Happy Easter!

Cantousent

Go to sea in a storm. That'll make up your mind, mate.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

When I was little I was in the middle of a tropic typhoon on a yacht with a bunch of hippies, namely my father and sister.

We actually sailed right into the eye of the storm by accident, we are talking a storm the size of France here, which saved our lives. A lot of speculation about how lucky we were. Didn't make me see the light. I've been in real storms at sea later on in life. I see why fishermen are invariably deeply religious, and of course I have prayed in some private desperate moment like a hypocrite in the past.

I would definitely prefer to be religious, there is a lot of strength in conviction, but I'm still not convinced. So there it is.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

When I was little I was in the middle of a tropic typhoon on a yacht with a bunch of hippies, namely my father and sister.

We actually sailed right into the eye of the storm by accident, we are talking a storm the size of France here, which saved our lives. A lot of speculation about how lucky we were. Didn't make me see the light. I've been in real storms at sea later on in life. I see why fishermen are invariably deeply religious, and of course I have prayed in some private desperate moment like a hypocrite in the past.

I would definitely prefer to be religious, there is a lot of strength in conviction, but I'm still not convinced. So there it is.

Then I salute your courage, sir!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, whatever happened previously in the thread, I want to show no hard feelings. I'll gladly take part in the next festivus or whatever. Hell, if I were an atheist, I'd celebrate "randomness" and then have an excuse to indulge myself in a drink every day. Seriously, just remind me when the next agnostic/atheist holiday hits and I'll join in. Damned good excuse to party.

See, there's your reciprocity. You celebrate Easter without me without believing in Jesus the Risen Lord (or Jesus the layer of chocolate eggs) and I'll celebrate randomness on my terms.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

there's plenty of non-religious holidays (in spite of the implication of the word holiday). labor day, presidents' day, 4th of july... then, my all-time favorite, friday. :bat:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Perhaps one day I will see Jebus and be converted, religiously awakened, and perhaps not.

..? Jebus? Who the heck is Jebus? I'm Pentecostal and I've never heard of this "Jebus".

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I wonder, does this silly misspelling come from some american dialect

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'd just like to say that whoever started this topic has my blessings.

I'm a christian too and it's gettin' harder and harder to speak up and say that u r.

Jesus Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"we settle our score now...."

- Bass EXE

"Jebus" is a way to get around committing blasphemy. There are lots of other examples. "Jeez." "Gosh Darn."

There is a word for those type of expressions - but I don't remember what it is.

It's kinda cute. Do people really believe they are fooling God? Does it mean they don't agree with the commandment or that they don't take it seriously or that they really don't believe in God or what?

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

I think you are disadvantaged thanks to a lack of The Simpsons. In one episode Homer gets made a priest, and he responds by saying he can't be, because he "doesn't even believe in Jebus!" This is comical because of course he goes to church every week and doesn't even know the name of the prophet and son of god. This is played on later by when, in the midst of disaster he cries out piteously for help. "Save me Jebus!"

And that's how you ruin a good joke. o:):)

-Elwood Blues

It's kinda cute. Do people really believe they are fooling God? Does it mean they don't agree with the commandment or that they don't take it seriously or that they really don't believe in God or what?

Names have power, or so people used to think. It all goes back to Indo-Europeans and proto-Germanics for instance. They had several euphemisms for bear because uttering the creatures actual name either called it, its ire, or some other malady. Sure, it's a relic of the past now, but so are the people who insist on writing "G-d", heh.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds