MCA is the lead designer on OEI's unannounced Unreal 3 project

funcroc

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<<3<<3<3<3<3<3

I guess it's Georgia, but I can't help hoping it would be some new game :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Maybe it is the CIA/FBI/NSA-rpg that there were rumors about?

But of course, i clearly remember MCA stating that if he ever did another KotOR game, he would ditch the Odyssey-engine and specifically pick the Unreal Engine 3.0 instead. Feargus stated the same as well, when talking about future KotOR games.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Maybe it is the CIA/FBI/NSA-rpg that there were rumors about?

But of course, i clearly remember MCA stating that if he ever did another KotOR game, he would ditch the Odyssey-engine and specifically pick the Unreal Engine 3.0 instead. Feargus stated the same as well, when talking about future KotOR games.

I remember someone saying somewhere MCA was very happy with his new job/whatever and we know he has been dying (wel, that's exaggaration but anyway) to finish his storyline for KotOR :)

It is either PG or Kotor 3 (I hope for latter but doubt it)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

"To hell with the fantasy-tripe, you furries. Any rational being would want the CIA-game" -Kaftan

There, now we got that out of the way, we can continue this discussion.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

meesa so confused :/

Well, yes, if it wasn't for the fact OE has claimed to go "Three titles route" meaning if they had new project it would've been their fourth. And as funcroc put, Raymond Holmes doesn't have tag anymore.

Logical conclusion is that Avellone is for Lead Designer was PG

Edited by Xard

Can't the Devs stay put around for one complete game cycle at least? :\

It kinds of feel sucky to see Devs posting here around somewhat regularly(?) only to go PONG! on us before they can start showing off the secret project of theirs.

Well, yes, if it wasn't for the fact OE has claimed to go "Three titles route" meaning if they had new project it would've been their fourth.

What are the other three then? Aliens, PG and? Or do you mean the rumored NWN2 expansion? Why can't MCA be the lead on that one? Maybe he is happy because he got to do a campaign that takes place in the planes or something like that?

Well, yes, if it wasn't for the fact OE has claimed to go "Three titles route" meaning if they had new project it would've been their fourth.

What are the other three then? Aliens, PG and? Or do you mean the rumored NWN2 expansion? Why can't MCA be the lead on that one? Maybe he is happy because he got to do a campaign that takes place in the planes or something like that?

Because the NWN2 expansion isn't using the Unreal engine?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'd say NWN2 expansion is unofficial fact. Best example are certain posts at Codex by Obsidian employees and Atari's whatever report thingy ;)

Besides, NWN2 doesn't use UE3 engine. Neither does Aliens game. However, it is confirmed that Project Georgia DOES use UE3 engine making it even more likely that he is lead on PG

edit: hey, Sawyer is here. Could you tell us something if we ask nicely? Pleeeaaase :*

Edited by Xard

Ha! Confirmation ;)

Can you tell us when we might get some actual info on the game?

Huge thanks J.E for letting us know ;)

I guess some of us might've actually be worried that this game would've had PNJ's fate so it's great to finally have some info out

I'd say NWN2 expansion is unofficial fact. Best example are certain posts at Codex by Obsidian employees and Atari's whatever report thingy :*

I am aware of the report by Atari and agree that the second NWN 2 expansion is (thankfully) very likely, but can you point me to those designer posts you mention? Thanks!

Ugh, you better ask from Starwars, I honestly can't remember the topic since I only occasionally lurk there :p

Edited by Xard

It's Anthonys post on the first page of this thread: http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=22703

It could be trickery as well, one could interpret the post both ways really. But since Atari has that in their sheet thingie, then I'm choosing to believe it.

If it is in the works, I really wonder who the main guy on it will be. I thought George Ziets did a marvellous job on Mask of the Betrayer.

EDIT: Hah, looks like I'm the official Codex -> Obsidian boards spokesperson. ;)

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0