some small images from Game Informer online

Will you have my babies?

Gosh, I am damn FIRED UP and READY TO BE HYPED!

On a side hope, I hope Obsidian had been using the most recently updated Unreal Engine. The older version used since the Rainbow Six: Vegas, was more than just a bit of a pain. It was a disaster.

In addition, who is GetWellGamer? He seems to have played and seen the game firsthand before.

"Midas has donkey ears, Midas has donkey ears..."

I'd almost rather work on crappy games, for all the ache it is to hold your cards to your chest when they're so freaking cool.

I will (and maybe only can) say this: If AP comes out like a finished version of what I played/saw back in the day, there's going to be a lot of cool stuff that people will be talking about for a long time. I might even go so far as to call it the next proper FPSRPG to follow Deus Ex's legacy, and it's not a comparison I'd give out lightly.

I can't say for sure, since I'm no longer in the loop as to what's been kept and cut, but te possibility is there.

Edited by Zoma

Man, I hope that's a really early version of the engine, because it looks sparse. Like Kane and Lynch sparse.

So, things we can infer -

- no full customization of characters. Choose from variety of presets.

- Dialogue style is fluid. You can start with "debonair" and just put the controller down and watch things play out, or you can switch up the way you speak.

- Doesn't sound as though there will be "perks" or any such thing, but each of the 100 (or 90, if you start a skill at min=1) will have some effect on gameplay beyond the obvious. Greater targeting powers for guns, etc.

- As expected, the PC is framed for a botched first mission and goes rogue. The PC is forced to enact a covert solo mission only undertaken by those far above his talents.

- The mission system is actually similar to that of Assassin's Creed. You have main missions in certain cities, and tangential sidequests that all feed into the main quest. One hopes that unlike Assassin's Creed, doing all the sidequests will give you more than the satisfaction of being a completionist, in other words, the mission ought to play out differently depending on how you handle these side-missions.

- Obsidian is attempting to accomodate all playing styles. The example given was interrogating an informant. Bribing him got you the most amount of info, persuasion yielded less info but caused the least number of ethical problems (apparently) and killing him netted you no info but cash with which to buy things.

- Obsidz wants PCs to feel "superhuman" by the end, special in their skill.

Considering how tedious I found the whole of Assassin's Creed to be, I'm finding myself being nervous.

Edited by Pop

Nice screenies, it does resemble more of Uncharted than Mass Effect though. Maybe it is the color palette or less focus on achieving photorealism.

Pop ha some valid points though. It more or less depends on the story-line and characters to make it believable though. I mean, by reading the story of Deus Ex, it doesn't sound special on paper, but they managed to pull it through nicely.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm hyped too, the only thing mentioned that I really didn't like was those emo-icon dialogue options. I really wood prefer the good old text than this:

"So mr. Thorton are you gonna tell us what you know?

-:)

-;)

--_-

Edited by Dagon

Would be nice I think, that in addition to the existing dialogue method, it allows the player to perform action related stuffs in the conversation as well.

For example, choosing one of the 'mood' will grant player opportunities to plant telephone bugs subtly in the middle of the conversation which is only available if the player manage to level up sufficient ranks in the required skills. Doing so will allow players not to require performing espionage mission to plant the telephone bug instead.

Another example would be the ability to possess photographic memory of the vital subtle information the agent manage to capture during the conversation that would allow players to have access to hidden maps, passwords to locked doors or safe ect.

My god, this is shaping up to be an awesome title.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The game itself sounds awesome, Some of the screenshots are a little bare and not quite as good as I had hoped but I'm sure all that will improve in time.

One thing I will say is I hope that some of the hand to hand combat is awesome, as I get better I want to pull off better and better looking take down moves like disarming enemys and shooting them with their own gun or taking out a patrol of three guys in one go by doing some kick ass moves.

About the bare screenshots, I'd just like to say that I really hope the game world is really filled with people. If our superspy is going to walk the streets of, say, Rome (or how about Lisbon?), I'd like to see those streets bustling with movement.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Some very nice screenshots in scan :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The page with the spreadout of area screenshots, albeit rather small ones, promises really varied environments.

It remains to be seen, how so many locations around the world will affect the overall map size in each location. I hope the zones aren't too tight.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Indeed. However, as this is next-gen project we shouldn't get the claustrophopic Kotor-era levels. Oh, and definetly more people. If get to be in Hong Kong/ Shanghai I don't want place to look like small village in Lapland when it comes to people

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Hopefully not, I'd rather have them concentrate on one mode of travel and interaction rather than have to worry about modeling drivable cars or cycles(or whatever) in it

kirottu said:

will there be vehicles, I wonder? :thumbsup:

Probably not. The guy is on the run from the most powerful gov't in the world. You don't want to call attention to yourself, so you wouldn't steal cars unless you were in a desperate situation. The PC will probably rely on public transportation. Makes him a little harder to track.

will there be vehicles, I wonder? :(

Probably not. The guy is on the run from the most powerful gov't in the world. You don't want to call attention to yourself, so you wouldn't steal cars unless you were in a desperate situation. The PC will probably rely on public transportation. Makes him a little harder to track.

- well honestly

So I've got a physical copy of the mag, and on the second to last page it has a rather nice view of an environment (looks to be a warehouse of some kind) and a render of an asian man who looks very not asian.

The screen caps look a little better non-scanned, but the little things, like the characters' thick wrists, still bother me. Considering there were only 2 non-PC characters shown in-game (the non-asian asian man and the black dude with the beard) I'd think they either held back on GI or they're not done with the engine yet.