Story, context

I\'m wondering, James Bond had a little bit of an existential crisis when the Cold War ended. That GI cover shows what appears to be a general of some kind. Perhaps a villain?

Will this be a "classic" cold-war espionage type of deal, or will it be akin to the "new Bond" and the Tom Clancy oeuvre, focusing on terrorism and the prevention thereof? Or will it be both?

Also, what about NPCs? Pretty much the only way this game can play out is going solo, but what about recurring NPCs? Will there be a Q? An M? Or will it be a Bourne type of deal, with the agent on his own against massive organizations?

*Edit - Okay, it's going to be a Bourne sort of story

Alpha Protocol

Pre-Release Ships 2/17/09

Loyalty carries a price and no one knows this more than agent Michael Thorton. A talented young agent cast out by his government, Thorton is the only one with the information needed to stop an impending international catastrophe. To do so means he must cut himself off from the very people he is sworn to protect. As players determine how to accomplish different objectives, the decisions made and actions taken in each mission will ultimately transform the type of secret agent Michael Thorton will become. Every choice the player makes as Michael Thorton will carry consequences for his future and the fate of the world.

Edited by Pop

Considering this seems to be a real world RPG, how far will you go with the freaky technology, and the realm of magical plot events?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I wouldn't be suprised by the Bourne-references. Thorton looks a bit like Matt Damon after all.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It definitely sounds and looks more Bourne like. More about conspiracies from (potentially) rogue elements and going against them.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."