The PS3 Thread of Butterflies and Lollipops!

Llyranor

Since Tale couldn't find a thread to claim as his own, I decided to give him a head's start! In this thread, all PS3 owners unite and speak about their fun gaming experiences. They could also hook up and play online games together, for free! Hahahahahahahaahahhaha!

The PS3 deserves a thread. I mean, even the Wii has one!

What do you think, Warhawk guy?

warhawk.gifps3.gifwarhawk.gif

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'm saving the flag planting for the Nintendo DS or Ace Attorney thread.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I borrowed my friends PS3 and played Uncharted on it. The controller should have a rumble function because its much more fun in shooters(although Halo3 had horrible rumbling.. it just went off all the time for no reason)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I never cared for rumble. Actually, when playing Lost Odyssey on the Xbox 360, it's borderline annoying.

But this is the PS3 thread, so no matter. Currently, i am playing Guitar Hero III every now and then. Still waiting for a decent jRPG for it (White Knight, Last Remnant, Final Fantasy XIII, where art thou?).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I never cared for rumble. Actually, when playing Lost Odyssey on the Xbox 360, it's borderline annoying.

But this is the PS3 thread, so no matter. Currently, i am playing Guitar Hero III every now and then. Still waiting for a decent jRPG for it (White Knight, Last Remnant, Final Fantasy XIII, where art thou?).

Last Remnant? I thought you said "decent." yuk yuk yuk

White Knight is scheduled for this year and hopefully the Eternal Sonata port comes stateside. I should look up what new features that port has. I'm hoping WKC is better than Rogue Galaxy. I found Rogue Galaxy to be good, but it wasn't too exciting.

Tale is too busy playing his PSP, which had games, good ones.

I've actually got a PSP game in the mail.

Edited by Tale

My brother-in-law-to-be bought a PS3 last week. While visiting over there this past weekend, he and I played a round of the new MLB game. It was fun, but I lack a certain frame of reference for judging this kind of game, since the only post-NES baseball game I've played is Wii Sports. (His Diamondbacks defeated my Phillies 6-5 in the 12th inning. I think I left my reliever out there an inning or so too long.)

Edited by Enoch

I've actually got a PSP game in the mail.

Yeah, I was in a game shop today, and there were games in there, for the PSP!

Amazon.com and USPS are unpredictable. Sometimes it'll take 2 days to get from Dallas to my house (an hour drive). Sometimes, it'll be on my doorstep the day after they ship it out of the Amazon.com warehouse. Like Crisis Core which is waiting on my doorstep.

Edited by Tale

GT5 was prologue was sold out at my local supermarket, and only 3 bundles left of the GT5 version of the PS3. What gives? Anyone here tried it out? Worth 39

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

GT5 was prologue was sold out at my local supermarket, and only 3 bundles left of the GT5 version of the PS3. What gives? Anyone here tried it out? Worth 39

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

• 5 months later...

I'd be jealous if I was nine year old.

... I kid, I kid. Looks like fun.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It's a platformer where users can create their own levels. Basically a very customisanle platformer.

In any case it's just way too cute for its own good.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yeah, it's mainly a platformer. It's very physics-based. Cool things about it are 4p co-op and a seemingly powerful yet simple-to-use toolset, allowing for pretty creative stuff. Even more awesome is that the toolset itself is co-op as well, so it has potential to be very sandbox-y. It's trying to emphasize community content by making it very accessible, kind of like Youtube. Basically, finding community levels is very easy. People are way overhyping it, but that doesn't necessarily mean the game itself won't be fun in and of itself.

So far, I've played very little. Basically, just the tutorial and one 'real' mission. The one mission was pretty cool, actually, so I think the game's actual 50 levels have potential. The controls are a tad bit floaty and don't compare to Mario. I'd have to play some more because I can determine whether that'd be a problem, or whether I'd just get used to it and not care. Haven't delved into the toolset yet, just gone through a few tutorials for it.

I played a couple of community levels. Some are pretty cool. This was a simple yet fun one http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=n1lLCv2ZMDQ . This one looks pretty creative http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=esKMmuGvF0k ; while the platforming itself isn't anything special, the one level takes place inside a giant walking colossus, which is a pretty neat idea. The promising thing is that all these custom levels have been done in so little time.

Hadescopy.jpg

This thread lives again!

I'm in the LittleBigPlanet beta ^_____^

And I work with one of the guys who did some graphics code for LBP... Your point?

Edit: I think everyone the industry in and around Guildford is very excited about LBP, it's just the whole proof that a small dev can make and ship a potentially massive game. Proof that huge budgets don't make a good game.

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

This thread lives again!

I'm in the LittleBigPlanet beta ^_____^

And I work with one of the guys who did some graphics code for LBP... Your point?

^Show-off.

Tell us about the game instead :sorcerer:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I mean, the game will be good, but the Bioshock/GTA4 level of hype will make it a disappointment for some, though that'll be their own fault. The savior status it's been given by PS3 fanpeople is kind of sad, really.

Hadescopy.jpg