Image Making thread

BIOShazard

If you want an image made (sig, avatar, tag, anything!) ask an image maker. I myself am one, and I specialize in non-animated images sometimes with nonsense included. I could do other non-animated images, but those are what I specialize in. The sig I'm wearing was handmade. Made from a render(picture without a background. usally a character. sometimes an abstract image), a background I found online, and other stuff. This isn't my best work. I have more, but I don't want to dog right now. I need something to occupy my time. If you want to become an image maker, I reccomend these programs:

Adobe Photoshop (I use Photoshop CS 2)

GIMP

Paint (Not too good for making large scale projects)

Artists: BIOShazard(Me), Deadly_Nightshade

Edited by BIOShazard

geass-1.jpg

Part of Rise of the Sith TSL Mod

I can also make avatars and signatures if people want them, although I would be reluctant to spend a lot of time on items for extremely new members who might not stay for the duration.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I'm sorry for being blunt but if your signature is any sort of reflection of your skills I wouldn't even bother. I mean practice makes perfect and everything but you have a long way to go, I myself honestly had quite a few tricks up my sleeve back when I used to use photoshop frequently but over the years I've lost skill exponentially as seen in my last photoshop of someone in a Ryu costume for Halloween. I haven't been around the "scene" lately so I can't give any good sites but the key to being a good photoshopper is tutorials, tutorials, and more tutorials. Also having a good set of brushes/fonts/stamps and mastery over flow/scatter effects/blending options/etc will lend itself well. Once you get farther in the game, masking and all sorts of complex stuff will come into play but I never really got much farther than that. But either way you don't have to be skilled or even talented, for the most part of me being a nubby I used to just use some tricks of the trade to just make images or sigs look extra polished, clean, and professional. It's all the details, 1px borders, simple blur and blending options to enhance photos, adjustment layers, etc.

Edit: A critique of your current sig is needed to show some flaws. Number one, the background is pure chaos. It looks like you rendered some stuff then went crazy with filters, which is the pinnacle of nub photoshopping, don't do it trust me. It's better to use various brushes with different settings to build up a multilayer foundation for a background. You can add color as you go and what not and it'll really look great if you put the time in. The second thing is color, the background and the rendered picture aren't really in the same pallet of color. I'm no artist or designer but those two tones do not go with each other at all. There is no blending whatsoever between them. This is the point where you can simply duplicate your rendered image like 3 - 6 times and lay the effects on with blending options. Things like levels, curves, color balance, etc mixed with like hard light, soft light, and other options with opacity and blurs will make the image really stand out but most of all stand together with your background instead of simply against it. Text is another key component to a sig. You have to have a font that accentuates the colors and style of the signature. The colors you picked for both fonts weren't good, I find it best to usually always go black or white with either stroke or some other blending options, text should always be as simple as humanly possible and easily read so long as it fits. And lastly anything you do, just throw on a nice simple border and sometimes it'll make a world of difference.

Edit2: Not trying to be mean. Just giving pointers brosive.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Ok, if you had read my post, I said that it wasn't my best work. In fact, I whipped it up in about 5 mins. :thumbsup:

and I have tutorials. I don't consider myself a nub, nor an expert. Or advanced for that matter. I can make a sig, add some effects(blurring to look like the render/subject is moving), and do all that, e tole!

Are you on my Artist list or not?

Edited by BIOShazard

geass-1.jpg

That'd be a no on the artist list. I have standards to keep and if no one is allowed to see my work then my abilities can never be called into question. That is the true wisdom of any talented man.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'd like to say some stuff.

Slug... I have my way to design, and you have your way to design. The background is supposed to be that way. Luv makes the world go 'round. If there was no Luv, then there would be utter chaos. Which is what the background is.

I'm sorry for being blunt but if your signature is any sort of reflection of your skills I wouldn't even bother. I mean practice makes perfect and everything but you have a long way to go, I myself honestly had quite a few tricks up my sleeve back when I used to use photoshop frequently but over the years I've lost skill exponentially as seen in my last photoshop of someone in a Ryu costume for Halloween. I haven't been around the "scene" lately so I can't give any good sites but the key to being a good photoshopper is tutorials, tutorials, and more tutorials. Also having a good set of brushes/fonts/stamps and mastery over flow/scatter effects/blending options/etc will lend itself well. Once you get farther in the game, masking and all sorts of complex stuff will come into play but I never really got much farther than that. But either way you don't have to be skilled or even talented, for the most part of me being a nubby I used to just use some tricks of the trade to just make images or sigs look extra polished, clean, and professional. It's all the details, 1px borders, simple blur and blending options to enhance photos, adjustment layers, etc.

