What are you playing now?

Gorth

Bloodlines - although I'll be in the land of STALKER once I get that (maybe tomorrow).

I'm quite jealous that you get to experience that game for the first time.

STALKER: Clear Sky has been pushed back to early 2009 I heard recently, so I've got a long wait until I can visit there again and be yelled at in Russian by strange men wearing gas masks and carrying anomolous blobs of alien funk on their belts. :thumbsup:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I started Gothic 3 and it was hilarious. In the first 'tutorial' combat area I kept getting knocked down and dropping my sword, and every time I picked it up and equipped it again, another orc would come and knock me down in two seconds. I've given up until I figure out how to make V-Sync work.

So now I'm playing The Longest Journey, and have just completed the great deflating rubber ducky puzzle. ;)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

This is one of those games I put down earlier and am coming back to finally beat. I don't know where I put it down before, though. Not particularly scary, particularly easy, but plenty fun.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I started Gothic 3 and it was hilarious. In the first 'tutorial' combat area I kept getting knocked down and dropping my sword, and every time I picked it up and equipped it again, another orc would come and knock me down in two seconds.

You're lucky it isn't Gothic 2 at least. You couldn't be knocked down in that game, only die.

Aside from the Ardea fight, I love the difficulty level of the Gothic games! :D

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm getting my ass handed to me in STALKER.

Everybody complains about the difficulty at first. It gets easier as you get better, plus getting better equipment helps a lot. The beginning and the endgame are by far the hardest parts for totally different reasons.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

STALKER made a very good first impression on me, mostly because of the atmospheric and lovely build game world. But the lack of narrative and engagement just turned me off after a while. I think I played some 15 hours into it until I just lost all interest.

Its weird, but I think because I didn't understand so much of what was being said in the game due to the language barrier, the completely fractured and often indecipherable narrative didn't bother me at all. It actually seemed quite natural that I had no idea what anyone was going on about and just sort of stumbled toward the end game winging it all the way. I'm not trying to excuse the badly done narrative, only tying to explain why it didn't bother me nearly so much as I might have thought it would.

If you thought you were getting your ass handed to you in STALKER, wait till you play the Oblivion Lost mod. Shoot a blind dog and 17 or 18 of them come out of nowhere. And you lose your anomaly detector. And bandages don't do anything more than stop bleeding.

I'm currently playing Baldur's Gate: Throne of Bhaal. I lost interest in the game some while ago, but after listening in on (written) conversation about the game at the rpgwatch, I started playing it again. I have to say that the game gets better once you get to Amkethran. I'm currently in Sendais Enclave, fighting Sendai. A very interesting and well planned battle, I might add. Next I think I will play either an adventure game like the just released 'Agon - the Lost sword of Toledo' or maybe the first NWN or KOTOR game.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

If you thought you were getting your ass handed to you in STALKER, wait till you play the Oblivion Lost mod. Shoot a blind dog and 17 or 18 of them come out of nowhere. And you lose your anomaly detector. And bandages don't do anything more than stop bleeding.

Wait till you meet the restored monsters that were left out of vSTALKER...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm getting my ass handed to me in STALKER.

:):p

That game kicked my ass too. I remember walking around and my PDA telling me I'm failing missions a couple times too, after that I just quit. Maybe Ill pick it up later.

For now im playing Max Payne 2. Its a solid game all around i think. Alan Wake should be a great game too. :)

Wait... I just ... My cat scratched my Max Payne 2 CD!

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I didn't think what that hard really.

Then again, I loved Gothic 1 to death. And that game was horrendously difficult.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Yeah, I'm going to try that once I figure out how to get mods working on Vista -I'm playing STALKER on my laptop and the moment- and get tired of the vanilla game. Anyways, I just wiped out an entire military complex with nothing more than a few grenades and my knife - and, yeas, this was done without cheats. I'll post a video of the aftermath in the picture thread (I have yet to get the screenshot button to work in vista as well - although everything else is fine).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Knife is horrendously effective in tight corridors. If the enemies don't have an ample amount of shotguns, you are destined to win.

kirottu said: