Do you yanks think we euros are poking around too much in your politics?

Kaftan Barlast

Me and mum were talking about politics and the US election today and in the middle of it I realised that we were discussing it as if we werent Swedes across the atlantic, but as if we actually had say in the matter. I know it will have consequences for the rest of the world, but if you read the news, your election is getting as much, if not more coverage than ours. Isnt that a bit silly?

Personally, I blame the media for americanizing us to the degree that we subconsciously consider ourselves US citizens. Just look at whats on tv right now: the west wing, law&order, xena warrior princess, the xfiles, jay leno, conan, the Oz, V.I.P, and some weird american documentary about gambling... the only swede program on is the 24h news and theyre actually reporting on the us election :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yeah, you guys should just mind your own business and stop pretending to understand all of our problems and the seemingly simple solutions that go along with them. Actually, that applies to the Americans too.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It's no worse than people debating what the Royal family should and shouldn't do. It's not as if we have any choice in that either.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Speak for yourself! Call me a Yank one more time and I'll YANK you.

In places

anyway, yes I think (some) Euros get to involved in the USA's politics. I say "some" because the a few of you actually know what you're talking about when you agree, or disagree, with what we're doing in the world. Unfortunately, a lot of Europeans preach the same thing over and over again "GET OUT OF IRAQ" and all that junk. Personally, I don't think we belonged in Iraq in the first place but we're there now and we can't just up and leave. Whether or not Europeans "poke around" too much isn't really the problem, it's where they poke, and how hard that is.

Edited by Krookie

I think there's a massive amount of Euroweenie going on. We're always saying OMG Amerika is the worst EVAR, without any real concept of

a) the bad stuff we've done

b) the bad stuff we'd have had to do if the Yanks didn't do it for us

c) the bad stuff being done by the people we claim to admire

d) good ol' fashioned inferiority complex

Basically, I don't think Euroweenies poke at US politics for any purpose other than trying to knock it, and make themselves feel superior.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect

Who cares?

Poke around whatever you want.

It's when you start blabbering about the same **** in public that it becomes annoying, but that's a different situation to what you're saying, Kaft.

Yeah, you guys should just mind your own business and stop pretending to understand all of our problems and the seemingly simple solutions that go along with them. Actually, that applies to the Americans too.

That's the biggest problem of them all.

That is what I have been telling people all my life. Does anyone listen? Nope.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

That is what I have been telling people all my life. Does anyone listen? Nope.

What? I can't hear you when you speak from under that duvet.

-Elwood Blues

I think there's a massive amount of Euroweenie going on. We're always saying OMG Amerika is the worst EVAR, without any real concept of

a) the bad stuff we've done

b) the bad stuff we'd have had to do if the Yanks didn't do it for us

c) the bad stuff being done by the people we claim to admire

d) good ol' fashioned inferiority complex

Basically, I don't think Euroweenies poke at US politics for any purpose other than trying to knock it, and make themselves feel superior.

Euros are just mad because we had to intervene in your two little world wars and put an end to it. :yucky:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Euros are just mad because we had to intervene in your two little world wars and put an end to it. :yucky:

Yeah, it's funny how you've won all your wars since then too.

Wait, wait, nevermind.

Look ma, I can troll too!

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

bleh, ww1 was almost over by the time you showed up, and the Ruskies won ww2 for all of us on the eastern front. We just help clean the place out.

That WW2 bit isn't so simple and part of americans shouldn't be dismissed, but yeah, soviets had clearly bigger impact on war than americans though. Only dimwits who believe in Hollywood think americans won the war for europeans

As for ww1... well, America siding with Brittons was definitive answer to wars outcome, after that victory for Entente countries was inevitable. But before that it was one bloody stalemate that could've ended both ways really, though I doubt germans could've defeated Royal Navy and conquered England. France on the other hand...

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

An interesting 'what if' scenario comes forth if the British had been clear victors at the battle of Jutland, since it would have left Berlin wide open.

As with all things in WW1 though, the biggest enemy the british armed forces faced was their own officers.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

True

Just how many casualties did all sides take in 1914-15 only because officers moved their forces like in Napoleon-era (ignoring of course that enemies had ****ing gatlins) *sigh*

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

What movies depict the U.S. winning the war for Europe?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

An interesting 'what if' scenario comes forth if the British had been clear victors at the battle of Jutland, since it would have left Berlin wide open.

Another interesting 'what if' scenario comes forth if the Germans had won and left the North Sea and Channel dominated by the Kriegsmarine (since airforces was of no consequences for navies yet)

True

Just how many casualties did all sides take in 1914-15 only because officers moved their forces like in Napoleon-era (ignoring of course that enemies had ****ing gatlins) *sigh*

Sadly, it became a war of attrition to see who could kill off the other sides generation of young men first. The US impact was mostly the moral boost, which convinced friend and foe that only one outcome was possible now. Having bled France, Belgium, UK, Austria-Hungary & Germany dry, a new player with an untapped source of not yet dead young men was a major shift in the balance of resources.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have several reasons on why the US politics interest me:

- I have relatives in Montana and Arizona (In Canada as well). It's a family thing.

- Our economy is completely dependent on the US economy. It's a economy thing.

- Rock n' Roll, bubblegum, musclecars, hollywood and all that. It's a culture thing.

- The last thing, speaks for many people, i guess. Very young in school, you read in history class about the american revolution against the british, the declaration of independence and creation of the constitution, the best piece of paper ever written. "Damn, that country sounds like the best thing ever. It is paragorn of freedom and liberty", you think. Add everything from the above statements, and you have created an image, closest thing to an utopia.

Then you hear something about that they have to pay for healthcare. But you think: "Well, they're so rich and prosperous, it's like buying a set of shoes for them. Hardly any deal for them, i hope."

Then, you hear about having to pay for college or university. But again you think: "Well, they're so rich and prosperous, it's like buying a set of shoes for them. Hardly any deal for them, i hope".

Then you hear from your relatives that "that's not exactly the case". Damn, maybe they just need to some time to fix it. They are smart people, and with that enormous wealth of theirs, they can surely afford the best education that there can be, and think things out, you think.

Then you turn on american channels on the TV, and let's say for the sake of argument, the FOX news channel. Then your blood starts to boil.

You cool yourself down a bit, thinking: "Well, not everyone can be like that, shallow without any substance or integrity". After all, they won the cold war right? You fondly remember Reagan telling Gorbatjev: "Tear down this wall now!". Yeah, can't be that bad, can it? So you go nostalgic and read a bit american history, you know, to ensure that this is just temporary, right? As you read more, you start to wonder: "In the last 100 years, only two parties have had congress, senate and presidency. That doesn't sound like there's enough diversity in the public opinion". Ok, ok. Let's say that they are the only ones with interest of free speech, free press, freedom of religion and so on, and the rest of them are commies or nazis.

Then you start to read about the Cold War. Naively thinking that, The Soviets were the supreme being of evil, going into Aghanistan, Hungary, Czeckoslovakia, the whole iron curtain and so on. But then, you read about Guatemala, Iran, Iraq, Nicaragua and start sniffing more about Vietnam. And that's it, the final nail in the coffin with another tour to Iraq. You want to scream: "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! HOW CAN YOU ELECT THESE BAFFOONS?! WHY CONTINUE WITH THIS MADNESS?!"

Then you calmly debate on the forums.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That was...perfect