BREAKING NEWS: DAWN OF WAR 2 DETAILS

Llyranor

So this means base building will have minimal role?

Each Squad leader = Hero?

What's the use of capturing resources if we have limited units?

So it plays more like the Total War series?

How do we calculate vehicles in the factor of squads?

Will we get bikes this time?

Will we get Space Wolves this time? (Nothing beats a merry drunk marines)

They're extinct. Though now that you mention it they would fit well with the tyranids.

Dude. Joke.

But it would be nice if GW would re-release them. Fluff be damned, it just doesn't feel like warhammer without dwarves.

I'm elated that there's no space dwarves, I mean c'mon, Eldar are ridiculous as it is and there's space undead and space vampires. I don't think there's a need for a race whose distinguishing features are drunken revelry and being short.

If you add "Dude. Joke", I'll have to digest your face.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Don't make promises you've no intention of keeping. I've been hurt before :'(

The squats sounded pretty fun. Powerful but slow/stationary weaponry back up by fast attack vehicles like bikes and cars. Their niche has been filled by other races now but on a personal level (and yeah fair enough if you don't agree) I'd like them brought back for the sake of nostalgia.

I iiked the Squats. The entire "Biker Gang" look, complete with bikes and trikes was hilarious. Besides, the Thudd gun and Mole Mortars were aweseome :sad:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

There was this idea of adding them(or Demiurgs rather) as a Tau auxiliary, but I don't know if that will come to fruition.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Yeah, I haven't really dabbled in that. My friend is a huge fan though and raves about features and fluff that should be in WH40k tabletop as well.

kirottu said:

Site up: DoW2 website There is sound in it, in case it is relevant. Also I think the screenshots are new (and awesome), it seems quite obvious that it is essence 2.0 and not a completely different engine.

Also: News release

In addition, THQ is pleased to announce that gamers purchasing copies of the recently released Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® - Soulstorm will be able to participate in an invitation-only multiplayer beta program for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II set to take place at a future date.

Trouble selling them perhaps?

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I'm so hyped by this game, that it's just silly. I reckon DoW 2 will finally be the game that I will buy a computer for.

They better continue with DoW 1 characters. I have seriously had enough of Gorgutz and all the Imperial commanders so far have been but poor imitations of Angelos. Granted, no other commander in the series has been given that much character development time. I could actually identify with characters in a silly machofantasy rts, it was uncanny. And that is just the reason I want there to be some closure. Not to mention, an Eldar-sympathizing(though against his will) nigh-rogue Imperial commander is a lot more interesting than a new blank slate one.

kirottu said:

They better continue with DoW 1 characters.

Did you watch the teaser trailer? I have very little to base this on (he uses a hammer) but it could be like... a hint.

Also I laughed.

"They

kirottu said:

Looks very cool, and I think I'm gonna get it. I bought the original DOW years after it's initial release and was pleasently suprised. CoH was very good too, so I think Relic's a company I better keep an eye on in future.

Oy, my shiny new Core 2 Quad will hopefully be able to run it! Har har nhar!

Edited by Morgoth

Just blowing my own horn:

They better continue with DoW 1 characters.
Did you watch the teaser trailer? I have very little to base this on (he uses a hammer) but it could be like... a hint.

Also in case you guys didn't notice I posted the DoW2 site further up (which has the teaser trailer and music and 3 screeenshots).

But I do agree with Nick that the glove fits a little too well to have major doubts.

Edited by Moatilliatta

FOR THE EMPEROR.

Just saw some scans of a PCGamer article on DoW2:

The space marines will find themselves in situations where only direct deployment of the powerful leader characters will deliver success "Kinda like '300'," says Ebert, referencing the film of the famed Spartan last stand "Except Space Marines are so badass it's called '30'.

This Relic guy has the right mindset. :p

It also mentions wargear as being droppable and pickupable, as well as drop pods being able to smash infantry that it lands on.

Otherwise it is mostly just DoW2 will have a lot of CoH features.

Also:

The entire game will be playable in co-op mode

:wub: We technically already knew that but it can't be mentioned enough.

I seriously can't wait for this game.