star wars galaxies FTW?!?

Commissar Taleroth here. I was one of the most feared Bounty Hunters on a server. Not because I killed more Jedi than than the other hunters, but because I talked like I did. My venomous pronunciations inspired others to kill Jedi.

Certainly, I did kill a few Jedi in creative fashions. I joined several guilds just to kill the guild leader's Jedi. Typically the very same day I joined. While the Jedi grinded AFK on top of the guildhall.

I once killed a Jedi on a rooftop by sicking a pet droid on him. He triple incapped. Then I went to the nearest cloner and waited for 2 hours for him to get back. I taunted him in an in-game mail. "Even your vaunted guildhall cannot save you." The first thing he did was respond to it "u suck." I knew then that it would be time. His body appeared in the cloner, I said "hello" and killed him again. I needed the deathblow personally or else I wouldn't get paid. If he hadn't been on a rooftop, he only would have needed to die once.

Most kills were relatively mundane, though. And like I said, I didn't kill the most. I probably was only in the mid-range for quantity. But I did piss off more people when I did it. I killed friends' Jedi. I killed my own guild leaders' Jedi. I killed the Jedi of friendly guilds. I would not avoid killing any Jedi for any reason ever. Friendly raids? Oops, my finger slipped. The leader of a faction used to tip me off to his own faction's jedi and a little city they built for themselves. In fact, that kind of thing was common. Several people in prominent guild used to love ratting their guildmates' Jedi out to Bounty Hunters. It was beautiful.

I saw so many little online communities while playing that game. I joined spying guilds, GCW oriented guilds, Jedi killing guilds, activist guilds (this one was half-lesbian, and by half-lesbian I mean it was a bunch of men pretending to be lesbians over the internet). I helped build, defend, and even attack the longest standing stronghold on the server.

I'd been labelled villain, hero, pariah, and spy. Good times.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If that's you, I love you.

The first time I joined a guild to kill the leader's Jedi, I bragged about it to a friend of mine. Funny thing about that is, that friend was victim number 2 of the trick.

Of course, I didn't plan on killing his Jedi. Sure, I picked up the bounty, but I dropped it and it glitched. As for the killing? Well, he was dancing around in a starport without any armor and no buffs. Instinct kicked in. I deathblowed him before I realized I even equipped a weapon.

Edited by Tale

I don't really have any interesting stories from Eve, but I did play it. I didn't get around half as much in that game as I did in SWG. But I was voted squad leader of Epsilon squad for a year after I stopped playing. Probably was a sort of voter protest against having formal leadership, but I like to think it was because they miss me.

Edited by Tale

Which wasn't all that different compared to what you do now.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sorry I didnt reply sooner... was outta town using Iphone to check up on this. But go to http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com thats a link... watch or skip intro movie and click Choose Path... it will explain all of the classes including jedi go dark or light or be a famed bounty hunter hunting down real life players... just to name a few. The roleplay is pretty fun like when my guild goes into space.. (im a dark lord in my guild) and I go to the top floor of are ship.. Dark Defender and are surrounded by players using their TIE fighters... its pretty fun to watch them battle

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Sorry I didnt reply sooner... was outta town using Iphone to check up on this. But go to http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com thats a link... watch or skip intro movie and click Choose Path... it will explain all of the classes including jedi go dark or light or be a famed bounty hunter hunting down real life players... just to name a few. The roleplay is pretty fun like when my guild goes into space.. (im a dark lord in my guild) and I go to the top floor of are ship.. Dark Defender and are surrounded by players using their TIE fighters... its pretty fun to watch them battle

Can I join your guild?

It's getting there, but it still has some major concerns that need to be addressed, starting with character diversity. IMO it's worth $15/mo but subscribe, cancel a few days later, let the account run out, and re-evaluate at that time.

