What are you playing now?

Gorth

Knife is horrendously effective in tight corridors. If the enemies don't have an ample amount of shotguns, you are destined to win.
Um, OK. The knife is useful maybe against lone enemies that don't use shotguns, but that's about it. A squad of AK74-armed soldiers can do a number on you if you aren't careful at that point in the game, IIRC. I remember sweating quite a bit to clear that outpost, and I did it by drawing them out and hiding in the bushes, then picking them off one by one. Maybe I was playing a higher diff, I don't remember.

Also those quotes are many ingame hours apart and STALKER stops being in any way difficult midgame and then picks up again later.
Less than a day apart. And yeah, once you get a hold of the fatter ARs and armor suits (I never used exoskeletons, myself), your life gets quite a bit easier. But then, why would you be using the knife?

No. No, no, no. I don't suck. I'm fairly confident that's not it... :shifty:

I remember sweating quite a bit to clear that outpost, and I did it by drawing them out and hiding in the bushes, then picking them off one by one. Maybe I was playing a higher diff, I don't remember.

And that's what I tried to do - but I ended up as a red smear quicker than I could say "**** it." It was then that I noticed the downed tree in the rear of the mine-field, something that breached the fence-line. I ran, somehow managing to avoid the explosives, and jumped into the space behind the compound. Most of the troops were staked out front, so I snuck up behind the guard stationed on the roof -next to the open, upper office-, slit his throat, and grabbed his grenades (I should also note that I had the free Merc suit that you can get from the attic of one of the abandoned homes). I then ducked inside of the building and waited until a crowd of soldiers had barricaded the entrance - perfectly clumped for a grenade blast. Sneak out, gather loot, repeat. when no one else was near the front I walked out and noticed that there were two people coming up the stairs, a perfect place to jump down behind them and preform two swift cuts to the neck. I then swept the rest of the complex for survivors, loaded up the extra loot into one of the dead bodies, and dragged the impromptu bag back to the trader. :shifty:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Yes, that game really redefines the term "Body Bag" :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Risk An old game from the past and one I thoroughly enjoy. Its addicting when you start playing it. Too bad its not smart like a human when it comes to strategy.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

fallout 2

Advanced Power Armour + Jet + Psycho + Action Boy Perk + Bonus HtH Attacks Perk + Super Sledge = Lots of dead Enclave troopers :thumbsup:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Also those quotes are many ingame hours apart and STALKER stops being in any way difficult midgame and then picks up again later.
Less than a day apart.

I count STALKER as becoming easy once I take out the military by the bridge and that is usually withing the first five to ten hours.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I beat Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Now trying a no alert run through of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. The new camera angle is a godsend. I can actually SEE enemies, which is important without the old radar. Getting the better hang of CQC now than my last two playthroughs. I'll regularly run up to enemies and slam them to the ground instead of wasting Mk22 ammo to knock them out.

It's actually kind of fun to do that while under fire. Having Snake run up to a guy who is shooting at him, grab the soldier, and faceplant him into the dirt is exciting. I'm on a no alert run, so being suicidal like that when I get caught is a-okay. The fight against the Ocelot Unit was pretty tough to do this time around with no alerts, so I got lots of opportunities to practice. I actually was able to faceplant 6 of them before getting taken down by the 7th.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Playing around with NWN2's toolset.

My mouse wheel is out of commission and I'm trying to zoom in out of the map without it. IT seems to be impossible. Does anyone know of a way?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Actually, I finally found a way. It isn't very practical, though. You have to hold ctrl+shift+mouse button and drag the mouse vertically to zoom in and out.

Heja Sverige!!

Once you get over the initial difficulty threshold of STALKER, it becomes easy. Until you hit the last levels that is..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Or you could just install a mod* that fixes the lack of balance and feel in weapon accuracy etc. and makes the game really shine. Its kind of odd that some kids on the internet can do in a weekend what a whole bunch of Ukranian designers(with the help of outside consultants) couldnt do in years. Unless it was a deliberate design choise and the Ukranians actually enjoy having to pump an entire clip at point blank range into an enemy to even have a chance of wounding him.

*really just a different config text file

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - I think I might try to get mod working on vista soon, although I'll probably wait until I beat the game or get really tired of it. Anyone know of good ones that I should start off with?

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

You just have to understand that Ukrainians are, like, made of Kevlar.

It's just us Westerners who are a bunch of sissies when it comes to bullets.

Heja Sverige!!

fallout 2

Advanced Power Armour + Jet + Psycho + Action Boy Perk + Bonus HtH Attacks Perk + Super Sledge = Lots of dead Enclave troopers o:)

Advanced Power Armour + mini gun (choose your favorite) = Lots of bloody dead Enclave troopers :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Or you could just install a mod* that fixes the lack of balance and feel in weapon accuracy etc.

What exactly does this mean? Increased accuracy? Increased damage? what?

I'm curious because I find user mods notoriously suck at balance. Not all. Just almost all. Even mods I like.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

fallout 2

Advanced Power Armour + Jet + Psycho + Action Boy Perk + Bonus HtH Attacks Perk + Super Sledge = Lots of dead Enclave troopers ;)

Advanced Power Armour + mini gun (choose your favorite) = Lots of bloody dead Enclave troopers ;)

Vindicator :thumbsup:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I just finished Kotor 1 for the first time.

Even as unfinished as Kotor 2 was I liked it better. I mean, Malak was obviously running for "the cheesiest main villain of the year" prize. Almost all the light side joinable charaters would start whining about something every time I gained a level. Bastila was so bad I didn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

fallout 2

Advanced Power Armour + Jet + Psycho + Action Boy Perk + Bonus HtH Attacks Perk + Super Sledge = Lots of dead Enclave troopers :)

Advanced Power Armour + mini gun (choose your favorite) = Lots of bloody dead Enclave troopers :)

Vindicator ;)

Too bad the Gauss mini gun isn't in F2. ;)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. although I also played a game of TF2 with another member of SoDOFF - Pop! Yes, now hell will freeze over and our OEF "clan" will win all of the tournaments.

-Hurlshot