Stargate Atlantis, SG-1 & Sci-Fi Channel Thread

walkerguy

Congratulations!

You win a prize of...oh wait, you don't.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Its called "Unending."

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Season 10, episode 20.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

what is that second ship in your sig

Spoilers.

th_02769_10_122_973lo.jpg th_02787_11_122_843lo.jpg th_02791_12_122_516lo.jpg

Daedalus (Stargate)

The second generation of interstellar space craft developed by the United States military and its allies. Commanded by Colonel Steven Caldwell, her original mission was to render aid to the Atlantis expedition trapped in the Pegasus Galaxy and defeat a convoy of Wraith hive ships bent on destroying the Ancient city.

The Daedalus is Earth's second deep-space battle cruiser and one of three Daedalus class cruisers. Other Daedalus class vessels include the Odyssey and the Korolev. Based on the model of the X-303 Prometheus, the Daedalus was outfitted with the best available technology, including Ancient, Earth, and Asgard technologies. Her first mission was to help defend Atlantis against the Wraith hive ships that were making their way to attack the city in the Stargate Atlantis episode "The Siege, Part 3." The ship's primary mission is now to ferry personnel and supplies from Earth to Atlantis, and then to travel back again, but the Daedalus often stays in the vicinity of Atlantis for some time before making another loop.

Key Daedalus Episodes

The Daedalus was sent to Atlantis shortly after the discovery of a full Zero Point Module in Egypt, due to the efforts of SG-1 and an Ancient time-travel Puddle Jumper. The ZPM's power was tied into the Daedalus's hyperdrive engines. With the extra power, the ship made the trip in only four days, covering 1,215 light-years per minute.

The Daedalus arrived just in time to rescue Lt. Col. John Sheppard from his suicide mission to destroy a hive ship in a cloaked Puddle Jumper. When Hermiod unlocked the transporters, Daedalus was able to beam nuclear warheads aboard the hive ships, destroying them. This method was soon rendered useless, as the Wraith learned to jam the transporter signal.

While returning Atlantis personnel to Pegasus Galaxy from Earth, in the episode "The Intruder," the crew discovered a Wraith computer virus on board the ship. The virus was intuitive, learning and expanding over time with the intention of shutting down key systems in order to kill the crew and deliver the Daedalus to the Wraith. Sheppard and McKay were able to isolate the virus in an F-302 and destroy it.

In the Season 3 opener, "No Man's Land," the Daedalus goes after two Wraith vessels on their way to Earth with McKay and Ronon Dex as prisoners on board. With the aid of the Orion, the Daedalus managed to rescue Sheppard, Ronon, McKay, and Michael, and destroy one hive ship while disabling the other. She was severely damaged in the battle and lost life support. Unable to fix the ship quickly enough for the crew's survival, the crew beamed a retrovirus on board the Wraith vessel, transforming the Wraith crew into humans. They took control of the hive ship and used it to tow the Daedalus back to Atlantis.

Technology

Defensively, Daedalus is outfitted with Asgard transporters and sensors and the Daedalus also has a set of ring transporters. Daedalus's weapons systems entail rail guns, Mark VIII tactical nuclear warheads, and Asgard plasma beam weapons to slice through Wraith vessels, upgraded during the fourth season. The Daedalus also carries sixteen F-302 fighters in her fighter bay.

The Asgard-designed transporters are usually locked to prevent the beaming of weapons. However, during the first battle with the Wraith, the transporters were unlocked by Hermiod to allow Daedalus to beam nuclear weapons aboard Wraith hive ships.

The Daedalus of course also has advanced shields and hyperdrive engines. The Daedalus' hyperdrive enables the ship to make the trip from Earth to Atlantis in just under three weeks, or 18 days. Until the series' third season, it was the only means of traveling from Earth to Atlantis.

Layout

• Bridge - The bridge of the Daedalus is an improvement over that of the Prometheus. The layout is much more open. The forward view port is wider to allow a greater visual field. This is particularly useful during battle situations, allowing several officers to make suggestions about how to proceed further without obstructing the captain's chair. The weapons officer sits to the right of the captain, and the helmsman to the left. Control panels are distributed around the room's edge, to the left, right, and back. The communication screen lies directly in front of the captain's chair.
  • Engineering - The engineering center has numerous control panels, with several specifically designed for the Asgard. Hermiod is typically the Asgard at these controls. Engineering provides a view of the Asgard hyperdrive engines.
  • Flight Deck - The deck consists of two hangar bays. The starboard hangar houses the F-302 fighters, while the port deck is used for re-entry. The entry doors are shielded to prevent decompression.
  • Officer's Mess - The mess is used for food service and socializing. Coffee and other beverages are always available.

