Guns!

Also, the handgun Haircut McSneakers is wielding on that front cover appears to be a Desert Eagle.

...and he's a CIA operative.

I imagine he stole it off someone else's corpse. Hello, RPG. The two main activities are killing and looting.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I want a P90 or a Pancor Jackhammer Shotgun.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I hope the game will have a 1911.

Just out of curiousity, what would a CIA operative use?

Well, the SIG-Sauer P228 is used in several Federal law enforcement agencies such as BATF, DEA, FBI, and the IRS. I don't don't know if the CIA uses it. The P226 is also used by the FBI and the US Coast Guard.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

how about a gun that shoots genetically enhanced, radioactive, flying termites that eat there way into the badguys and leave wounds that look remarkably similar to gunshots

or, you know... you could just have regular guns and be boring...

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

how about a gun that shoots genetically enhanced, radioactive, flying termites that eat there way into the badguys and leave wounds that look remarkably similar to gunshots

Turok 2 had that.

Turok 2 had that.

really?!

they stole my idea! :getlost:

Actually, Half-Life had that too. But the one in Turok 2 was cooler. It bored its way into skulls and then made them explode.

Edited by Tale

aw man, that's no fair

they must have copied my brainwaves while i was sleeping or something :getlost:

i should be getting paid for this dammit!

I hope the game will have a 1911.

Just out of curiousity, what would a CIA operative use?

Well most CIA agents will never wield anything more deadly than a rubber band during those deadly Langley office wars. If the few agents who actually go out and do stuff in the field are even issued a standardized weapon, I've never heard of it. I imagine what they're issued is dependent entirely on the mission and the geography. If they're in Afghanistan undercover, they'll get an AK47. If the mission calls for it, they'll be issued a rifle or a suppressed pistol.

I can't think of a single situation in which a CIA operative would be issued or would request a Desert Eagle, even if he's doing extreme soapshoe moves over darkened brick walls.

I can't think of a single situation in which a CIA operative would be issued or would request a Desert Eagle, even if he's doing extreme soapshoe moves over darkened brick walls.

Why would you presume he issued or requested it? Nothing about the image implies he's on official duty.

I do agree with your unstated point that it's probably there just to look extreme, however.

Edited by Tale

Regardless of how he got it, IT MAKES NO SENSE TO HAVE A DESERT EAGLE.

The thing weighs four and a half pounds and is loud enough to tell the whole world where he is.

Even if the bad guys are using Desert Eagles and they're all eccentric big game hunters, it's going to be silly.

Plus he is completely disregarding proper trigger discipline! Look at his finger! He's jumping over a wall extreme style with his finger locked around a very light trigger. Even if CIA operatives aren't issued weapons, they're taught not to do that. That's a negligent discharge waiting to happen.

That's a negligent discharge waiting to happen.

He's just that extreme. He probably runs with scissors, too.

I'm not so fond of the Desert Eagle myself, but I really hope they're going for an extensive weapons library in this game. It's so much fun to find (and use) different weapons throughout a game, even if they're not remarkably different. Just the idea of being able to choose your own favourite is so appealing to me.

Oh, and I love this weird Russian sniper rifle that you can find in various games. Forgot the name but it's big, loud and deadly.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Plus he is completely disregarding proper trigger discipline! Look at his finger! He's jumping over a wall extreme style with his finger locked around a very light trigger. Even if CIA operatives aren't issued weapons, they're taught not to do that. That's a negligent discharge waiting to happen.

How observant, but there must be evildoers flying in the skies! Perhaps if he could smash a crate with his Addias and get a pair of scissors...

Twitter | @Insevin