What are you playing now?

Gorth

That's because you hate RPGs in general with the exception of KotOR. Right, Bok?

EDIT: Holy Crap - I'm trying to install Stalker and it need 10gigs of free space. I think I'll have to uninstall BG TuTu to free up space. :sad:

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

STALKER is not a RPG. More like a slowerpaced (for the most part) and fairly open shooter.

That said, that's what I'm playing now. Having fun, and really looking forward to Clear Sky. Also looking forward to Mysteries of Westgate which shouldn't be long now. 1.12 patch is released tomorrow, and hopefully MoW will follow shortly afterwards.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

stuffing around with a couple of GBA games

Tactics Ogre: the Knight of Lodis - pretty decent. absolutely ****s all over FFTA

Fire Emble: The Sacred Stones - again, pretty decent

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I bought the first one used over Amazon. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I just had to make sure to snatch it up because it's not always so available.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm still playing SoaSE and MotB, and in the latter I am trying out a halfling invisible blade. Hopefully my copy of BGII will get here and then I'll reinstall the original to try out TuTu.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Playing a campaign as Darius of the Persians in Civ 4: Beyond the Sword.

Built up a stack of my unique units, the Immortals, and used it to deprive the Ethiopians of 2/3rds of their empire. Now I'm REXing (that's Rapid Early eXpansion) to fill out the available good terrain (taking advantage of Darius' "Organized" trait that decreases city maintenance) and building up my economy.

Playing Icewind Dale + HoW + TotL.

I could never play the two IWD games without cheating - namely, using Ctrl+Y to 'skip through' about one in every five or six 'normal' encounters. Like the Lizard Men or Histachii in Dragon's Eye. They're not really challenging at all, but just enough to take up time and attention; there's always a bit too much combat for me to take.

Really beautiful games, though. I'd really love to see the Wizard's room in the Kuldahar tower or Arundel's home rendered with the best technology today can offer.

I'm playing microsoft visual studio 2005, it's pretty cool, and mostly text based, if you're uber skilled at it though when you press F5 awesomeness happends, and you unlock this great kickass minigame!

Right now I'm at the part where you have to make all these little buttons so you can navigate to the point where you unlock the game properly...

I think the best thing about Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 is how dynamic and expandable it is to the user, and also it's never ENDING. I must have clocked up somewhere in the region of 1000 hours+ It's awesome, I'm totally addicted.

I'll warn you though, even with all the hint books out on the market this game is perhaps the hardest on the market, but it comes in many flavours some are easier than others.

Oh did I mention how Microsoft keep releasing these expansion packs, like direct X and XNA!

If you have no life, and you don't know what (or are afraid of) girls then Microsoft Visual Studio is so for you, but be warned people its only for truly hardcore gamers!

MVS FTW! 10/10

Edited by @\NightandtheShape/@

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

MVS FTW! 10/10

Yeah, except Microsoft is like EA. Prepare for the 2008 version, the 2010 version, the 20?? version etc.

Same game, just with added incompatibility with previous saved games and a few new flashy gimmicks.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Still playing Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete. Man, I miss Working Designs. The 2 Playstation remakes of Lunar games are all I know of their localization work, but they did wonderfully. They're probably nearly as responsible for how good those two games are as Game Arts, the developers.

Still playing Lunar 2: Eternal Blue COMPLETE and I think I'll be going the distance. I have the red dragon to free.

I'll be picking up Condemned 2: Bloodshot and a new PS2 (my current one sounds like its about to die) today. But I'll finish Lunar 2 before I unwrap Condemned 2.

Edited by Tale

I got Gothic 2 working in Vista by installing it on an XP machine and moving it over directly. Anyway I looked in the .INI file:

;
; G O T H I C 2
;
; INI-File
;
; contains different settings
; ... some can be modified in gothics menu
; ... some not (feel free to hack, but don't cry ... :)
; ... others won't take any effect (they will be reset during gameplay)
; ... and a few may cause a crash or some other funny things :)
;
; Be careful but DON'T PANIC !!
;

:p

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Wow, I think I just hit the hardest section in Fire Emblem yet. Mission 16 on hard. About half way through storming the castle, the enemy get decides that now is the time to send everything after you. The turn before this, the computer gets two sages as reinforcements. Not so bad normally, but one of them has a sleep wand and the other has a book of purge. Both items have a minimum 7 square maximum range so they can hit you well out of retaliation range.

Other than that, the enemy has

2 Myrmidons with a 20% crit chance and are faster than just about anything you have.

3 Druids that doing almost as much damage to your non-casters as your casters are doing to theirs

3 extra druids that blast you from long range

1 Cleric with a ranged heal wand

2 Knights that really just get in they way of the big boys

3 Rangers that again are more of a nuisance than anything

1 mounted caster again not too bad, but is another target to waste a turn on

I'm thinking I finally have a use for all those elixirs I've been storing. My magic users are just far to valuable to waste every turn healing my front line troops.

Edited by Deraldin

I bought Condemned 2: Bloodshot yesterday. And apparently they have the worst ignorance of SD televisions so far experienced. There are investigation sections of the game where you have to pick something from a list. It's text and it's unreadable. I should have tried the demo, it's enough to make me think I shouldn't have purchased the game. Because now I'm going to need to get an HDMI-DVI cable and a pair of USB headphones.

Edited by Tale