star wars galaxies FTW?!?

Looking at those screenshots again, it's like a lifetime ago.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Played this game for 4-5 years now, even though I've always hated the gameplay itself. First 3-4 years I was part of a great RP community on Europe-Chimaera, but that mostly fizzled out due to drama, and I never felt that Starsider RP matched it (primarily because Starsider RP happens in Mos Eisley for the most part, which is where all the newbs start, so you have the huge problem of having to deal with idiots trying and failing to RP).

The last 2 years I've spent on Starsider purely in the OOC sense doing space PvP. It's probably the only good game mechanics in SWG. It's not the same as X-wing/TIE Fighter but it's still great for what it is.

Overall the game itself mostly sucks, but unfortunately it has some good parts in some good communities and the space PvP, and the new storyteller tools. But the quests, ground game mechanics, and terrain (it looks good, but the devs just hit the 'randomize' button so it looks very unprofessional, the cities especially) destroy what could have been a good game.

Edited by Rhifox