The RP (albeit relatively absent on a lot of servers) is one of the saving graces for this game. Problem is, most RP involves being either some Jedi hero, or Darth Vader/Palpatine's special Force-using somebody. ;)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

YOuve got it all wrong... anyone can roleplay you dont need to be the highest level (im not I joined a month ago... Im just really famillar with guilds and MMORPGS). I play on the starsider server my name is Exiie if you want to join my guild or need any help whatsoever mail me.... click ESC the go to Mail and type my name in.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

YOuve got it all wrong... anyone can roleplay you dont need to be the highest level

True, but like I said,

Problem is, most RP involves being either some Jedi hero, or Darth Vader/Palpatine's special Force-using somebody. :o

Anyone can do it, but not many do, and when they do it's generally a repetitive rehash.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not bad. My character has been level 30 or so for almost a year now. I don't really enjoy the gameplay much, but I really enjoy the RP on Euro-Chimaera. I'm a smuggler :D And my character doesn't actually know any Jedi or dark Jedi ICly.

• 4 weeks later...

I played this game for the first 2 years it was out then left for WoW after NGE hit. I came back to SWG to give it another try but found the role play was no longer there as the classes were basically cookie cutter. Many people like how the game is now but all the old friends I had left the game or moved to new servers then quit the game also.

Pro's of the game:

1.) Space combat with customizable ships with lots of quests and pvp (pvp is not forced except in specific areas).

2.) The ground side game has evolved into a pvp based game (pro for pvp'ers, con for pve'ers).

3.) New instances that are group oriented (if you can find enough people and are not sick of the same instances).

4.) The ability to own multiple dwellings and decorate them as you wish, same for multi-player space ships.

5.) Character Appearance Custimization.

What hooked me to the Pre-NGE version of the game was the variety of classes and how you could be multi-classed, select from various skills of each class, to make your own toon or go with the fotm spec. Since NGE you are now limited to a small number of bases classes you can choose from. I also liked the Pre-NGE crafting setup where crafting was viable and there was more interaction between players due to needing crafted items. Reliance on other classes to defeat instances compared to the stack ranged classes for this instance or melee for that instance.

Pre-NGE I was able to have a Master Bounty Hunter/Master Combat Medic/Pistoleer spec that allowed me the ability to tank, heal, or dps for groups. With the single skill specs now, my toon is not as adaptable as he once was, but by the same token, he is not as overpowered as he once was either. My Elder Jedi, well, he is a Jedi, no real different then all the others out there except for variations in gear setup.

SWG offered so much for the player base whether you liked to craft, entertain, pvp, pve, or explore space. Granted, you can still do all those now, but how you are able to is much more restricted compared to what it once was. If more time would have been given to implementing the NGE and offering the new introductions while mainting the previous skills, classes, and viable crafting system I honestily think that many of the players that left would still be there and more players would be joining daily.

If a new SWG were to come out offering the basics that made the original SWG popular in the first place, but adding in raid instances, group space instances, tweak the crafting system so crafters can compete with looted drops or use those drops and enhance them, balance out the multi-class/multi-skill combat system for fairness, enough small party instances to prevent boredom, player bazaar and forum auctions, enhanced graphics, and a real time combat system with more options to how players use defensive and offensive skills, then this new game would revive the Star Wars genre and be a viable game to compete with the likes of WoW, AoC, and Warhammer (when the last two come online that is). And I apologize for the run-on sentence! And let me add in realistic character appearances that are not cartoonish, that is what i miss about not playing SWG. You have to admit, games like WoW and cartoonish characters with limited character appearance choices is rather lame. SWG has the best in character design and realism that I have seen from other MMORPG's. And might want to add in choices of server types to allow for PVP, PVE, RP playing styles to allow players to choose a server that fits them.

I actually really miss the old days of swg I quite around cu and again around nge. I played on flurry. my first profession i mastered was fencer, next swordsman with a little doc and then teras kasi. I think its cool what true galaxies is trying to do, and if they ever succeed. I would be all for it.