The PS3 Thread of Butterflies and Lollipops!

Llyranor

There's nothing wrong with manly games for manly men. The comradeship, the sweat, the honor, and shooting their load of....bullets at each other.

Yeah, that's right. Shooting bullets against each other, in a very heterosexual way, mind you.

How's Killzone doing? All i see is a lot of hype. But no demo.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It looks like FFXIII is going to be an all female storyline while Versus is going to be all male. (Notice that in XIII all the main characters are female while in Versus it's all Men with the antagonists being female)

It also looks like the tech has jumped back up to where it was in Midgar and FFVIII rather than in X and XII

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 3 weeks later...

Traitor.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Your mother is more manly than you.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

• 1 month later...
It looks like FFXIII is going to be an all female storyline while Versus is going to be all male. (Notice that in XIII all the main characters are female while in Versus it's all Men with the antagonists being female)

It also looks like the tech has jumped back up to where it was in Midgar and FFVIII rather than in X and XII

New trailers showed that you will have also male characters in Final Fantasy XIII.

English trailer

http://www.finalfantasy13game.com/

and Japanese in higher res but without subtitles ;)

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/ff13/

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

So, how's Killzone 2-demo?

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I actually played that tonite. It was very pretty and smooth, but I thought it was damn difficult. I died trying to blow up a bridge, I died trying to defend a guy who was supposed to open a door, I died everywhere. But for my cousin who actually owns the PS3 and loved Halo, I think it's a perfect match.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I actually played that tonite. It was very pretty and smooth, but I thought it was damn difficult. I died trying to blow up a bridge, I died trying to defend a guy who was supposed to open a door, I died everywhere. But for my cousin who actually owns the PS3 and loved Halo, I think it's a perfect match.

From what I've heard the biggest gripe is that you always have AI teammates but you can't pull in a player to make things ZIP along.

That reminds me I should really finish Resistance 2.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, it looks and plays like a FPS. I'm not sure how else I should describe it. I didn't like the controls so much, but I didn't try customizing them to my liking, either; they're fine, really. In terms of design, from what extremely limited experience I could have had from the demo, things look a bit too 'static'. There are explosions going on, but it seems everything and everyone is waiting on YOU and only YOU to proceed and do your thing in order for the world to keep moving. It doesn't a great great job of maintaining the illusion of a big war going on around you, but that's just judging from a 5-10min demo.

I do quite like the implementation of the first-person cover system. As you crouch, you 'stick' yourself to surfaces, and you can move along them, pop above them, or peak sideways.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I might get a PS3 (if only for the blu-ray for the new HDTV), but this is definitly the first game I'm checking out.

Unless Team Ico announces something. In which case I will buy a PS3 without any other reason.