What Grinds your Gears?

BIOShazard

If you have seen the Family Guy episode where Peter gets on the news channel, then you know what this is. If not, read the explanation:

What Grinds Your Gears is just a way to say "What makes you annoyed/angry"

The thing that grinds my gears is all the news stories on Brittney Spears. "She shaved her head" este loco! I don't think anyone cares! People stopped caring after Britney's "Sexual Child Abuse" scandal years ago.

geass-1.jpg

Part of Rise of the Sith TSL Mod

Family Guy.

It's just not that funny, people!

Also, the use of the word "random" to mean something other than "determined by pure chance." Merely "unusual" or "surprising" is not "random."

Poor or dumb (or both) people who procreate. Please Africa, Central America, and Texas just disappear forever.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Don't want to get moderated.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Poor or dumb (or both) people who procreate. Please Africa, Central America, and Texas just disappear forever.

On that note, a guy at work, his ex girlfriend was just brought up on charges of abusing his daughter. She has already had a child taken away from a previous relationship, and just had another child with a crackhead new boyfriend. She is currently on welfare. Anyway, people are making excuses for her being a complete waste of DNA like "she had a bad childhood" etc. which brings me to what grinds my gears:

People who don't take responsibility for being a ****head. If you're a ****head, its not because mummy didn't love you enough or you weren't given enough opportunities, its because you're a ****head.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

People who ask for advice, then ignore it. I'm not saying people should always adhere to advice, but when someone has difficulty in a situation, asks for advice, then pursues the dumbest option available to them, it's a bit silly.

This typically revolves around people asking about relationship advice, as relationships are the most commond scenario for people acting like complete morons.

This is why I try to only have single friends.

And for that matter, people who define themselves by their relationships. They grind my gears. Because they often behave in the aforementioned idiocy more frequently than others.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Family Guy is overrated

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Family Guy made you think about what makes you angry because the show put it in a hilarious way, then you started a thread for it, then. You can only just barely call it inspiration. Oh well, not its much to talk over, is it?

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

Family Guy.

It's just not that funny, people!

Also, the use of the word "random" to mean something other than "determined by pure chance." Merely "unusual" or "surprising" is not "random."

That reminds me of that time Peter had lunch with Vincent Van Gogh and William Henry Harrison...

Also, I blame 311 for my generation's misuse of the word random.

"To be the one who has it all is not that hard / And i'll be that type of dude in a funky car."

Haha... oh man.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

"To be the one who has it all is not that hard / And i'll be that type of dude in a funky car."

Haha... oh man.

I'm roughly 3.5 years older than you, and I'm part of a different generation? Ouch.

(P.S., Get off my lawn!)

Haha... oh man.

I'm roughly 3.5 years older than you, and I'm part of a different generation? Ouch.

(P.S., Get off my lawn!)

Mind the (generational) gap!

Hey, those were a crucial 3.5 years! If I had been 3.5 years older when I first heard that terrible 311 song, I would have denounced it as the crap that it was.

Instead I made a taped copy of the CD and listened to it incessantly in my Walkman for about a year.

I used to think Metallica was cool too... ah, the shame of youth.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Fair point, I suppose.

Anyhow, another thing that bugs me: Tourists in the Metro during rush hour. It's getting to be that time of the year when the DC Metro (subway) is mobbed by tourists. Nothing wrong with that-- it's a great way to get around the city if you don't mind a longish walk to some of the big attractions. But there's no reason why they have to be on the Metro during rush hour. Especially at the transfer stations like Metro Center (which I go through twice a day), you often see crowds of tourists step off of a train or escalator, then immediately stand perfectly still, blocking all the people behind them, because they don't know which way to go next.