Bourne, 007, or Bauer

Bourne, 007, or Bauer  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which one(s) would you prefer Alpha Protocol's guy to be like?

• Jason Bourne
    • Jack Bauer
    • James Bond (any)
    • Someone who's name doesn't begin with a "J".

I'd love to see Bourne, but somehow it doesn't seem likely. The problem is that Bourne is very proactive, whereas Bond is re-active. In gaming it's difficult to have the player be pro-active and set things up like Bourne would, whereas it's easy to set things up and have the player react like Bond would.

So we'll probably see Bond instead of Bourne.

Hey folks, I'm new here and a huge fan of all 3- albeit for differing reasons. I like the fact the Jason Bourne is your basic everyman until something sets him off; I like Jack for his intuitive senses and ability to shift gears on the fly- and while I like Jason's Kali techniques, Jack struck me as more realistic when it comes to hand-to-hand combat. James Bond is just ultra-cool...and Sean Connery epitomized the character in a way that none ever has, and most likely, ever will.

I'm not big on the gadgets and I don't need a love interest to advance a game story so I'm looking at a Jack Bauer type with Jason's fighting abilities (the realistic fight stuff wouldn't be very sensational in a game, I do not think) and just a touch of Bond Sense. Heh.

Edited to add: I knew I should've read the posts all the way through- TOTALLY forgot about Mack Bolan; what an old school BAD AZZ that guy is! Good one!

Edited by Master Assassin

No sig necessary.

Daniel Freaking Craig.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

MATT DAMON!

Hmm. That's... that's not as funny when typed.

It's funnier if you add this:

Damon-team-america.jpg

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like story-wise, it's going Bourne.

Besides, I like the odds associated with Bourne movies. 24 would make a terrible RPG, raising ridiculous stakes to ever more ridiculous heights until the plot is completely useless. And Bond is outdated.

Actually, the game 24 for the PS2 was executed pretty well; despite the blocky models a la PS2 graphics, all of the voicework was excellent and used the show's actors for it. I found it pretty immersive - given the show's premise, it isn't hard to imagine what the outcome might be but it was still a lot of fun to play and they tried to make it more engaging by inserting segments that didn't involve your usual run and gun tactics; like disarming bombs (albeit a bit easier than I thought it would be), picking/hacking electronic locks, using SAT imaging to determine sniper posts prior to a VIP caravan passing through- all very interesting and made the game go by quick.

FTW Sean Connery is really the only Bond in my book.

No sig necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

What about Austin Powers?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

• 4 weeks later...
Powers in AP? o:)

I don't want to question Obsidian, but I doubt they'd be able to fit Austin Power's mojo into a compact disc.

Though it would be hilarious.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"