I-64 Shooting Investigation

Last night, well, I guess that, technically, it would be early this morning, several occupied vehicles on Interstate 64 were fired upon by one or more unknown persons. Normally I would not get too upset about this sort of thing, I mean, no one was seriously injured, but in this case the actual event was fairly close to where I live

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

How strange. How much CCTV coverage is there in the area? Is it likely their faces will have been caught on camera?

Virtually none. The highway runs mostly through woodlands and farm fields.

How strange. How much CCTV coverage is there in the area? Is it likely their faces will have been caught on camera?

Almost no coverage, sadly. Although the DMV site might have had some monitoring.

Your classes weren't called off? ;)

The elementary, middle, and high schools were closed - but the colleges remained open.

Well, be safe.

Thanks.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Fething lone snipers. Read "How to Kill" by Kris Hollington. Awesome insight into the phenomenon, along with groovy debunking of famous assassinations.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Per FOX, one arrest has been made, but the police suspect that there were multiple gunmen.

Apparently, Steve's comment on surveillance video was prescient-- this idiot parked his very-conspicuous car (a Gremlin!) in a bank parking lot.

Yeah, a bright orange Gremlin is kind of conspicuous. Another two people have been arrested in connection with the shootings, one of whom is recovering in a guarded UVA hospital room after he, or she, pulled a gun on the SWAT team sent to present the warrant. Two of the individuals are under twenty-one (nineteen and sixteen), and the police and FBI are now looking at older, unsolved shootings to see if the weapon matches the one used.

-Hurlshot

Erm... not to be obvious but these guys chose to spend their free time shooting people for no reason. I think that qualifies as stupid right there. what kind of car they drive is just icing on the cake.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.