I already know all that. Well, most of it anyway. as I said, I know how to blend and blur, and use C4Ds in a creative way (I guess)

Edit: A critique of your current sig is needed to show some flaws. Number one, the background is pure chaos. It looks like you rendered some stuff then went crazy with filters, which is the pinnacle of nub photoshopping, don't do it trust me. It's better to use various brushes with different settings to build up a multilayer foundation for a background. You can add color as you go and what not and it'll really look great if you put the time in. The second thing is color, the background and the rendered picture aren't really in the same pallet of color. I'm no artist or designer but those two tones do not go with each other at all. There is no blending whatsoever between them. This is the point where you can simply duplicate your rendered image like 3 - 6 times and lay the effects on with blending options. Things like levels, curves, color balance, etc mixed with like hard light, soft light, and other options with opacity and blurs will make the image really stand out but most of all stand together with your background instead of simply against it. Text is another key component to a sig. You have to have a font that accentuates the colors and style of the signature. The colors you picked for both fonts weren't good, I find it best to usually always go black or white with either stroke or some other blending options, text should always be as simple as humanly possible and easily read so long as it fits. And lastly anything you do, just throw on a nice simple border and sometimes it'll make a world of difference.

Edit2: Not trying to be mean. Just giving pointers brosive.

I have a tutorial, and I used to have it pretty much memorized until I took my hiatus. It pretty much said exactly what you said. And I personally don't agree with the Law of Borders. Now, I would like to personally stop this little arguement, and hopefully start taking some requests. Those are the words of the bigger man

Edited by BIOShazard

geass-1.jpg

Thought I'd add that PaintShop Pro isn't a bad program either - at least some of the versions from the past several years, I haven't tried the actual very latest - seems to me like the latest versions of PSP have gone a bit more towards photoediting than graphic editing & creation if that makes sense....

A better example of your work might garner more requests, since these days it's not that hard for even nubs to make simple forum graphics that at least look fairly clean, even if they're not eye-popping or works of art. :sorcerer:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It was still a very nice offer. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, folks.
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to thank you... but thanks... I guess :mellow:

I think I made it clear that it Wasn't my best work!

And I also said I had a tutorial that helped master image makers very much. I left that last part out tho. And I was a well reknowned artist on another website (until some unprecedented incidents happened...) who was also well respected for my creative "juices" that flow through me and my creative way to look at requests. I had so many requests, and images, I have 2 folders for requests, and I will open them up again. I don't want to talk about it again, I want this to stop focusing on my work, and the fact I made it from scratch(except the render) in 5 minutes. so, with magic, I summon... requesters! :)

Edited by BIOShazard

geass-1.jpg

Hm, you guys seemed to make a big deal out of making signatures, so I had to start up photoshop to see how hard it is. Up until now I had only used Photoshop for things like colour correction.

Well, for my first signature ever:

SigAang.png, made in less than 5 minutes.

Comparing this with yours, I have to say if you think sig-making is an actual SKILL, you REALLY need to up your standards.

Hm, you guys seemed to make a big deal out of making signatures, so I had to start up photoshop to see how hard it is. Up until now I had only used Photoshop for things like colour correction.

Well, for my first signature ever:

SigAang.png, made in less than 5 minutes.

Comparing this with yours, I have to say if you think sig-making is an actual SKILL, you REALLY need to up your standards.

*bangs head on comp*

I don't think its an actual skill until I get a job where it is required. And if anyone had read my previous posts: IT'S NOT MY BEST WORK! Its not my worst(my worst work was cluttered with renders with a bad background and horrible text and color), but definatly not my best. You want my best work?

geass-1.jpg

I want a nice image of the swedish king Carl XVI Gustav, with the coat of arms on it!!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I want a nice image of the swedish king Carl XVI Gustav, with the coat of arms on it!!

I got you. i have an image of Carl, I just need the Coat of Arms. you know where I might find it?

EDIT: Never mind. Went to the Swedish wikipedia and found it :) I'll have a prototype which I'll edit as I work.

Edited by BIOShazard

geass-1.jpg

I wonder if BIOShazard's signature is an example of his best work.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Wait, you stole that signature picture from Sloganizer. How can we trust any of your other signature pictures not to be stolen from somewhere else?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Just to be pre-emptive - they're joking, of course.

We really need to take Kaftan's sig and give it to about ten other people. :shifty: