• SNES
    • Sega Saturn
    • Sega DreamCast
    • P/C
    • Mac
    • Linux
    • Atari systems
    • None on List 2
  3. 3. The Best System (Continued further)

• Gameboy DS
    • Gameboy Other
    • Evo: Phase One, GP2X, or Gizmondo
    • N-Gage, N-Gage QD, Tapwave Zodiac, or WonderSwan
    • Panasonic Q, Q Handheld, iQue, or NeoGeo
    • 3DO, Apple Pippin, PC-FX, Amiga CD2
    • Turbografx16, Amstrad, Pioneer, Supervision
    • Sega Nomad, Sega Master, Sega SG, Commodore
    • Vectrex, Intellivision, Magnavox, Fairchild, Coleco
    • Other (Unlisted)

:thumbsup: Comphrensive list.

List aided by Wikipedia.

I vote Xbox 360!

Microsoft Xbox 360 versus Sony Playstation 3

(Nintendo Wii not disscussed)

by Walkerguy - February 4, 2008

Edited March 3, 2008

The Xbox 360 was released on November 22, 2005, and the Playstation 3 November 11, 2006. Both consoles are part of the seventh generation of video games. Microsoft Xbox might be considered the better of the two.

The Xbox 360 is less powerful than Playstation, but for the price it is not only a better value but a better video game investment. Playstation 3 has 20, 40, 60, or 80 gigabyte hard drives versus the Xbox 360's 256 MB, 20 GB, or 120 GB. As seen here, Xbox offers an obvious choice: rare gamers for the Arcade (256 MB), moderate gamers for the Standard system (20 GB), or serious gamers for the Elite system (120 GB which has larger storage than any of the PS3's). Playstation 3 has a confusing system of going up 20 GB for each step up. Graphically, Playstation 3 has an upper hand, at a price however. Both systems have the same processor speed of 3.2 GHz, faster than many computers even. Playstation has Blu-Ray but Xbox 360 has HiDef DVD. Again, for a price Playstation beats Xbox- this time reverse compatibility with full PS and PS2 games being compatible on the PS3. Xbox 360 has almost all titles compatible just with a short wait while the 360 configures the older game. Playstation supports up to seven controllers but who is going to play splitscreen that's split more than four times!!? Xbox 360 supports the sane number of four controllers. Wireless is now the usual method for both systems' controllers, but wired can also be inter-mixed on either system. Playstation allows for connection to your screen via every method known to man, allows for extreme online speeds (for those who pay for extremely high speed Internet with the same respects to the cost) and has ports for memory sticks (Playstation line product) not to mention 4 USB ports opposed to Xbox's 3 USB ports. 360 has maybe considered lesser online connection abilities, but all PS3's fine points over Xbox yet again, are for the price. Playstation's online service has never been close to Xbox or Xbox 360's premium gaming service Xbox Live, and PS2's attempt was an utter failure. Playstation 3's service is also free which either means its inferior or the price will always be steeper for PS3. Xbox Live, whether Original or 360 edition charges about $60 from any seller for a year subscription (unless the guy is tossing his cash or ripping you off). The games are part of what matters most, and most gamers agree that Xbox 360's library is better than Playstation 3's selection, but it depends on preference. Many of the P/C's greatest hits debuted on the Xbox 360. Some prefer the Nintendo Wii over Xbox or Playstation due to the complicated bussiness about the other two consoles and they also think they'll get a workout. At any rate, Xbox's popular hit is Halo 3 by Bungie with approximately 8 million copies sold to date. Playstation 3's popular hit is Resistance: Fall of Man by Insomniac games with nearly 2 million copies sold. I won't complain about the individual games of PS3. (More of the best sellers are Assassin's Creed and BioShock) Of the console units themselves, Sony has sold 10.49 million PS3s (1/1/08) and Microsoft with 17.7 million 360s (1/3/08).

All this data concludes to that the console Playstation 3 is better than Xbox 360 Arcade or Standard, and equal to the Elite in terms of technology. Consumers have made it clear however that the online services, games, and overall popularity and approval of Xbox 360 is better than Playstation 3, though. Unforgettably the 360 is a better price and value (In my opinion PS3 prices could at least go down some!) And so if you don't already own a system, or you own the Wii, (c'mon the only people who get their money's worth out are the 12 and under) you have somewhat of an idea of what to expect of the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 and it would be my pleasure that you choose the Xbox 360.

Information is accurate and is taken from the respective consoles sites. :lol:

Twitter | @Insevin

Voice of Atton: I have a bad feeling about this...

Let's see how it turns out. Nothing to add, since I've never had one of those (besides a PC, so I can't compare).

...and your version number is a bit off. I think this is more like V1.42 or so :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

just a thought but y would u make this whole thing just to vote for the 360 when u coulda done that on the other one!!

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

To show that the xbox360 is not only superior to one other console, but many other consoles?

No idea. Generally these threads (like the previous 41 incarnations or so) tends to be short lived.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

just a thought but y would u make this whole thing just to vote for the 360 when u coulda done that on the other one!!

Its a better version than the other.

To show that the xbox360 is not only superior to one other console, but many other consoles?

No idea. Generally these threads (like the previous 41 incarnations or so) tends to be short lived.

People requested all kinds of other systems so I put them up. Sure, call it v1.42. :thumbsup:

Twitter | @Insevin

Where are the Spectrum, the Amstrad and the C64?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Where are the Spectrum, the Amstrad and the C64?

:ermm:

If we decide to ignore poll options completely, my Best so Far list goes something like C64, A4000, PC in about that order. I remember hating PC's when developer moved from the Amiga to the PC because of the primitive OS, inferior hardware and constant dumbing down of games :sorcerer:

Still, none of them are a match for the C64 when it comes to entertainment value.

There is no such thing as the Gameboy DS. You have the Nintendo Gameboy and the Nintendo DS. Nintendo has made it clear time and again that these are two seperate product lines (making the descision of Gameboy Advance games being playable on the Nintendo DS a bit bizarre).

Oddly enough, I do not consider myself a Nintendo fanboy, yet I voted for three Nintendo consoles. The NES (that thing has taken up more hours of my life than just about anything else), the Nintendo DS and the Nintendo Wii (because I enjoy new ways to play games).

Sheesh, people. Lighten up already!

PC and XBox 360 gets my vote.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

** Sigh **

I'm nothing wasting time doing another.... just choose "other unlisted!"

The problem may be because my sources didn't list all their models, too.

I really don't have any trash with China besides their communist regime and the fact I don't like eggrolls. Their people are usually nice if you can understand them. :lol:

If I recall correctly Britain had China on a leash forever by holding Hong Kong, only released like 11 years ago.

Ahem. So back on topic.

Twitter | @Insevin

SNES for the win. I like bad graphics and 2D tons better then good graphics + 3D, for some odd reason.

Other than that, I would have to say PC.

By the way, I had to vote on all three polls at once to vote on any. Just voted other on the third, and not on the first list for the first.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

How can anyone say the 360 is superior to the likes of PS1 and PS2? She-nan-igans

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."