Atton, say the part when the Exile asks him why he plays pazaak in his head, pick one line:

like "I play pazaak in my head"

use TalkEd to open the Kotor2 dialog.tlk and find the line (Tools/Search)

you'll find it in line number 74724, that gets you the where you want to go.

show all lines around that one by using the text boxes under the menu bar to filter the lines.

you'll find that all lines by Atton which belong to that dialog are between 74705 and 74729.

i can robably remember all of his lines by heart :thumbsup:

yeah, hes one of my fav characters! I can remember what he says but I know I couldn't cite it word for word, so thats why i wanted to do this.

I think my fav line from him is when you are still on Peragus and you finally find some clothes to wear and he says (if you are a female) "Dammit! Uh