Edited by walkerguy from original articles

Twitter | @Insevin

The Daedalus is Earth's second deep-space battle cruiser and one of three Daedalus class cruisers. Other Daedalus class vessels include the Odyssey and the Korolev.

Spoilers.

f8ba8c34d8.jpg

A battered Daedalus-class cruiser.

I meant to edit this in the original article. In order of construction (#).

Daedalus (1) - Active, primarily Pegasus Galaxy

Odyssey* (2) - Active, primarily Milky Way Galaxy

Korolev* (3) -
, Milky Way Galaxy.

Apollo** (4) - Active, primarily Pegasus Galaxy

Phoenix* (5) - Alternate timeline only
Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is wondering just when Atlantis Season 5 will air I have an estimate of July 11 according to stargate-news.com

Real release date depends on Sci-Fi Channel pick but Atlantis producers are ready for the summer, due the writers strike and lack of BSG episodes to fill the summer.

Just trying to get an actual date out there. :lol:

Twitter | @Insevin

That Firefly was unfinished was a real bummer, as the actual episodes were just beyond awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Speaking of suspension of disbelief, anybody know if it is true that humanoid Cylons supposedly have fibre optics in their brains? Considering human/Cylon hybrids and the fundamental uselessness of fibre optics for small-scale use, I'd be just a bit perplexed if the show actually made this claim.

But then, the show also claims that all 12 human colonies were habitable planets in the same solar system, so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised. BSG was always more about the drama than the science.

I dont believe it was fiberoptics. It was something else, mentioned by the number 2 model Adama encounters in the miniseries.

I guess this is the topic I should post this is.

How is Firefly? I saw the first 10 minutes of the movie Serenity last night, and it looked intriguing. Is the series any good?

I would say, the series is better than the movie. Your mileage may vary :)

Edit: I've read somewhere that the episodes of the series was shown out of order and with episode 1 missing or something. No such problem on the DVD boxed set :)

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone is wondering just when Atlantis Season 5 will air I have an estimate of July 11 according to stargate-news.com

Real release date depends on Sci-Fi Channel pick but Atlantis producers are ready for the summer, due the writers strike and lack of BSG episodes to fill the summer.

Just trying to get an actual date out there. :thumbsup:

6c089cfb48.jpg

Click ^

July 11 premier of Stargate Atlantis S5 appears to be on the schedule now. Yay! :biggrin:

Twitter | @Insevin

• 4 weeks later...

Stargate Continuum is coming out next month. And it's going to have a Blu-Ray release!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

All of the episodes of Firefly are available on http://www.hulu.com/firefly.

I really enjoyed the series. My only real complaint would be a few very odd calls on part of the captain. Willing to let some real 'evil' villains live while killing other lesser people without a problem.

Episode 12: The Message is my least favorite. A decision near the end of the episode shows the captain as either being extremly stupid, or extremly uncaring about his 'friends'.

This is a relatively minor complaint though, compared to how consistently awesome the episodes are. ;)

Well, episode 1 of season 5 was a bit boring. At least they ended the Michael plot-line, though. It was seriously going nowhere.

I would really like if that would be true. Michael was always one-episode-villan who got dragged along way way too long. Still, I think he stole the cloaked puddle jumper from wraith hangar and survived. ;)

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Well, episode 1 of season 5 was a bit boring. At least they ended the Michael plot-line, though. It was seriously going nowhere.

I would really like if that would be true. Michael was always one-episode-villan who got dragged along way way too long. Still, I think he stole the cloaked puddle jumper from wraith hangar and survived. :(

I think he survived, too, but I didn't venture as to how - that makes an unfortunate amount of sense.

Damn, and here I thought they'd used common sense and dropped an obviously dull plotline as a symbol of the season taking a fresh turn.

Stargate Continuum is coming out next month. And it's going to have a Blu-Ray release! <3

Continuum and Stargate Atlantis on Sky One.

If you guys are talking about Stargate Atlantis, then... WTF! However you guys saw it, please put info in spoiler tags until August 19, when it airs in Britain (of whom I think are the last to get it).

Twitter | @Insevin

Stargate Worlds is either going to be really good or really really bad.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.