Character/Location ideas for a story

walkerguy

What story will be related to

Trying to add story with game. What to know:

Meadevil era. A World War event happened with "the Alliance" versus empire of Durran. After war, Durran is nothing but villages but the Alliance also becomes weak. Durran becomes stronger and is renamed Khire and some of the leaders of good guys, Freedor are worried. Oron and Castine, also in the Alliance are dormant. Khire works behind the scenes and begins infiltration of Freedor via bribing a senator. Large (Australia size) island is in middle of planet (say planet is half-size of earth for distance figuring purposes) This island is Stalvert and becomes another target of infiltration. Stalvert should easily fall to Khire troops* (*no special name yet) An elite Freedor scout/commando is on his way in his ship to trade @ stalvert with his young son and notices various Khire ships. Meanwhile a humble senator in Freedor brings his concerns to the senate where they are at best delayed, worst ignored. Story ends here except for a bit thats to rough at this point to add. :lol: Anyway:

Locations

Freedor * "good" people country

Khire ("former Durran") * "evil" country

Oron (working title) * old ally of Freedor

Castine (working title) * old ally of Freedor

Stalvert * peaceful island nation

Planet x (working title) * (medevil story not too important)

Cities/Provinces

Baysteer * capital and seaport of Stalvert

Dorbriar * Freedor province with the bribed guy

Freedor (working title) * capital freedor province

Freedor city (working title) * freedor capital city

Freentor * province nearby Dorbriar, represneted by a "good guy" who spies on the "bad guy" in Dorbriar

(several other locations to come)

People final=won't change

Jonns (final)* senator trying to convince senate of Khire's evils, minor province* near capital (*working title)

Tierney (final)* Freentor province, friend of Jonns

2 unimportant senators * friends of Jonns

Douglas * bribed guy from Dorbriar

Valorin * Chancellor of Freedor Senate

Venicent (final)* senior senator ignorant of Khire evils & against action against Khire

Yasin II * king of freedor during Durran Wars* era (*working title)

Captain Bulnir (final) * Khire officer working with Douglas

Arnold * the elite scout/commando guy

Cain * Arnold's son

Other

Arnold & Cains merchant ship is called the Ingold (final)

Freedor is a "Monarchial Republic" king with a senate; senators are genrally the governors of provinces

Dorbriar is no longer above suspision with all the Khire "merchants" & "immigrants" Douglas worried

Anything else need to be known? I could supply a copy of the story so far, PM me. Also: I'll add a rough map that I just took 5 minutes in paint to make...

post-23038-1206393043_thumb.jpg

Twitter | @Insevin

nvm

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The water that goes off the bottom right corner doesn't end up on the other side of the map.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Freedor is a "good" people country!

I'd want to live in Freedor because that name is awsome!

Freedor!

EDIT: Actually, I AM from Freedor.

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Sounds like it belongs in the PnP forum, but the premise of it has potential. I would, however, try to come up with better names than Freedor. :(

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Locations

Freeburg * "good" people country

Qhire ("former Durran") * "evil" country

Oron (working title) * old ally of Freedor

Castine (working title) * old ally of Freedor

Stalvert * peaceful island nation

Oblerion (working title) * (medevil story not too important)

Cities/Provinces

Dorbriar * Freedor province with the bribed guy

Freeburg (working title) * capital freedor province

Freeburg city (working title) * freedor capital city

Freedland * province nearby Dorbriar, represneted by a "good guy" who spies on the "bad guy" in Dorbriar

Jonns (final)* senator trying to convince senate of Khire's evils, minor province* near capital (*working title)

Tierney (final)* Freentor province, friend of Jonns

Valorin * Chancellor of Freedor Senate

Venicent (final)* senior senator ignorant of Khire evils & against action against Khire

Yasin II * king of freedor during Durran Wars* era (*working title)

Cain * Arnold's son

Other

Freedor is a "Monarchial Republic" king with a senate; senators are genrally the governors of provinces

Dorbriar is no longer above suspision with all the Khire "merchants" & "immigrants" Douglas worried

Anything else need to be known? I could supply a copy of the story so far, PM me. Also: I'll add a rough map that I just took 5 minutes in paint to make...

Not sure what you want but there you go.

I hail from Niggamoon, the big, round cheesy lunar solephispsgagskh that looms over citizens of Freedor at night

You can call me Ben

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

^Ben Dover?

Google Roulette!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Isn't there a webpage for generating character names somewhere? Surely that would also work for places?

Also, would anyone else agree this might be more comfortable in PnP?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It will also be DEAD. I want to see if I can actually get results, please.

You can understand that it would BE DEAD.

It would also become redundant because of the "Creative Endavors" thread, however different they may be.

Twitter | @Insevin

It will not be dead. It will LIIIIIVE!

AH AH AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:sorcerer: *zoom* :sorcerer:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

No!!!!!!!

Retardation abounds!!

Redundant.

Redundant.

DEAD.

DEAD.

POOY!

CRAP!

AHHHHHHG!

Oh, well. I was getting no help anyway.

