Star Wars RTS - Needed

Yes there's beenmore than one of them over the years, I'd like a good TBS 4x game instead. I think Rebellion was supposed to be TBS originally, but then they decided to go with the flow and made it real time instead.

SODOFF Steam group.

There is 3 Star Wars RTS's plus expansion packs as far as I know

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Aside from there being Star Wars RTS already, Ensemble Studios is Microsoft owned. Would you really want a console as the primary platform with the PC version requiring Games for Windows LIVE? And the PC version potentially coming out a year later?

I think a 4X would be interesting, though.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Esemble is currently working on Halo Wars for the 360.

Console RTS is haha as a concept, but between this and End War we could see somthing that works.

Still, haha.

As far as a Star Wars RTS goes the universe has never really lent itself to the genre in a way that would inspire me to care about it more than Dawn of War 2 or Sins of a Solar Empire.

Past offerings are a testiment to this.

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

If I remember correctly, one of the Star Wars RTS games actually used the engine from Ensemble Studios' Age of Empires: Age of Kings

And if I recall correctly it was the Battlegrounds.

Can't say I liked it.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I think it was even made by Ensemble.

It played like a Star Wars mod to Age of Kings. The latter has a mongol horse archer rush, huns, turtle ships and awesome huskarl castle tanking, the former is a waste of time with horrible "tie-fighters" that float in atmosphere and a tiny Darth Vader jumping up and down when he attacks.

I did like the idea of making monks into jedi and the conversion of AoK into SW is semi-decent overall. It's worth trying if you liked AoK.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Damn that Battlegrounds or whatever it was... Worst **** ever, one of the most sucking RTS's I've ever played. It was like bad mod to Age of Empires. Retardation unlimited.

Even though game wasn't very good I have some fond memories on Force Commander back in the 90's *sigh*

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I think it was even made by Ensemble.

It played like a Star Wars mod to Age of Kings. The latter has a mongol horse archer rush, huns, turtle ships and awesome huskarl castle tanking, the former is a waste of time with horrible "tie-fighters" that float in atmosphere and a tiny Darth Vader jumping up and down when he attacks.

I did like the idea of making monks into jedi and the conversion of AoK into SW is semi-decent overall. It's worth trying if you liked AoK.

Heh, I've got Galactic Battlegrounds and its expansion, Clone Campaigns. It's good fun, actually; I still pull that one out once in a while. It was actually developed by LucasArts directly, sans the AoE engine.

Empire at war is pretty fun as well, though I'm finding it monotonous these days; it only holds my attention for so long before I have to move on to something else out of sheer boredom. That one is developed by Petroglyph.

Edited by ChorusOfOne

Intel Core i5 760 2.8 GHz / MSI P55-CD53 / 8 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series PC10666 1333 MHz DDR3 / MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti Hawk Edition 1 GB

I don't know about mods but all Ensemble has done appears to be Ages of Empires, Mythology, Ages of --- on and on, and then Halo Wars.

Just had to put a <3 to your signature ;D Stargate ftw :) you should check out the new Stargate movie :) (Stargate- Ark of truth)

anyways back to topic. StarWars has yet to see a decent RTS. Empire at War was fun for...say 3 hours. Then I realized "Hey, I'm doing the same thing...again...and again....and again :woot: "

Reminded me so much of EA games.

Good Graphics

Lame story

Gameplay? What's that? :teehee:

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?