Buggggggs

Pop

Okay, I noticed when I posted in the Alpha Protocol forum that the quotation mark and apostrophe characters seem to cause a slash to appear in front of the character. I don't believe it's this keyboard.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Edited by Pop

I noticed but thought it was just a typo on your part. Ill go try something now.

EDIT: Just re-read your "story, context" thread and only see one slash, on the first word. The rest of the "quotes" display properly to me and didnt see notice any other apostrophe's.

Edited by Gfted1

I noticed but thought it was just a typo on your part. Ill go try something now.

EDIT: Just re-read your "story, context" thread and only see one slash, on the first word. The rest of the "quotes" display properly to me and didnt see notice any other apostrophe's.

I edited (most of) them out. Maybe it was just a fluke.

• 3 weeks later...

The buttons are screwed up in the Alpha forum as the image shows.

Plus I have to log into the forum everytime I sign back online, regardless if I have the "remember me" selected or not. I go to other forums that use Invision software and i always stay logged in.

post-15614-1206753334_thumb.jpg

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Heya D_R - which browser and such are you using? Is anyone else also experiencing this issue? D_R - can you also try it in an alternative browser - if you have one to help troubleshoot if it is browser specific?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

...I have to log into the forum everytime I sign back online, regardless if I have the "remember me" selected or not. I go to other forums that use Invision software and i always stay logged in.

Do you know if you are using a dynamic IP address? If so, that might be the problem - the forum asks you to log in every time the IP changes. Also, make sure you have cleaned out your old cookies, sometimes there is a bug if you have too many, and have your browser set to accept and remember them. :(

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I use Opera which happens to be a new install of the browser. That may explain the messed up images on the Alpha forums since it looks fine in IE.

My IP is dynamic but that isn't the issue since I stay logged in at other Invision message boards, which is what this forum software is.

2010spaceships.jpg

My IP is dynamic but that isn't the issue since I stay logged in at other Invision message boards, which is what this forum software is.

Are you sure that the other forums log the IP addresses and check them against the last one used? I believe this feature might have been a modification Obsidian built into their system - but I am not certain. Also, you might want to try Firefox or Internet Explorer to make sure it is not a problem with Opera - as I do not know if that browser is supported by the forum. :*

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

• 2 weeks later...

Two other Invision board forums I visit I am always logged in. Here I am not logged in but when I click to log in my name and password would appear and I just log in. That doesn't even show up any more.

2010spaceships.jpg