The rating?

Wasn't NWN2/MOTB T?

Heh, I remember that NWN1 was R-16 when it first came out in NZ, and I had to scout around until somebody was lazy enough not to check.

Yeah, I was 15, I think. Good times.

T games almost always have no blood or gore, and usually aren't as good overall as games that result with an M rating.

When the features that make a game 'M' are more than blood and gore (Call of Duty 4 being a good example), then i'll care. You're right in the sense that an M rating means that a game can explore it's subject matter more fully (which could be important in the case of Alpha Profile), but when the only excuse for an 'M' is the Soldier of Fortune ethos of 'lets make their heads fly off' then you're not going to see me give a crap, that stuff got old before I technically even allowed to play them.

Except in the case of carmageddon2 and the Gears of War chainsaw attack, both of which make me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I is wan to see nipples in all rating.

Big nipples

Pierced nipples

Hairy nipples

What. I have fetish fantasising men's nipples. Bite me.

There have been actual AO games?

If I am not mistaken, recalling Sega's early Aliens website, wasn't Aliens RPG meant to be 18+?

Edited by Zoma

HELLO! Its a spy game with your character being part of the CIA and the CIA, either directly or indirectly tortures people.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

• 2 weeks later...
HELLO! Its a spy game with your character being part of the CIA and the CIA, either directly or indirectly tortures people.

The CIA is frequently mis-represented in both the media and fiction. Real torture is very rarely used or supported by the CIA, and physical torture is basically forbidden.

You can have a perfectly fine spy game without torture and there are many literary/cinematic techniques you can use to explain how information was extracted; allusion/implication is a common and basic one if torture is really "necessary".

I don't really see how it's important to include an option for the player to torture somebody. Its contribution to improving the role-playing experience is questionable.

So its not the CIA who are waterboarding people, eh?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I wouldn't call waterboarding real torture. Not compared to splashing acid into someone's eyes, or killing their family members in front of them, as was and is done in many other places in the world. People who love to criticize the CIA for brutality don't seem to realize that covert intelligence isn't all sunshine and lollipops, and that the CIA uses just about the most humane interrogations techniques of any comparable agency that ever existed.

I mean what would you like them to do? Politely ask suspected spies and terrorists to tell what they know, and if they refuse, apologize for the inconvenience?

Edited by dan107

Policies on torture techniques allowed by US officials are very strict and have a requirement of not causing permanent physical damage. I don't defend the CIA, but to go around claiming it randomly tortures people is idiotic. Even in the cases it does authorise torture methods, do you really think it's a field agent that carries it out?

Supposedly there are about 14 CIA operatives in entire world who are authorised to carry out the interrogation techniques which border on torture, of which there are 6:

1. The Attention Grab: The interrogator forcefully grabs the shirt front of the prisoner and shakes him.

2. Attention Slap: An open-handed slap aimed at causing pain and triggering fear.

3. The Belly Slap: A hard open-handed slap to the abdomen. The aim is to cause pain, but not internal injury. Doctors consulted advised against using a punch, which could cause lasting internal damage.

4. Long Time Standing: This technique is described as among the most effective. Prisoners are forced to stand, handcuffed and with their feet shackled to a bolt in the floor, for more than 40 hours.

5. The Cold Cell: The prisoner is left to stand naked in a cell kept near 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celsius).

6. Waterboarding: The prisoner is bound to an inclined board, feet raised and head slightly below the feet. Material is wrapped over the prisoner's face and water is poured over him. Unavoidably, the gag reflex kicks in and a terrifying fear of drowning leads to almost instant pleas to bring the treatment to a halt.

Do you honestly think they follow rules? Are you one of the people who think Guantanamo isn't a concentration camp?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Read up on your history my friend. Comparing the CIA to the SS or the Gestapo is utterly absurd. Guantamo is a PoW camp, and one of the most humane PoW camps that ever existed. The foreign enemies of the United States that are held there are treated much more humanely by the CIA than a lot of countries treat their own citizens in their prisons.

And don't forget why they're doing this in the first place. Let's say you're an intelligence officer tasked with defending the national interests of your country. You're interrogating a guy that was caught somewhere in the mountains of Afghanistan. While his guilt has not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law, odds are overwhelming that he is one of the people that openely hates your country and has vowed to cause you as much death and destruction as possible. You also have reason to believe that he is in possession of information that will help you track down declared enemies of your country, and save your compatriots' lives. Are you really going to claim that turning him upside down and splashing a little water in his face to extract that information is not a reasonable course of action? Especially knowing that were the shoe on the other foot, people like him would have no hesitation about cutting your head off, and video taping it for the world to see?

Edited by dan107

Guantamo is a PoW camp, and one of the most humane PoW camps that ever existed. The foreign enemies of the United States that are held there are treated much more humanely by the CIA than a lot of countries treat their own citizens in their prisons.

Jesus ****ing christ...

Get real

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

If there's torture in Kotor, why can't there be a bit of torture in Alpha Protocol? Some form of rough interrogation is a must for Jack Bauer.

It doesn't nescessarily have to be over the top or graphic.