Bourne, 007, or Bauer

Bourne, 007, or Bauer  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which one(s) would you prefer Alpha Protocol's guy to be like?

• Jason Bourne
    • Jack Bauer
    • James Bond (any)
    • Someone who's name doesn't begin with a "J".

I'm not huge fan of any of them. If I had to choose Bourne would probably win out. I'm probably in the minority, but I really dislike Bauer (so he isn't even in the running).

Personally I like

jef_char_06.jpg

but he would be kind of a tough character to pull off in a game- in terms of how he solves situations at least.

Edited by Zero

I chose Other.

I rather have a character like Vin Diesel's in "XXX." I found it rather humorous that the James Bond type gets killed in the first 5 minutes of the movie.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I chose Other.

I rather have a character like Vin Diesel's in "XXX." I found it rather humorous that the James Bond type gets killed in the first 5 minutes of the movie.

That's the most positive review for XXX I have ever heard. Now do XXX 2: State of the Union.

While were talking about less then extraordinary super agents, how about Remo Williams

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I suggest we also take OSS 117 in account.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

• 1 month later...

My answer: yes. The JBs are actually pretty homogenized now: they're all somewhat gritty, they all do CQC, they all use brawn and brains in combination, and they're all mentally unstable at times.

If I had to differentiate between them, I'd say Bourne is more about the Martial Arts, Bond more about charm, and Jack Bauer is about being gritty. Bourne might also win the mentally unstable competition, particularly based on the books.

For the record, I went with Bourne, because although some of the movie fight choreography (and the use of Matt Damon) made me go "ehh," I find the character concept most interesting at its core.