Character Creation and Customization

I could suspect that the character creation is something more Akin to NWN2

several different heads and such, but I thought it would've been awesome as something closer to the sims or Mass Effect character creation but within limits. I don't think Thornton would be a fat overweight guy, but that's just me.

But I am wondering though, I wonder if you can customize your weapons as well, kinda like Army of Two bwahaha pimped machine gun :):lol:

I don't see how [Mass Effect] can be better. It is the only game in a decade that has removed Fallout from its number 1 position in my top ten list.
If these games were novels, which they are not, PS:T beats both Fallout and Mass Effect, but since they are games and fun is a factor in games both Mass Effect and Fallout beats PS:T. Sheesh. :)

Okay, do you see the problem here?

First you say Mass Effect couldn't have been better because it is so perfect (:rolleyes:) then you say PS:T has a better storyline than Mass Effect.

Can you see where the contradiction lies? If PS:T has a better storyline than Mass Effect, then Mass Effect could have had a better storyline and thus been better. Unless you're arguing that having the ability to screw around with your character's face and make some meaningless decisions about their background is so great that it overrides having a good storyline.

Anyway, back to the main point of this thread: all I want is some possible male love interests for Michael. That's enough customizability for me. :brows:

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

Knowing the skill of Bioware, the story in Mass Effect couldn't have been better. They are Bioware, not Obsidian.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

You're ridiculous.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Sacred is the best RPG ever. Sure, the storyline wasn't that good and the combat system was taken straight from Diablo 2, but knowing Ascaron's skill, it really couldn't be any better.

20795.jpg

You're ridiculous.

No more than you, my dear Pixie Stick. :p

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Can you see where the contradiction lies? If PS:T has a better storyline than Mass Effect, then Mass Effect could have had a better storyline and thus been better. Unless you're arguing that having the ability to screw around with your character's face and make some meaningless decisions about their background is so great that it overrides having a good storyline.

Except that he already said that the fun in Mass Effect has little to do with the story alone, but of all the other gameplay elements coming togeather. Why do people have an issue with someone playing a game for fun? You get the same crap over guitar hero.

'wah wah, buy a real guitar, wah wah, stop having fun. Guys? Listen to me guys!'

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Except that he already said that the fun in Mass Effect has little to do with the story alone, but of all the other gameplay elements coming togeather. Why do people have an issue with someone playing a game for fun? You get the same crap over guitar hero.

So what? Story is part of the "quality package," if not the "fun package" (but come on, why are movies fun? Since story is all they have, even if that story is "James Bond has sex with a beautiful woman and blows things up," it's probably related to story). If you're arguing that Mass Effect couldn't have been any better, you better not say that there's some way that it is inferior to other products.

Knowing the skill of Bioware, the story in Mass Effect couldn't have been better. They are Bioware, not Obsidian.
That's the worst argument I've ever heard. I'd make a counterargument, but H Edited by Cycloneman
I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

If you're arguing that Mass Effect couldn't have been any better

He never said that

Tell me, what exactly is he saying here, then?
I don't see how it [Mass Effect] can be better.
there's some way that it is inferior to other products.

He already admited that.

Which is the contradiction, and my point.

Gee, I think someone needs some help in reading comprehension. If you took all that I said and use a tad bit of logic the bottomline is that Bioware couldn't have made Mass Effect any better, BUT I believe the game could have been better if Obsidian was at its helm.

The Nickster figured it out, why can't any of you?

Pffft

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Hades made it seem like he was saying Mass Effect couldn't have been any better because he thought it was perfect. It isn't wrong to assume he meant that, and knowing Hades, it's completely probable that anyone would think that. The thing is, he didn't say that, he just said he didn't think it could be any better, and left it at that. It left him room later to be able to explain himself more (read: make up something on the spot to get out of a contradiction he may find himself in at one point, because he always does). Whether he did it intentionally, or by some stroke of idiot savant-esque luck, we'll never know.

Gee, I think someone needs some help in reading comprehension. If you took all that I said and use a tad bit of logic the bottomline is that Bioware couldn't have made Mass Effect any better, BUT I believe the game could have been better if Obsidian was at its helm.

The Nickster figured it out, why can't any of you?

Smooth. You changed your argument.

What you actually said was "Mass Effect couldn't have been better" in response to the (valid) claim that pre-determined characters bolster immersion and plot.

Which means you're now contradicting yourself and implicitly accepting that pre-determined characters could have improved Mass Effect.

Hades made it seem like he was saying Mass Effect couldn't have been any better because he thought it was perfect. It isn't wrong to assume he meant that, and knowing Hades, it's completely probable that anyone would think that. The thing is, he didn't say that, he just said he didn't think it could be any better, and left it at that. It left him room later to be able to explain himself more (read: make up something on the spot to get out of a contradiction he may find himself in at one point, because he always does). Whether he did it intentionally, or by some stroke of idiot savant-esque luck, we'll never know.

I have always stated and will always state that there is no such thing as a perfect game.

Please prove how Mass Effect's story wouldn't have been better if they had limited character choices more.

I don't see how it can be better. It is the only game in a decade that has removed Fallout from its number 1 position in my top ten list.

Let's examine this post, eh?

First of all, the question is, how is it that Mass Effect's story - which you later describe as worse than that of PS:T - wouldn't be improved by limiting character choices? You respond saying you "don't see how it can be better," as though Mass Effect's story was perfect (snort). This implication (that it couldn't be better because it's so great) is reinforced by your next sentence, which is either a total non-sequitor or an intended supporting statement. You argue that you enjoyed it more than Fallout, thus enhancing the implication that it can't be better because it's already perfect. You push this impression up by saying that that it is now the number 1 game on you "top ten list" (which I can only presume is the "top ten games").

The prosecution rests.

It stands to reason that there cannot ever be a perfect game because games are created by imperfect beings. Fallout may have been the number one position of my favored games but it would be a mark of hubris if I believed that it was perfect.

It stands to reason that there cannot ever be a perfect game because games are created by imperfect beings. Fallout may have been the number one position of my favored games but it would be a mark of hubris if I believed that it was perfect.

Excellent counterargument, in that it wasn't excellent or a counterargument.

That post (note, paraphrasing) goes "Mass Effect couldn't have been any better," true? Then it says "I liked it more than Fallout, and now it's my #1 game."

The only logical way that the second could follow from the first is if you were attempting to support the first with the second, ie you liked it more than fallout, it's your #1 game, thus it couldn't have been any better.

If you want to either a) say a different logical relationship between the two points or b) admit that post has a non-sequitor and no one can understand what you're saying because you jump from subject to subject randomly, those would both disprove my point (ie you think Mass Effect couldn't have been better because it was so good).

Bioware couldn't do a better job with Mass Effect's story line however that does not mean that I think it is perfect nor does it exclude that I don't think that someone else, particularly the staff of Obsidian, could have done a better job. PS:T is better than Baldur's Gate, KotOR 2 is better than KotOR 1, NWN2 is better than NWN1, and MotB is better than SoU.

If this is turning into a general discussion on how good or bad Mass Effect is, there are some threads over in the Computer and Console forum of which this is only one, or you could start a new one.

I hope they don't have a formal 'character creation' screen at the start of the game. I'm always interested in what alternative ways there are of creating your character - like the fortune teller in Ultima or even the prison escape in Oblivion.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Well, it seems that we aren't creating a character in AP, but being given the Developers' character instead. We are probably jump right into the "tutorial" with a few skill points to distribute and that is it.