What a complete crock

I bought this game on release due to KOTOR, which although was clunky was a good game.

I have tried to play this game repeatedly since and have been unable to do so, have just reinstalled and repatched and pretty much the same as always.

There is no support for this game from anyone except a couple of posts in this forum, which is tantamount to changing a couple of ini files and reinstalling the game.

Its not my machine, I have 3 of them sitting under my desk, 1 dual core, 1 single core 64 bit and 1 single core 32 bit, all with 2.8 Gig processors and at least 2 gig of ram.

All have Gforce cards in them with the most up to date drivers, 2 are Nforce chipsets, one is a Via.

This is the only game I have ever had problems playing.

The graphics are choppy, with flickering on the options screen within the game, the movement buttons fail to work at random times and now I cant even get the damn thing to start.

Incidentally this is a brand new installation of XP so its not that either.

I guess I will just have to put this down to the quality of the developers on this one, but if anyone else has problems with this travesty then good luck getting some help cos you are gonna need it.

I bought this game on release due to KOTOR, which although was clunky was a good game.

I have tried to play this game repeatedly since and have been unable to do so, have just reinstalled and repatched and pretty much the same as always.

There is no support for this game from anyone except a couple of posts in this forum, which is tantamount to changing a couple of ini files and reinstalling the game.

Its not my machine, I have 3 of them sitting under my desk, 1 dual core, 1 single core 64 bit and 1 single core 32 bit, all with 2.8 Gig processors and at least 2 gig of ram.

All have Gforce cards in them with the most up to date drivers, 2 are Nforce chipsets, one is a Via.

This is the only game I have ever had problems playing.

The graphics are choppy, with flickering on the options screen within the game, the movement buttons fail to work at random times and now I cant even get the damn thing to start.

Incidentally this is a brand new installation of XP so its not that either.

I guess I will just have to put this down to the quality of the developers on this one, but if anyone else has problems with this travesty then good luck getting some help cos you are gonna need it.

and remember when playing an rpg it is NEVER about the graphics, the story is all that matters remember when all there was was P&P (i don't because i wasnb;t alive but still) ssomtimes i wish id been born 5 years earlier.

I sympathise with the frustrations of getting games to work on the PC sometimes, but you can hardly expect fans of the game (as most of us are) to feel inclined to help after such a post. Please do re-post focusing on your questions, and we'll do our best to help. :lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I could help you, but I wont until you ask in a more polite manner.

I sympathise with the frustrations of getting games to work on the PC sometimes, but you can hardly expect fans of the game (as most of us are) to feel inclined to help after such a post. Please do re-post focusing on your questions, and we'll do our best to help. :devil:

You guys crack me up!!! Thanks for making me laugh so early this morning :devil:

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

You bought this game on release, had problems with it and instead of asking for help then, decided to shelve it for three years before coming back, not for aid, but just to complain? :devil:

i only got the game in august of 06, somehow i feel like i missed something

You bought this game on release, had problems with it and instead of asking for help then, decided to shelve it for three years before coming back, not for aid, but just to complain? :devil:

Does it really matter when I bought the game or what I do with it after that, I periodically try to update it to see if there are any patches that resolve the issues.

I was kinda hoping that there would be something solid that I could find, error logs in the install folders, maybe some entries in eventviewer but nothing and its infuriating, probably exaccerbated more by the fact that I was actually able to play the game for a while last nite until it decided to fall over again, which is what prompted the outburst earlier and if I offended anyone then I am sorry that wasnt my intention, I just vented.

My problems are the following

movement suddenly stops for no apparent reason, although other keys work, I found that I could save the game at that point and restart it and it would behave for a while longer, which at least allowed me to get some of the way thru the game itself.

The one I havent found a way around is the point where I had to give up, which where I have finally got into the space suit at the mining facility and walked along a bit, past the little cut scene with the guy who was in the detention tube thing.

If I remember rightly to get to the dorms u have to start going down again on the walkway and it turns thru 90 degrees and continues downwards.

This is the one I cant get past at all, suddenly Im floating unable to move except to spin on an axis, the one time I have been able to move the movement is manic and uncontrolable and I ended up all the way back at the other end of the walkway again.

It would be nice to see that there was some logging somewhere but I cant find anything at all I have updated the drivers from nvidia for both graphics and chipset to the M$ certified ones, dont really want to use the others on there if I can help it.

I have attached a dxdiag, I am pretty sure everything is up to date driverwise etc but if anyone can see a problem in there then I would appreciate it.

DxDiag.txt

You bought this game on release, had problems with it and instead of asking for help then, decided to shelve it for three years before coming back, not for aid, but just to complain? :shifty:

Does it really matter when I bought the game or what I do with it after that, I periodically try to update it to see if there are any patches that resolve the issues.

I was kinda hoping that there would be something solid that I could find, error logs in the install folders, maybe some entries in eventviewer but nothing and its infuriating, probably exaccerbated more by the fact that I was actually able to play the game for a while last nite until it decided to fall over again, which is what prompted the outburst earlier and if I offended anyone then I am sorry that wasnt my intention, I just vented.

movement suddenly stops for no apparent reason, although other keys work, I found that I could save the game at that point and restart it and it would behave for a while longer, which at least allowed me to get some of the way thru the game itself.

The one I havent found a way around is the point where I had to give up, which where I have finally got into the space suit at the mining facility and walked along a bit, past the little cut scene with the guy who was in the detention tube thing.

If I remember rightly to get to the dorms u have to start going down again on the walkway and it turns thru 90 degrees and continues downwards.

This is the one I cant get past at all, suddenly Im floating unable to move except to spin on an axis, the one time I have been able to move the movement is manic and uncontrolable and I ended up all the way back at the other end of the walkway again.

It would be nice to see that there was some logging somewhere but I cant find anything at all I have updated the drivers from nvidia for both graphics and chipset to the M$ certified ones, dont really want to use the others on there if I can help it.

I have attached a dxdiag, I am pretty sure everything is up to date driverwise etc but if anyone can see a problem in there then I would appreciate it.

try lowering your screen resolution, blobby but smoother graphics also how good is your power scource cause that will effect the maxiumum graphics-speed ratio that you can run

You bought this game on release, had problems with it and instead of asking for help then, decided to shelve it for three years before coming back, not for aid, but just to complain? :lol:

try lowering your screen resolution, blobby but smoother graphics also how good is your power scource cause that will effect the maxiumum graphics-speed ratio that you can run

Have tried right the way down to 800x600 I think the lowest is :( still doesnt make any difference

I'm glad you came back. :lol:

Here's something you could try: right-click somewhere on your desktop and select "nVidia Control Panel". Make sure to have the view options set to "advanced". Open up the "3D settings" for that specific game. Scroll down through your options and find "Extension Limit". Make sure this is turned off. It wasn't specifically for your problem but a few errors we've heard of seem to be related to it.

My main suggestion is to try different graphics drivers. It's something I find quite annoying, but the latest drivers aren't necessarily the best. Try installing the previous version, and if that doesn't work, try installing the latest beta drivers instead. Let us know if anything works.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

First thing you should try is to install this hotfix from Microsoft. KotOR2 doesn't like dual core processors and has been know to act up in such cases. Let us know if that helps. :ermm:

EDIT: Also, if that doesn't help, try enabling V-sync.

Edited by Deraldin

This might seem like a stupid question, but are you sure you did not pause the game? I am not implying that you are stupid, but that would be the most obvious answer.

Try un-upgrading, as I often find that older games do not like the newer drivers - although the more resent games often do.

Try running Kot0R II on only one of your cores, that might fix the game.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Also alot of issues with smoke effects (and Dantooine/JJT) are solved with the "Disable Vertex Buffer Shader =1" addition to the ini.

And as you might have found out there is ALOT of smoke on Peragus

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 3 weeks later...

OK Have just downloaded and installed that patch and in good old M$ tradition it wants to reboot :/

Once I have done this I will do thru the other options and see what happens.

Thanks for the ideas guys