Wii

Big Bottom

So I just secured myself a Wii, and I don't think I've been as excited about a game related purchase in many years. The prospect of playing a truly great Mario game (finally!), Mario Kart, Smash Brothers and whatever else comes out is making me giddy. Add in online play and the recently-exploding homebrew prospects and it adds up to all kinds of awesomesauce. I was forced to spend extra on Mario Strikers and Paper Mario, but I don't mind since Strikers looks like the sort of game I can play with my nephew and Paper looks pretty cool anyway...although after having spent around

Any of you guys play?

I got one last week, and it's fun - plus I should be able to get my pre-ordered copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl soon. Zelda is good, as is Mario Galaxy, but other than Wii Sports those are the only games I have so far. :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I've been playing Paper Mario which is loads of fun...it's a 2D platformer with RPG elements and Z axis jiggery-pokery. And Mario Strikers is pretty nice too, at least in multiplayer. Can't wait to play this with my nephew. Overall it's a pretty great system, well worth the money imho. I now have a nice collection of outlandish celebrity Miis I downloaded from the Mii contests. Going to play golf with the South Park baby now. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Brawl looks cool, but how it's been handled is pretty bad. I wish they'd stop giving you old characters as secret characters and new characters as normal characters, and stop making old stages secret stages and stop making bloody new stages normal stages. It's annoying the heck out of me. I also wish they'd stop putting crap like the Dragoon and Final Smash, and the Assist Trophies, in it, as well. And all the overly-rigged Pokemon. Just makes the game unfair. It's like get this, and basically, you insta-win! And stop putting old characters no one gives a crap about in the game, (Falco, for example, I hated him with all my heart for sucking so bad in Melee, as well as having the most annoying AI possibly made for a character).

Well, at least they had some bright rays of ideas. Pit and Meta-Knight, for example. When I saw Pit added as a character, I nearly feel out of my chair from surprise, as Kid Icarus, (starring Pit as the protagonist), was my favorite game on the regular GameBoy. Lucario also looks like it's going to be my favorite character. The first time I saw him, I just imaged him as another Mewto, but as I was looking at the abilities, I was obviously very wrong, :(

Hey, can some one post a picture with the stage selection screen with all the stages unlocked? Because from all the stages they made, it seems like that screen is going to be quite big...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• 3 weeks later...