Bourne, 007, or Bauer

Bourne, 007, or Bauer  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which one(s) would you prefer Alpha Protocol's guy to be like?

• Jason Bourne
    • Jack Bauer
    • James Bond (any)
    • Someone who's name doesn't begin with a "J".

None of them stand a chance to the almighty Sean Connery.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I totally want to shock people with electrical wire, jab eyes with pencils and shoot people in the leg... just because. So I'm voting Bauer. :thumbsup:

Even better, Obsidian should hire Sean Conner, Matt Damon & Kiefer Sutherland to do three choosable voices for the PC. That would make everyone happy! :thumbsup:

... and blow the entire budget on voice actors. :lol:

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Sounds like story-wise, it's going Bourne.

Besides, I like the odds associated with Bourne movies. 24 would make a terrible RPG, raising ridiculous stakes to ever more ridiculous heights until the plot is completely useless. And Bond is outdated.

Edited by Pop

Sounds like story-wise, it's going Bourne.

And Bond is outdated.

NEVER

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I have never seen 24, so can't comment on Mr. Bauer.

Between Bond and Bourne, Bourne definitely, but the Bourne of the first movie please - no killing off the romanctic interest simply because the writers can't handle grown-up stories.

R.I.P. Marie :sad:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

And Bond is outdated.

You mean awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I really like the Bourne movies (yes, even the second one, despite them killing off Franka Potente in it) so I'm hoping for a touch of Bourne in this one. An every day guy who has skills above the ordinary.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And Bond is outdated.

You mean awesome.

No, I mean outdated. Even the Broccolis implicitly acknowledged this by retooling the franchise in a way that, like it or not, was heavily indebted to the fantasy-averse Bourne franchise. When I say "Bond" I mean "invisible cars, suitcase helipacks, laser watches, volcano hideouts and martinis". All of that, while still retaining some charm, is outdated, and would ill fit into a halfway-serious real world RPG.

Considering I find the Bourne movies boring and can hardly bring myself to sit through them I'd say James Bond.

You're referring the 80's Bourne Identity mini-series starring Richard Chamberlain and Jaqueline Smith right?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

What is it with the initials JB and action?! I noted in the poll the fact that all 3 names had J but didnt think about the last names! JB! All 3 of them! Aaaack! :aiee:

They do genetic profiling at birth, and only those predestined for greatness are allowed a name that would result in the initials JB. It's true!

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

What is it with the initials JB and action?! I noted in the poll the fact that all 3 names had J but didnt think about the last names! JB! All 3 of them! Aaaack! :aiee:

They do genetic profiling at birth, and only those predestined for greatness are allowed a name that would result in the initials JB. It's true!

Proof by counter-example:

JC Denton

Q.E.D.

Joey Buttafuoco

What is it with the initials JB and action?! I noted in the poll the fact that all 3 names had J but didnt think about the last names! JB! All 3 of them! Aaaack! :thumbsup:

Joey Buttafuoco

james%20brown.jpg

Bond is all style and not enough realism, that was just great for the 70s and 80s, not so much anymore.

Bourne, well the new one, not the one starring Richard Chamberlain was excellent, although the whole brainwashing thing got kinda old, not much material there for serializing unless you start off in another direction.

Bauer was great for a TV show but it's great weakness is the plot which is usually everywhere and nowhere at once, that just gets to be really annoying after a while.

For secret agent type I hope they find something more original and less generic.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

What is it with the initials JB and action?! I noted in the poll the fact that all 3 names had J but didnt think about the last names! JB! All 3 of them! Aaaack! :thumbsup:

Joey Buttafuoco

james%20brown.jpg

james_blunt.jpg

What is it with the initials JB and action?! I noted in the poll the fact that all 3 names had J but didnt think about the last names! JB! All 3 of them! Aaaack! o:)

Joey Buttafuoco

james%20brown.jpg

james_blunt.jpg

AnimalGallery2.jpg

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What is it with the initials JB and action?! I noted in the poll the fact that all 3 names had J but didnt think about the last names! JB! All 3 of them! Aaaack! o:)

Joey Buttafuoco

james%20brown.jpg

james_blunt.jpg

AnimalGallery2.jpg

2546810008.jpg