Biggest nonsense you've ever seen from a game.

Tale

Historical head-slapping moments in video game history:

The decision to make Fallout 3D (Bethesda)

Nothing wrong with making it 3D. Making it 2d nowadays would ensure that it would sell 9 copies or be relegated to XBOX Live Arcade.

Making it first person was the bad decision.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Sieges are supposed to be difficult, of course, but even with gunpowder units v. archery defenders the defenders might still be thought to possess an advantage in a fortified city (though a 95% chance of success against units with 10 greater power seems a tad extreme). Civ4 allowed you to use siege units (trebuchets, cannons, etc.) to progressively eliminate that advantage. Get 5 cannon units together at the same time and they'll reduce the city defense bonus by at least 60% per round.

Edited by Pop

Unkillable characters. To name a few games that have this; both Kotors, Bloodlines (werewolf :thumbsup: ) and probably many more. Regarding Kotor what better way to earn darkside points that go around and kill civilians. To combat that the developers could spawn, in that area, uber powerful police, guards after you. The unkillable werewolf in Bloodlines was stupid. You can kill the Sheriff, Ming Zao and other far more powerful enemies but not a werewolf?

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Unkillable characters. To name a few games that have this; both Kotors, Bloodlines (werewolf :thumbsup: ) and probably many more. Regarding Kotor what better way to earn darkside points that go around and kill civilians. To combat that the developers could spawn, in that area, uber powerful police, guards after you. The unkillable werewolf in Bloodlines was stupid. You can kill the Sheriff, Ming Zao and other far more powerful enemies but not a werewolf?

You can kill the Werewolf. Just not in a fair fight, which is how it's supposed to be in the first place.

Historical head-slapping moments in video game history:

The decision to make Fallout 3D (Bethesda)

Nothing wrong with making it 3D. Making it 2d nowadays would ensure that it would sell 9 copies or be relegated to XBOX Live Arcade.

Making it first person was the bad decision.

You missed my point: a third fallout game should never be made at all, isometric or 3D. BIS was only making FO3 because IPLY was forcing them to.

True about 3D though - I suppose I'd be less malevolent towards the game were it designed purely for third person.

Aliens vs Predator 2: The Smart Gun. A gun that automatically aims at your enemies? How can you balance that? You can't. That's why they ended up making it so weak that it was completely useless.

I agree with making Worms 3D. A bad descision if there ever was one.

The WarWind games were pretty bad offenders. Upgrading every unit individually? A right clicking system ala Windows in an RTS? Also, in WarWind 2 especially, you had to find civillians of your particular race or faction on the map and hire them before you could train them into useful units.

Aliens vs Predator 2: The Smart Gun. A gun that automatically aims at your enemies? How can you balance that? You can't. That's why they ended up making it so weak that it was completely useless.

I thought it was pretty effective against massed drones, have we played the same game?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Obvious, much? I think everyone knows it's killable.

They're just annoyed that previous combat experience amounts to nothing in the encounter.

I'm not sure how I feel about it myself, my cd 1 got scratched when I was about to enter Society of Leopold, heh.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I thought it was pretty effective against massed drones, have we played the same game?

Well, I don't know about you guys but when I played online, people playing Xenomorphs were smart enough not to bunch up or all attack from the same side to counter that.

Well, duh.

kirottu said:

:)

Obvious, much? I think everyone knows it's killable.

They're just annoyed that previous combat experience amounts to nothing in the encounter.

I'm not sure how I feel about it myself, my cd 1 got scratched when I was about to enter Society of Leopold, heh.

This reminds me I still haven't got my copy. Because there's none left. And no, I'm not going to get one from Steam *sigh*

I hate it when companies go down

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Thing is I want CD and the box :sad:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Thing is I want CD and the box :sad:

Go to Citymarket or Prisma. I found my copy 6 months ago for 9,90

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

... you better be ****ing kiddin' me. Seriously, I've never seen it anywhere (esp. in game stores) and I've pretty much scoured all of the internets except for ebay and such (cuz' I don't think registering is worth one shopping)

Edited by Xard

Mass Effect's piss poor planetary side quests. :shifty:

Its annoying that there was like 50 of them, but only 2 or 3 were any good. I would have been much more satisfied if there had been like 20 and 10 of them were good.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels. Was amazingly hard and frustrating, while still somehow being fun and entertaining. It's simply wrong.

Oblivion. Level up system and the set level for enemies was gay, and it was REALLY gay when your allies died in one hit once you were like level 20, and doing a quest.

Medieval 2: Total War. Too repetitive. Not enough variety. I assassinated the popes 12 times in a row. Pick me next time, you jerks. I only won the vote when I had three cardinals.

That mage outside of the Friendly Arm Inn wasn't too hard...only had to reload 10-20 times, o.o but I suppose that's because I was playing on second hardest difficulty with the Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod. :S

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

-Any game that doesn't allow you to save, relying on checkpoints, features a difficult section that after losing forces you to go through a long unskipable cutscene over and over again every time you die like gamer purgatory.

-Timed button mashing sequences. Resident Evil 4, despite it's sheer awesomeness had some god awful 'pound on your keyboard till you have carpal tunnel' moments. Even worse you had to pound certain buttons faster depending on difficulty level. I chose 'hard' mode so I would have to face more enemies with less ammo for the challenge... NOT so I had to pound a key even faster to escape a boulder. The port didn't even tell you the proper key to press, instead showing the controller equivelant key to press instead of what button on your keyboard you had to press... 'Tap X' might actually mean 'Tap Spacebar'. People like to hate EA Games... but my 'evil corporation of malice' is Ubisoft for an insulting port job of an otherwise amazing game. Tomb Raider Anniversery also featured some timed sequences, but they were far more forgiving and featured save points during these events.

-Poor hit detection. Nothing is more frustrating than leaning around a tree in a FPS game to fire a rocket and blowing yourself up because the 'hitbox' of the tree actually extends farther than it looks.

-'Match the tone' music challenges/quests. Anyone remember the Piano Tone puzzle in Myst to get the rocket ship going? NwN 2 featured an even more annoying tone sidequest in the Blacklake District, but atleast it was a SIDEQUEST with a few optional ways of completing it... like setting Cane on fire. :thumbsup: That old Myst puzzle was insanity for a tone deaf like me.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Oh yeah, rubber-band AI in racing games!! That's something that can make me throw the controller (I always play racing games on consoles) through the TV!

When I make a huge mistake in a racing game, so much so that I get stuck in a fence for like a minute or so, and then return to the track only to find that the other cars have stopped and waited for me.. talk about immersion killer! And not to mention when you've done a completely perfect race, you've beaten the track record by several seconds.. and then you're passed on the finish line by a GROUP of cars rubber-banding behind you.. Everyone beating the old records just because YOU did it.. Holy crap, I get angry just writing about it. :thumbsup:>_<:bat:

I hate runner band AI. I simply cannot understand the logic behind it.

Among other things, "catch-up" in career mode was what made me move away from the Need For Speed series for good. That franchise hit its high point with Porsche Unleashed, it's been downhill since then. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any other driving game that captures the balance between arcade and simulation physics as well as Porsche did. The exotic locations in all the old NFS games were awesome too. I'm not a big fan of the open-city stuff.

... you better be ****ing kiddin' me. Seriously, I've never seen it anywhere (esp. in game stores) and I've pretty much scoured all of the internets except for ebay and such (cuz' I don't think registering is worth one shopping)

Same here (Holland). Found one little less than a year ago for 7.50, did the store lose Disc 3... *sigh*

Then I found a second copy past September... they asked $45 STILL. Ugh.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee