WOOOHOOOOO! NWN2 1.12 BABY!

Sand

It is finally here! Patch 1.12! Downloading as I type.

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :thumbsup:

*does the jiggly dance in slo mo*

:down:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Here is the readme file for the patch.

MoW has been done for a while I hear. They were just waiting for the new patch to be released. I say no later than next week we will have Westgate.

patch_notes_v112.rtf

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Just in time for me to finish my game of VMBL and get my fighter character from NWN2 going again in MotB :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I just recently got MotB, but since it's been several months since I last played NWN2, I created a new character and have been playing through the OC. Now I'm all patched up for when I take my character into MotB for the first time. :) (Sorry Elanee, were you talking to me?)

The spell fixes are awesome. I've been wanting to make a warlock but held off after reading the patch preview notes.

I have yet to get the patches for the expansion. :ermm:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

That transitioning-with-familiars bug is fixed?!? Hooray!!

The travelling menagerie gets underway tomorrow. :)

:) This one's bugged me on several games.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I will still buy it when it comes out, but I'm rather annoyed at the complete lack of communication about MoW. I understand that they want to protect their game (even though I'm of the opinion that it doesn't help all that much). But I wonder if the delays haven't hurt potential MoW sales more than if they had just released it when it was finished (which was in like, December?) without copy protection.

But yeah, at the very least. Atari, Obsidian, Ossian, God, whoever... Please talk to us and inform us beforehand when stuff like this doesn't make it into a patch. I'd be happy if the 1.13 patch was just a small patch which essentially just got the whole protection thing into place, if it means the patch could be released really quick.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I couldn't stand the NwN 1 Premium Module authentication system and it is rather... frustrating that MoW is being delayed months on end simply so they can get this nasty system in place in NwN 2. I really wish they simply released MoW as a 10 dollar jewel cased premium module on store shelves like Best Buy, Wal Mart & any other electronics/software retailer with a standard CD Key system.

I really wish they simply released MoW as a 10 dollar jewel cased premium module on store shelves like Best Buy, Wal Mart & any other electronics/software retailer with a standard CD Key system.

It won't sell that way. Budget games do not sell except to housewives looking for the likes of bejewelled. It's a notorious little fact that helped put Ritual Entertainment under (along with several other things).

At $10 on a shelf, it won't get any decent shelf space, it won't get decent exposure, nobody will even look twice at it. I like to call it the "**** bin effect." People have a tendency to think price tags are a measure of value. Cheap things are devalued and often considered worthless in their minds as a result. This way, they at least save on packaging and don't have to worry about logistics. How many copies do you think Best Buy will order of a cheap game that probably won't sell? They don't know how many to order. So they'll probably guess low.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The Kingmaker retail release had to be packaged with 2 (technically 1 since Witch's Wake came with one of them already) other premium modules to justify the price tag (it was larger than $10). Though you're right that it was pretty cheap. I'm kind of curious as to how well it sold, too.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

True. Well, if a jewel release isn't feasible then hopefully once 2 or 3 NwN 2 premium modules are released they can package them together as a 20-30 dollar expansion. I am glad that MoW will get a boxed release without the authentication, but I'm not really willing to spend another 40-50 on NwN 2 just so I can get MoW without authentication. I'll probably just cave and get MoW as a downloadable. ::Grumble:: >_<