wine discussion

Walsingham

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...75&start=75

Wine recommendations?

In general I prefer Chilean and Argentine reds, although I'll also take southern Italy. The biggest refinement I'd suggest is that for European wines 2003 seems to have been a marvellous year.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect

Yeah, Aussie's the way to go mate.

I'm talking Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Grenache, Pinot Noir.

If you want to go for whites, go for Chardonnay, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon.

Now I don't know if you can get your hands on all of these wines or not, but I'd wager there's a good chance you should be able to.

I'm sick of people slagging off South African wines. They buy cheap plonk at 3.50 a bottle and somehow excuse this by pretending it's awful vbecause it's South African!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'll slag off whatever I want!

;)

*repeatedly hammers insta-kill moderation button and wonders if it's actually connected to anything.*

-Elwood Blues

I grew up on Spanish and Portugese wine, so I really love that special earthy, bready taste they have. Strangely, Im not good at Spanish grapes. Second after that, to no surpise comes the french wines, full-bodied Pinot Noir or Merlot with my steak.. *drools*

What I dislike the most is Shiraz and those disgustingly sweet Alsace white wines.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

For Reds, I usually prefer chilean and argentinean as first choice, south african and spanish as second choice. The rest are 'Meh!' as far as I am concerned. Usually I drink Shiraz... yes, I am a plebeian when it comes to wine.

For whites, I do prefer either kiwi Chardonnays or some of the local south australian stuff.

Rose ('e' with an accent that I can't find on my keyboard) "wine" is an oxymoron. A bastard child with none of the good qualities of its parents ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

No, don't! :'(

It's no good. I keep getting slices of toast.

Anyway, if we're talking varieties I'm a fan of Chianti, and Grenache. Or the real ales of grapes. Strangely, in spite of its cachet I can't stand barolo.

Whites i don't usually like, but I had a very very good but inexpensive 'green' wine from Portugal the other night. Very slightly fizzy (petillant) it complimented the tapas superbly.

-Elwood Blues

Guest The Architect

You're lucky you're not getting a slice of my fist!

You're lucky you're not getting a slice of my fist!

I boil the slice and make a knuckle sandwich.

-Elwood Blues

Guest The Architect

Nuh-uh. This is one knuckle sandwich you're not getting!

I mean!

I'll kick your old British buttocks into the next Supernova!

So yeah, wine is good. Drink it. It's good for you.

Whites i don't usually like, but I had a very very good but inexpensive 'green' wine from Portugal the other night. Very slightly fizzy (petillant) it complimented the tapas superbly.

Vinho Verde isnt really white wine, but its definently awesome. The best kind of non-red wine to go with food, any kind of food.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Is it possible to drink wine and enjoy it without food e.g cheese?

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Yes, definitely :shifty: I don't enjoy red wine if it isn't accompanying any food (in most cases*), but I don't mind a glass of white just for enjoying the fresh taste. I'm not a connaisseur however, otherwise I might be telling you completely different things.

*If Port counts as a red wine, that would be one exception.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Is it possible to drink wine and enjoy it without food e.g cheese?

Absolutely! Finer wines should in fact be drunk with only a glass of water on the side, so the taste isnt ruined. For the first glass atleast

...but red wine always makes me really hungry so I have to eat something with it.

On the Jeddah-London BMI flight, the attendants come round serving wine within five minutes of the plane taking off - beer too, of course, but most people seem to go for the wine.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Steve, that's for you poor sots out in the drylands. :*

I suppose one could drink wine without food, but why do so? Good food and good wine go together. As one of my French colleagues woudl say, to have one without the other is [censored].

-Elwood Blues