SYSTEM ANOMALY REDUNDANT RETARD RUNNING

BLASTING OFF TO KHIRE

>> ENTER ANOTHER COMMAND_

Twitter | @Insevin

Maybe a reason you're not getting help is because you're not actually saying what you want help with.

Anyway, here is my quick reaction to the original post.

Freedor * "good" people country

Khire ("former Durran") * "evil" country

If I was the intended audience for this world project, you'd lose my interest right here. Fantasy, for me, becomes interesting when it's not black and white. Having a good country and an evil country is so cliche, and, well, boring. Unless there's more going on underneath the surface.

So what I'm wondering is what makes Freedor good. And what makes Khire evil? And what is the point of the distinction? Oh, and the name Freedor... How much more obvious can you get? Besides, from my perspective, the only countries that'd actually need to have "free" in their name are countries that are anything but.

But the first thing I'd do is downplay the "evilness" of Khire. Expansionistic is hardly the same thing as evil, even if the ones fighting against the empire certainly might feel that way. There's no one calling the roman empire evil this day, is it? The basic idea still works with war and infiltration and such. Let the players themselves figure out what side is right. Make compelling arguments for both of them. Otherwise it'll just come off as a rip-off of Tolkien or (worse) the Belgariad (although Eddings did try to get away from the black white stuff a little at least in the second series).

Anyway, that's my take on it, do with it as you like. If you want any other ideas, you need to be more specific in your request.

AIDS

Obviously I would be from Stalvert, the peaceful island nation. I'm not a great swimmer, but I guess I could learn.

Is it easier to be peaceful if you don't have any land borders? British history would seem to suggest otherwise. :p

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Yes, this sounds kind of... hilarious or foolish maybe but come now, I'm just trying at a bit of some fiction. I'm not being specific really because I cannot be. The current progress of my work doesn't allow for much more detail. Keeping in mind I only need "Character/Location ideas for a story". I didn't think how utterly bad Freedor's name was. I knew it had the word "free" and that stretched it but I only now realize just how disappointing that name really is.

I need names...

Meadevil era. Humans, dwarves, waning elf populations. A World War event happened with "the Alliance" (need new name) versus empire of Durran. Durran raised powerful dark men who enslaved the populations and began to destroy life itself, for "unknown reasons" (will elaborate further on...) After war with Alliance victory, Durran seems nothing but villages but the Alliance also becomes weak. Durran becomes stronger and is renamed Khire and some of the people of alliance guys are suspicious. Elf land* and Castine, also in the Alliance are dormant. Khire works behind the scenes and begins infiltration of *human land* via bribing a senator. Large (Australia size) island is in middle of planet (say planet is half-size of earth for distance figuring purposes) This island is Stalvert and becomes another target of infiltration. it is wanted as a beachhead. Stalvert should easily fall to Khire troops* (*no special name yet ie stormtroopers) An elite human scout/commando is on his way in his ship to trade @ stalvert with his young son and notices various Khire ships. Meanwhile a humble senator in Freedor brings his concerns to the senate where they are at best delayed, worst ignored. Story ends here except for a bit thats to rough at this point to add. The scout may have to be the advance to turn things around in Stalvert. :-(EDIT VERSION)

This is all I have so far.

Locations

"the Alliance" (need new name)

human land * "good" human people country

Khire ("former Durran") * "evil" country; human, elf, human/elves

elf land (working title) * old ally; elf

Castine (working title) * old ally; dwarf

Stalvert * peaceful island nation; human

Planet x (working title) * (medevil story not too important)

Cities/Provinces

Dorbriar * province with the bribed guy

(working title) * capital province

city (working title) * freedor capital city

* province nearby Dorbriar, represneted by a "good guy" who spies on the "bad guy" in Dorbriar

Tierney (final)* senator, friend of Jonns

Valorin * Chancellor of x(good) Senate

Yasin II * king of x(good) during Durran Wars* era (*working title)

Cain * Arnold's son

Other

Anything else need to be known? I could supply a copy of the story so far, PM me. I've add a rough map that I just took 5 minutes in paint to make...

The water that goes off the bottom right corner doesn't end up on the other side of the map.

Oh well. If I were to have a map, this would be, roughly, the general layout.

post-23038-1206995893_thumb.jpg

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

When you say you want 'character/location ideas', do you just mean you want a few more characters and locations to add into that big list? It's hard for us to just give you char/loc ideas out of the blue, without any prompts. If you need certain specific characters or areas that need fleshing out, giving us such a prompt might help.

Although, you already have enough to fill a Tolkien-world. Unless you're going to be writing as much as he did, you might want to skip to the story-writing and plot design part, or you risk being overburdened.

• 1 month later...

Okay, Tigranes. :*

Anyhow, new title for Freedor is Faconia. (?) And I've been doing a lot of tiresome cannon research for a major naval engagement scene. Very much so rough at this point. Toss me a couple possible names, guys (people and places) I need them. :bat:

Maybe give you guys a better idea of what these countries are modeled on (simply put):

Faconia=Roman/Briton

Stalvert=Spanish/Portuguese

Castine=dwarves, lol

Oronian=(new name needed I think) elven race

Khire=Greek/Arab/Roman (odd mix huh)

So yeah...

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin