NFL 2008 Season

Kelverin

Titans interested in WR Horn? LINK

New England Patriots Tom Brady (QB) Placed on IR (knee). Reggie Hodges (P) practice squad deletion

Patriots change mind on Simms, Rattay

"The mysterious Patriots keep getting more mysterious. They brought in quarterbacks Chris Simms and Tim Rattay on Monday. Once they arrived, they were told the situation had changed and they no longer were needed.So Simms and Rattay left Foxborough, Mass., without a workout or a contract.

The Patriots have to have something in the works

Edited by Kelverin

QB's Mother: Titans' Young 'Hurting Inside'

Sep 10, 12:07 PM (ET) Email this Story

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -The mother of Titans quarterback Vince Young said he indicated he doesn't want to play football and is "hurting inside and out."

Felicia Young said in Wednesday editions of The Tennessean that her son is tired of all the negativity he's faced after being booed during a 17-10 win Sunday over Jacksonville. On Monday, Titans coach Jeff Fisher called police to help find him.

"What would you think, if you were tired of being ridiculed and persecuted and talked about and not being treated very well, what would you do? What kind of decision would you make?" Felicia Young said "He may not want to deal with it (all), but you have to get to that point before you make that decision first.

"But we're not talking about football right now. We're talking about what would make him happy, and that is the most important thing."

The phone number for Young's home is unlisted, and his agent, Major Adams, did not answer his cell phone Wednesday morning. The Titans did not immediately return a message left by The Associated Press.

This isn't the first time that Young has talked of wanting to quit football. He told a reporter last spring that he thought of retiring after his rookie season, a statement he said later was taken out of context.

The No. 3 pick overall in the 2006 draft, Young won the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and followed up by helping the Titans reach the playoffs last season with a 10-6 record. He has been criticized for his passing struggles, with nine touchdowns and 17 interceptions in 2007.

His mental state has been in question since being booed Sunday after his second interception during the Jacksonville game. He didn't want to go back into the game until prodded by Fisher.

He sprained the medial collateral ligament in his left knee four plays later and could be out for up to four weeks. Fisher said Tuesday night he is only ruling Young out for Sunday's game at Cincinnati.

Young didn't go to the team's offices Monday and postponed his MRI exam until Tuesday. He met with a psychologist at his home Monday along with Fisher and another team official.

Four hours of uncertainty followed Monday night when Young left his home without his phone, prompting someone at his home to call Fisher. He called police to help find the quarterback and had a meeting late Monday night with Young and police crisis negotiators at the team's headquarters.

Young later drove home.

Felicia Young said her son needs some space.

"It is hard, all he is going through right now. He's hurting inside and out," she told the newspaper.

"But he will be fine if people are prayerful and help my baby boy out. He is a young man. He just needs a lot of love and support."

I cant help but think he would be much better off if his mother would just STFU. Shes just making him look like a Sally.

Shes just making him look like a Sally.

:lol:

Wise move.

He probably should have shut it down before the season started and saved us a roster spot, but at least he tried to play......

MERRIMAN WAS TOLD TO HAVE SURGERY AFTER THE 2007 SEASON

"Peter King of Sirius NFL Radio (and virtually every other media outlet covering pro football, and a few that don

Edited by Kelverin

Favorite Spread Underdog

9/14

At Kansas City -3.5 Oakland The faiders are a mess :lol::lol:

At Cincinnati -1 Tennessee Do not like K. Collins

Indianapolis -1.5 At Minnesota Should be a good game, both teams are pissed after last week

At Washington PK New Orleans Washington looked really bad last week.

Green Bay -3 At Detroit

At Carolina -3 Chicago Are either of these teams for real? Might be the best game this week.

NY Giants -8.5 At St. Louis

At Jacksonville -5 Buffalo

At Tampa Bay -7 Atlanta

At Seattle -7 San Francisco

At Arizona -6.5 Miami

At NY Jets -1.5 New England How say's the QB is not the most important position in the NFL

At Denver PK San Diego Chargers beat the donks 63-6 in two games last year has the pendulum swung completely. No way SD

Pittsburgh -6 At Cleveland

Monday Night Football

9/15

At Dallas -7 Philadelphia Eagles might win outright. The NFC east where anything can happen

At Houston -4.5 Baltimore

Favorite Spread Underdog

9/14

At Kansas City -3.5 Oakland (Both these teams look incredibly bad, so I'll take the points.)

At Cincinnati -1 Tennessee

Indianapolis -1.5 At Minnesota (Which is the bigger mismatch? Peyton v. MIN's secondary, or Peterson v. IND's run D? I'll say Peyton gets a late score to win it.)

At Washington PK New Orleans (I don't like NO's run defense, but they should be able to outscore the Redskins.)

Green Bay -3 At Detroit

At Carolina -3 Chicago

NY Giants -8.5 At St. Louis

At Jacksonville -5 Buffalo (The Jags are pulling guys out of the stands to play Guard. They're a better team than BUF is, but 5 points is too many.)

At Tampa Bay -7 Atlanta (Unfortunately for Altanta's offense, they can't play the Lions every week.)

At Seattle -7 San Francisco

At Arizona -6.5 Miami

At NY Jets -1.5 New England (The Jets barely beat the Dolphins last week-- even with Cassel at QB, NE is a much tougher nut to crack.)

At Denver PK San Diego (I don't trust Denver's D yet. But if they can improve up front, they might take this one-- Cutler looks very good, and Rivers, well, doesn't.)

Pittsburgh -6 At Cleveland (The Steelers' OL is going to hurt them when they play a team with a good front-7. But that's not this week.)

Monday Night Football

9/15

At Dallas -7 Philadelphia (This is my biennial "root for a meteor to crash into the stadium" game.)

At Houston -4.5 Baltimore (I think Houston has a good shot, but 4.5 points is too many here.)

Edited by Enoch

Score!

I have managed to not-so-subtly invite myself over to my sister-in-law's house to watch the games tomorrow. The Giants game I want to watch isn't being televised in my area, and she and her husband have the satellite package that gets all the games. In return, I will bring lunch. I'm gonna roast a whole chicken for dinner tonight, and use the leftovers to make a chicken salad tomorrow morning. I think I'll make some guacamole, too.

Edited by Enoch

Ravens-Texans game moved to Week 10

Damage sustained by Reliant Stadium during Hurricane Ike has forced the further postponement of the Ravens-Texans game. More

LINK

Baltimore Ravens' revised schedule

Date Oppenent Time

Sept. 14 Bye

Nov. 9 at Houston Texans 1 p.m. ET

Cincinnati Bengals' revised schedule

Date Oppenent Time

Oct. 26 at Houston Texans 4:05 p.m. ET

Nov. 9 Bye

Houston Texans' revised schedule

Date Oppenent Time

Sept. 14 Bye

Oct. 26 Cincinnati Bengals 4:05 p.m. ET

Nov. 9 Baltimore Ravens 1 p.m. ET

League Will Look Into Changing Fumble Rule

Sep 15, 4:14 PM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) -The NFL will look into the inadvertent whistle rule that required officials to give the ball back to Denver in the final seconds of Sunday's game with San Diego.

League spokesman Greg Aiello said the NFL competition committee will look into the rule in the offseason, perhaps changing it as it did the "down by contact" rule.

The play occurred with the Broncos at the Chargers 1-yard-line in the final minute. Denver quarterback Jay Cutler dropped back to pass, the ball slipped out of his hands, bounced off the grass and into the arms of San Diego linebacker Tim Dobbins.

Referee Ed Hochuli ruled it an incomplete pass. Replay ruled it a fumble, but it was spotted at the 10-yard line, where the ball hit the ground, and given to Denver because the rules did not permit possession to be awarded to San Diego because the whistle had blown.

Denver went on to score, convert a 2-point conversion and win 39-38.

Coach Norv Turner said he spoke with NFL officials Monday and that the Chargers sent in video of the plays in question.

"As for things that occurred during the game, in my mind, they're done," Turner said. "We sent the plays in to the league that we had in question. We expect to get a response back. Anything that we talk about or anything that is discussed in terms of any of the rules or any of the calls isn't going to change the outcome of that game. That game is going to be 39-38, forever."

Until March 2007, down by contact plays were not reviewable. That rule was changed so that they were reviewable, and if a fumble occurred even after the whistle blew, the team recovering it got possession.

"Officials are held accountable for their calls. They are graded on every play of every game," Aiello said Monday. "Ed has been an outstanding official for many years, but he will be marked down for this call. Under our evaluation system, an official's grades impact his status for potentially working the playoffs and ultimately whether or not he is retrained."

6-9 this week on my picks :thumbsup:

EDIT:

Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said S Roy Williams was scheduled to have surgery on Tuesday to repair the fractured forearm he suffered in Monday night’s win over Philadelphia.

Williams, who will have a metal plate inserted into his arm, will miss three to four weeks with the injury, according to Phillips. Watch a portion of Phillips’ Tuesday press conference.

Steelers Roethlisberger expected to play despite sore shoulder

LINK

Cleveland Browns Santonio Thomas (DT) signed. Robaire Smith (DE) Placed on IR (left achilles).

Cincinnati Bengals Geoffrey Pope (CB) Activated from the Practice Squad. Frank Davis (G) cut.

Seattle Seahawks Keary Colbert (WR) traded. Koren Robinson (WR) signed (one-year contract). LINK

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Elbert Mack (CB) suspended (one game for player safety rules). LINK

Atlanta Falcons Martrez Milner (TE) cut.

Carolina Panthers Steve Smith (WR) suspension lifted.

New England Patriots Stephen Spach (TE) cut. Kyle Eckel (RB) re-signed.

New Orleans Saints Billy Miller (TE) re-signed.

Edited by Kelverin

Anyhow, I was more curious as to whether you spent the last few nights lurking outside of Ed Hochuli's house. :ninja:

Nope, but i do have his email ehochuli@jshfirm.com :fdevil:

Colts Ankle to sideline Sanders 4-6 weeks LINK

Brian Mitchell vs. Clinton Portis :lol:

LINK

New Orleans Saints Matt Lehr C signed. Jason Craft (CB) cut.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Greg White (DE) signed (three year extension).

Jacksonville Jaguars D'Juan Woods (WR) cut.

New York Jets Ben Graham (P) cut.

Seattle Seahawks Logan Payne (WR) Placed on IR (knee).

Edited by Kelverin

Nope, but i do have his email ehochuli@jshfirm.com :sorcerer:

Ha! Let us know if you get a response. He claims that he's responding to all the hate mail.

I love how he claims he "failed miserably." At least he knows that he made a mistake, but that's a very odd rule.

Made to protect the Quarterback. Odd is too nice.

Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total

9/21 1:00 ET At Atlanta -6 Kansas City 36.5 Under

9/21 1:00 ET At Buffalo -9.5 Oakland 37 Over

9/21 1:00 ET At Tennessee -5 Houston 39 Over

9/21 1:00 ET At NY Giants -13.5 Cincinnati 41.5 Over

9/21 1:00 ET At Washington -3 Arizona 42.5 Over

9/21 1:00 ET At New England -12.5 Miami 36 Under

9/21 1:00 ET At Chicago -3 Tampa Bay 35 Under

9/21 1:00 ET At Minnesota -3.5 Carolina 37.5 Under

9/21 4:05 ET At Seattle -9.5 St. Louis 44 Over

9/21 4:05 ET At San Francisco -4 Detroit 46.5 Over

9/21 4:05 ET At Denver -5.5 New Orleans 51 Under

9/21 4:15 ET At Philadelphia -3.5 Pittsburgh 44.5 Under

9/21 4:15 ET At Indianapolis -5.5 Jacksonville 41.5 Under

9/21 4:15 ET At Baltimore -2 Cleveland 38.5 Under

9/21 8:15 ET Dallas -3 At Green Bay 51.5 Under

Monday Night Football Line

9/22 8:35 ET At San Diego -9 NY Jets 44 Over

I'm not going to bother picking the over/unders:

At Atlanta -6 Kansas City (Much like my OAK-KC pick last week, when both teams completely suck, take the points.)

At Buffalo -9.5 Oakland

At Tennessee -5 Houston

At NY Giants -13.5 Cincinnati (Cincy's offense is better than they've showed so far. Giants by 10, but not by 14.)

At Washington -3 Arizona

At New England -12.5 Miami (Too many points to give.)

At Chicago -3 Tampa Bay

At Minnesota -3.5 Carolina

At Seattle -9.5 St. Louis

At San Francisco -4 Detroit (See KC@ATL)

At Denver -5.5 New Orleans (Denver's big weakness is run defense. NO is a great passing offense and pretty much nothing else.)

At Philadelphia -3.5 Pittsburgh (The Steelers' first encounter with a quality front-seven will leave their OL exposed.)

At Indianapolis -5.5 Jacksonville (Battle of the backup OLs! I'll give Indy the edge because they're less reliant on inside running.)

At Baltimore -2 Cleveland

Dallas -3 At Green Bay

At San Diego -9 NY Jets