Biggest nonsense you've ever seen from a game.

Tale

Doom 3 darkness, flashlight excuse.

Stupid design decision ever and the stupidity gets carried over to its expansion pack when they have the chance to redeem themselves.

Doom 3 is the only game that I have quit in under thirty minutes, I still can't believe how much iD screwed that one up.

I thought D3 was entertaining, especially w/ the flashlight mod of course :lol:

I liked finding all the random PDA messages laying around.

What i hated about the game were the spawns. They came out from the stupidest places and only knew one method of attack.

The Expansion was horrible. I played that for 10 minutes then left it until i uninstalled the game.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

How about taking the unreal out of unreal tournament 3.

I hated that they took out the jump dodge, lighting gun in favor of the sniper rifle (like every other game has) And the shield gun for something that is less evolved. Last but not least, the settings menu was dumbified. Not to mention it was not even finished. They totally flopped UT3.

Edited by WITHTEETH

Myspace Website!

My rig

The Expansion was horrible. I played that for 10 minutes then left it until i uninstalled the game.

The expansion was pure fanservice. It was basically everything people said they wanted thrown into a game. You've got old models people wanted to see, new monsters, the double barelled shotgun, bullet time, and a gravity gun knock off.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

UT3 was good for anyone who was clever enough to see that both 2003 and 2004 were huge failures compared to the original UT, UT3 is the closest Epic has gotten to the old and still good feel.

Are you currently playing the original UT?

Myspace Website!

My rig

I agree that the pure deathmatch elements of UT2k3/2k4 deviated too far from the original (brilliant) UT, but i'm not sure that the mentioned changes in UT3 are a good thing.

Then again, I havn't played it yet.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

UT3 was good for anyone who was clever enough to see that both 2003 and 2004 were huge failures compared to the original UT, UT3 is the closest Epic has gotten to the old and still good feel.

Are you currently playing the original UT?

No, should I? I play UT3 since it is closer to what I like, while still being new.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

On the other hand, such decisions can make great atmosphere. Just check Penumbra: Black Plague. Awsome realistic flashlight effect that just fits :)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

On the other hand, such decisions can make great atmosphere. Just check Penumbra: Black Plague. Awsome realistic flashlight effect that just fits :)

I suppose the most nonsense from the doom three darkness was that it was a technologically advanced civilization that didn't try to duct tape the massive maglite to their friggen gun.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I found the most "nonsense" to be in Half-Life. I want to get into it, and I like the shooter format of it and all, but there are a lot of problems. I don't like the in game scripting at all, because I can barely hear what people say or figure out what is going on without a walkthrough. I'd much rather stick to cutscenes. Also, there is a ton of annoying puzzle type and box jumping crap in the game. Then there's the jarring sound of the game. It's so quiet but the alien voices are obnoxiously loud. Coupled with really ugly graphics (I know it's an old game, but I prefer the old 2D graphics to old 3D graphics) I find myself interested in the game every month or so, but am only able to finish half a level before I get sick of it.

Every Infinity Engine game and Neverwinter Nights 2 had the boring stretch areas, but the first chapter of Neverwinter Nights takes it to an extreme. So mind numbing.

Rome: Total War had terrible battles because the computer was too smart for its own good. Every unit tried to flank, making for some retarded battles.

It was really annoying to train units one by one in Age of Empires, though I did play Age of Empires II before it.

Earthworm Jim for Super Nintendo had some ridiculously hard levels.

I wish my original title were kept. "Problems" isn't sufficient. I want your rage inducing moments! Or maybe simply your WTF?s

Edited by Tale

Tombraider III... playing the Nevada level last. Talk about WTF moments... all my nicely hoarded equipment.

(hint: Play that level *first*)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Totally agree about the leveling system from Oblivion.

Also having Goblins being more powerfull than Daemonic beings (both Oblivion AND Morrowind) is pretty questionable.

My own personal gripe in Racing games (or GTA:Vice City) would be if other cars get out of sight they no longer get the traffic like you do. Especially annoying in Midnight Club II, where they did that in one of the hardest races, causing you to force to drive top-notch, and then it still would be up to luck. Is funny how the "champion" always makes a number 1 score when you drive some other way, but if you drive along with him he would finish last.

FPS/RPG's: Infite respawning enemies that make no sense. Especially annoying in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. if you wanted to clear an area. Why can't respawn only be done once you re-enter the map?

Making only MP-patches for a SP-oriented game (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.). Seriously, what? I have digged up the game after a year for another run, and all 3 patches are for MP?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I have a friend who outright refuses to even look sideways at a Civ game because of that. He threatens to burn my Civ4 discs whenever he sees them.

The SP game in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is fine as it is, so why would they release further patches for it?

@Tale: Your friend is an idiot?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

UT 2003 and 2004 were some of the most enjoyable LAN shooters I have ever played. I like Unreal Tournament too of course, the buff heroes running around in spandex suits were awesomeness. I don't care about the single player games really, and even less about the billion different game modes - run around and shoot a ball into a hoop, build a series of interconnected blue beams across the sky and win - WTF ?-

Just give me regular deathmatches or CTF games with lives, yes lives, if you die so many times you're out. So far I have disliked the implementation of vehicles in all the games.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I have a friend who outright refuses to even look sideways at a Civ game because of that. He threatens to burn my Civ4 discs whenever he sees them.

Too bad, Civ4 sorted it out pretty much entirely, as i'm sure you're aware.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Just give me regular deathmatches or CTF games with lives, yes lives, if you die so many times you're out. So far I have disliked the implementation of vehicles in all the games.

Agreed. Though I have to mention UT2K4's Onslaught is kind of fun (because foot-folk can get along due to the AVRiL).

The SP game in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is fine as it is, so why would they release further patches for it?

Broken Quests, relooting the same corpses over and over, weird spawns, some very slow areas etc.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee