Mysteries of Westgate

ok, i have to admit I am being lazy and didnt read the about 110 comments regarding the new NWN2 module :ermm:

so I ask you what info you have about MoW till now, and if you want it to be not just a downloadable option as it is whispered to be (i personally would like to buy it in a shop, i hate to online-shop)

what i have about this module is only older info, so maybe it even has an other name by now or was cancelled (however i personally don't think it was)

was there any official comment about the 2nd nwn2 expansion yet?

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

Just from memory, it's a city adventure set in the city of Westgate. Westgate is the type of city where anything goes basically, as long as you get the cash with ya. The story will involve the player finding out about a cursed (coincidence as Westgate and MotB were developed at the same time with no connection to each other) item that is in his possession.

There will be 3 companions that can be recruited, 2 women and 1 man.

I believe it will start at level 8 if I remember correctly (or around that area).

Supposedly Ossian set out to make lots of choices for the player, and we will get to do huge choices in terms of the main storyline as well.

Athkatla in Baldurs Gate 2 was the main inspiration in trying to create that wonderful city atmosphere.

It will probably be released shortly after the 1.12 patch is released (which is in beta at the moment), as that patch contains a system for identifying that you're running a proper bought copy. It won't be released as a regular game to stores. A key-code for the download will be provided in an upcoming NWN2 release though (together with NWN2 itself and Mask of the Betrayer).

It will feature around 15 hours of gameplay, though that will likely vary a lot depending on how many sidequests you do.

It will feature voiceacting.

There will be custom music, composed by dude who also did the music for Darkness over Daggerford.

That's most of what I can remember at the moment.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm somewhat curious about this MoW mod, even though I always connect big city modules with clunky framerates and camera issues.

well, the last Ossian module that was done for NWN1 was the best of the whole bunch, and it was even a cancelled Premium mod, ergo it was for free to dl :lol:

IB1OsQq.png

Well, NwN 2 didn't handle city areas well. The lowest frame rates were there. Mulsantir in Mask of the Betrayer ran pretty good for me though, so I'm hopefull Mysteries will run more like Mask.

I agree btw, about Darkness Over Daggerford being excellent. It was ironic that it was the best of the 'premium modules' despite being cancelled. :lol: